Am I the only one upset about this x men movie?

2»

Comments

• robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    so they killed Darwin?
    they just love spittin our faces man.
    bootleging it steal. the x-men franchise will nwver again see a dime of my money.
  • robdaze151
    edited June 2011
    darwin really can't die. he went through ? like gettong absorbed but he can't die.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Movie was ok...Rewrote history like a ? , but it couldve been worse i guess. Wolvie cameo was funny as hell. Not having the real original xmen ? it all up before it even started.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    darwin really can't die. he went through ? like gettong absorbed but he can't die.

Yeah, but his existence pretty much would've negated Shaw's absorption thing. He would've evolved to handle the blast, then evolved to handle the counter attack, and on and on and on and on it would've gone. With that said, his inclusion just to ? him was the dumb ? .
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    stoneface wrote: »
    I heard its pretty damn good.

as have i, but i still maintain that there is no hope of this being anything more than a waste of money to go see...
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    wait, did Xavier at least get crippled by the end?
  • noirwar
    noirwar Members Posts: 514
    edited June 2011
    Avid xmen fan and I thought this was the only x movie worth a watch. And the chick playing mystique could get the ? Vermeil. Xavier had a fantasy chick right there and never smashed. And c'mon why wouldn't Xavier be a slutboy? He could read ? minds and tell them ? or just course them into doing whatever he wanted. After meeting chicks and finding out what was really on their mind after a while I would use that ? for the dark side because people aren't ? LOL
  • robdaze151
    edited June 2011
    o.k I took my girl to the drive in to see this at her request. I was tripping that she even wanted to see a marvel ased movie so i was kind of happy to oblige. As I said before if you can put the fact that the producers don't know what the ? they're doing out of your head it may be stomachable. before the movie I took her hand and had a heart to heart that I never intended on seeing this movie and that I will go with an open mind but my inner-nerd will force me to point out everything wrong. She was o.k with it and to tell you the truth it was a good film. Didn't have ? to do with X-Men accurately but decent story. Avid fans save ya money. bootleg or wait for dvd but it is an ok film
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    i aint no nerd or nothin, but i was always a fan of the x men and these changes are ? , like how you make havoc cyclops' father instead of his brother???? how you not have jean gray and cyclops in the first place when they was the first x men? who the ? wanna see xzavier and magnus all young n ? . ? this movie.

How to come up with a Hollywood super hero script:
    - write names on seperate pieces of paper
    - fold peices of paper
    - put folded pieces of paper in a hat
    - select pieces of paper
    - write story
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I saw it, It was way better than I thought it would be.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I mean ? Not to get too techniccal but at least follow continuity from film to film or if you are gonna reboot do not include any original actors in the reboot...
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    See, that's the thing right there (And I agree with you): Majority of the people who go see the X-Men or superhero movies in general, have no clue about that said superhero, so it doesn't affect them.

At least that's the only reason I have because anyone who says that that Wolverine movie was good is an idiot.

I'm a fan of the comic books and know the history, and I enjoyed both movies. B/c of I wanted to see a comic, I'd just go read a comic. It's a movie. I'm not paying for a verbatim adaptation. I want something entertaining. EVERYTHING from the comic medium doesn't translate to film. I enjoyed First Class b/c it stated specifically that it was a re-imagining that I enjoyed. And same with the wolverine movie. It was a prequel of wolverine in the movies, not wolverine in the comics.

You just have to turn off the fanboy part of the brain. Now, a movie like The Spirit, or something like that - a movie that completely butchers the source material you have room to complain.