"The Greatest Rapper of All Time Died on March 9"- Canibus (R.I.P. THREAD)

Options

Comments

• InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "NOTORIOUS" is being played on HBO and HBO 2 TONIGHT at 12:01am and 3:01am Eastern Standard Time in honor of the 13th Anniversary of Big's Death. They are playing at Midnight cause Biggie died early morning around 1-2am March 9th. Props to HBO for doing that.

THE NIGHT B.I.G. DIED

alg_biggie_diddy.jpg

(The Death of Christopher Wallace, Actual Video Footage of Party and Shooting in L.A.)

ARTIST AT BIGGIE'S LAST PARTY:

Puffy
    Lox
    Faith
    Aaliyah
    Too Short
    Junior Mafia
    Jermaine Dupri
    Xscape
    DJ Quick
    Clark Kent
    Russel Simmions
    Missy
    Da Brat
    Ginuwine
    Irv Gotti
    Chris Tucker
    Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown

Tupac and Snoop Dogg's along with Lady of Rage Music was played at this Party. Also the time on the tape is Right cause the camera was "EASTCOAST" time. Which is 3 hours fast. Biggie died at 1:15am on March 9th and left the party around 12:30am. The Tape says 1am so it was 10pm Eastcoast time.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^ they're also playin it at midnight cuz most of gucci mane fans (a.k.a. 7 year olds) sleep at 10
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

"Wherever I go my crew is true to swarm, got stripes in NY like Yankee uniforms
    When I was born I know make the world darker, @ the age of 15 tote gats quick to spark ya
    Like Bob Barker if the price is right lay yo ass down for spite, anybody aite"

BIG was that ? !!! RIP to the "Black Frank White"...and BK STAND THE ? UP!!!
  • emceemurda
    emceemurda Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "if faith had twins she probably have 2 pacs"

"girls ? when they see me"

"money cash hoes all a ? knows"

"? them in the ass throw him over the bridge"

"you look so good i'd suck your daddy's ? "

"sleep on my stomach so i dont ? up my sheets"

"? bought me milks at lunch the milks was chocolate, the cookies butter crunch" (he loved food)

"your heartbeat sound like sasquatch feet, thundering shaking the concrete" (always thought this line was mad corny)

lol but jokes a side can't really think of any quotables but i liked "skys the limit, suicidal thoughts," those are my favorite tracks of his he seemed like he was talking from the heart on those ones.

"when i die ? i wanna go to hell cuz im a ? it aint hard to ? tell"

best thing he ever said "your nobody till somebody kills you"

anywayz someone post his lyrics up cuz i dont like flow so biggie never really did ? for me, but he really was the king.. the burger king. I can picture him rapping with a whopper in his hand right now.. but jokes aside

"dont get high on your own supply"

his most famous quote "uhhh"

and the numerous ways he would rhyme his name within a verse

I dunno jay-z beats him and i dont even like jay-z, but lyrically even i can say jay> biggie but jay-z was on big's ? and probably one of the snakiest ? in the game, he was a really good opportunist.
  • king of nyc
    king of nyc Members Posts: 146 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

my tradition every year on march 9th...gotta buy me a 40oz st.Ides pour da whole bottle out -biggie was a big ? (lol)
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

my tradition every year on march 9th...gotta buy me a 40oz st.Ides pour da whole bottle out -biggie was a big ? (lol)

Wow, Biggie was amazing Live. For a Big guy he had mad stage presence and again he sounded great live. Complete artist.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    emceemurda wrote: »
    "if faith had twins she probably have 2 pacs"

"girls ? when they see me"

"money cash hoes all a ? knows"

"? them in the ass throw him over the bridge"

"you look so good i'd suck your daddy's ? "

"sleep on my stomach so i dont ? up my sheets"

"? bought me milks at lunch the milks was chocolate, the cookies butter crunch" (he loved food)

"your heartbeat sound like sasquatch feet, thundering shaking the concrete" (always thought this line was mad corny)

lol but jokes a side can't really think of any quotables but i liked "skys the limit, suicidal thoughts," those are my favorite tracks of his he seemed like he was talking from the heart on those ones.

"when i die ? i wanna go to hell cuz im a ? it aint hard to ? tell"

best thing he ever said "your nobody till somebody kills you"

anywayz someone post his lyrics up cuz i dont like flow so biggie never really did ? for me, but he really was the king.. the burger king. I can picture him rapping with a whopper in his hand right now.. but jokes aside

"dont get high on your own supply"

his most famous quote "uhhh"

and the numerous ways he would rhyme his name within a verse

I dunno jay-z beats him and i dont even like jay-z, but lyrically even i can say jay> biggie but jay-z was on big's ? and probably one of the snakiest ? in the game, he was a really good opportunist.

hmmmm i dont understand where u were going with this post... could u paraphrase it for me?
  • emceemurda
    edited March 2010
    Options
    biggie = the epitome of commercial new york quasi gangsta rap

some other real quotes - "? im too fat ill ? around and have a asthma attack", "rob him while his friends watching", "hail mary full of grace, smack the ? in the face..etc" dude was a lyrical "genius"

my favorite quote, immortal technique "me and you have never been equal like biggie smalls eyes"
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BIG is the GOAT

Pac is a ?

Jay literally owes his entire career to BIG

So does Puff
  • emceemurda
    edited March 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    hmmmm i dont understand where u were going with this post... could u paraphrase it for me?

read between the lines, he was the "king of new york" - ain't never trust kings has a king ever done anything good in history? "i've been robbing ? since the slave ships" he had a good "flow and tone tho but don't say he was king of lyrical ? ain't nothing great about him he has been surpassed"
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • emceemurda
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    BIG is the GOAT

Pac is a ?

Jay literally owes his entire career to BIG

So does Puff

thats your own opinion but i could not relate to him at all so to me he is not the goat maybe because im not from new york.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options
    thats your own opinion but i could not relate to him at all so to me he is not the goat maybe because im not from new york.

new york rules the world

not just in rap either

deal with it

BIG = GOAT
  • radaman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    read between the lines, he was the "king of new york" - ain't never trust kings has a king ever done anything good in history? "i've been robbing ? since the slave ships" he had a good "flow and tone tho but don't say he was king of lyrical ? ain't nothing great about him he has been surpassed"

oh ok, i didnt know if you were hatin or giving props... u just answered my question smh...

dude said in the original post, no hatin... show respect to the man who lost his life 13 years ago man... geez
  • emceemurda
    edited March 2010
    Options
    big hits your brain, while pac hits your heart, what do you value more?
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options
    big hits your brain, while pac hits your heart, what do you value more?

my brain.

by a lot.

pac literally lost his damn mind and got both of them killed by pretending to be the thuggest thug who ever thugged thugs.
  • radaman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    boss ktulu wrote: »
    my brain.

By a lot.

Pac literally lost his damn mind and got both of them killed by pretending to be the thuggest thug who ever thugged thugs.

lmao!!!!!!!
  • emceemurda
    edited March 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    oh ok, i didnt know if you were hatin or giving props... u just answered my question smh...

dude said in the original post, no hatin... show respect to the man who lost his life 13 years ago man... geez

alot of dudes lose there lifes everyday.. and i ain't hating just showing you the opposite side I respect him as a emcee but don't make ? "bigger" then it is..and biggie owes alot to puffy aswell without his production where would big be? but i ain't hating i love one line he said tho which was simple but ill "I perform like Mike/Anyone - Tyson, Jordan, Jackson, action" that was sick for that time my favorite line of his but get of his ? if anyone says pac was goat they say get of his ? so im a say it how it is biggie wasn't that much more lyrical at all" nas kills them both
  • radaman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    alot of dudes lose there lifes everyday.. and i ain't hating just showing you the opposite side I respect him as a emcee but don't make ? "bigger" then it is..and biggie owes alot to puffy aswell without his production where would big be? but i ain't hating i love one line he said tho which was simple but ill "I perform like Mike/Anyone - Tyson, Jordan, Jackson, action" that was sick for that time my favorite line of his but get of his ? if anyone says pac was goat they say get of his ? so im a say it how it is biggie wasn't that much more lyrical at all" nas kills them both

lol u got it man... go ahead and do your thing... smh
  • emceemurda
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    my brain.

by a lot.

pac literally lost his damn mind and got both of them killed by pretending to be the thuggest thug who ever thugged thugs.

ok, you get shot 5 times, nearly die, got to jail, people saying you get ? and your not gonna retaliate? I would have done the same exact thing biggie was his homeboy and pac was real ight pac had mad love for everybody he even wanted big in on thuglife, he even took gun charges for him pac let him open up for his shows he gave him a place to stay let his homies sleep on his couch begged ? to ? him" biggie never even called never visited him in prison now imagine how you would feel if everyone around you is acting shady and everyone says it was big who was responsible in the plot. lol they didnt even care when he got shot, read the vibe magazine pac had a reason for what he did and he lived up to his persona you dont understand pac was done with rap but when he saw what big and puff did that lit the flame in his mind he wanted revenge niggga and he wasnt afraid that ? was inevitable biggie is an idiot and you know that ? was fake as hell just watch the interview he just shady as ? and puffy look like he ? scared as ? !!! trust me I dun hate pac you couldnt walk a mile in his shoes homie..you on the internet typing while pac was shooting at cops.. and biggie was an idiot for even going back to cali he a ? ? he basically ended his own life.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options
    trust me I dun hate pac you couldnt walk a mile in his shoes homie.

you're right

i couldn't fit in Pac's little ballerina slippers

SONNED
  • emceemurda
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ok, you get shot 5 times, nearly die, got to jail, people saying you get ? and your not gonna retaliate? I would have done the same exact thing biggie was his homeboy and pac was real ight pac had mad love for everybody he even wanted big in on thuglife, he even took gun charges for him pac let him open up for his shows he gave him a place to stay let his homies sleep on his couch begged ? to ? him" biggie never even called never visited him in prison now imagine how you would feel if everyone around you is acting shady and everyone says it was big who was responsible in the plot. lol they didnt even care when he got shot, read the vibe magazine pac had a reason for what he did and he lived up to his persona you dont understand pac was done with rap but when he saw what big and puff did that lit the flame in his mind he wanted revenge niggga and he wasnt afraid that ? was inevitable biggie is an idiot and you know that ? was fake as hell just watch the interview he just shady as ? and puffy look like he ? scared as ? !!! trust me I dun hate pac you couldnt walk a mile in his shoes homie..you on the internet typing while pac was shooting at cops.. and biggie was an idiot for even going back to cali he a ? ? he basically ended his own life.

lol and biggie didn't claim to be a gangsta? ? he was a coward pac had heart even you can tell that pac was no match for biggie physically but pac had heart so i respect that but don't say he was crazy look at wtf he ? went threw if i was him i would have done the exact same ? thing.
  • emceemurda
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol, thug doesnt mean your a criminal ? and he grew up after that people change biggie was never hungry look how fat he was his mom was a teacher, he had a meal everyday, jay-z was no gang banger either the thing is pac chose that image so he could get ignorant ? like you to listen to something trust me pac was smart just like lauren said "ill put in a ? ? so ignorant nigggaz will listen" (something like this) you have to remember pac was poor, he at one points lived in apartment complex with no lights, had only a pair of pants used to borrow his friends close he was only a teenager at that point, he probably read more books then university students at that age but he changed his style he no fathers or should say multiple fathers his mom was on ? ? he had to be a thug he became a thug when society stopped caring for him.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How many paragraphs are you going to write about this?

BIG made the only thoroughly complete ALBUM in rap history. Remember albums? Like Marvin Gaye and James Brown used to make? Where a consistent theme flowed from song to song throughout and the entire thing told a connected story? Instead of just 2 weed songs, 2 murder songs, 3 songs for the ? , and 3 collabo songs to get your label mates over? Remember that, ? ?