"The Greatest Rapper of All Time Died on March 9"- Canibus (R.I.P. THREAD)

Options

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

Puffy featuring Sting, Faith Evans and 112 - I'll Be Missing You Live at the MTV Video Music Awards

IllBeMissingYou.jpg

"I'll Be Missing You" is the one of Greatest and most successful rap singles of all time and a tribute to the life and legacy of The Notorious B.I.G. The Song spent a record breaking at the time 11 weeks at #1 on the charts only to be replaced ironically by Biggie's "Mo Money, Mo Problems" which spent an additional 2 weeks at #1. The Single was certified 3x Platinum Domestic and sold 7 Million Worldwide making it one of the highest selling rap singles of all time. It won a grammy in 1997 and was #1 in 15 countries including the U.S.
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited March 2010
    Options
    duckmanpig wrote: »
    I hate to break up the love fest but....
    ? BIGGIE BURNT HAMBURGER ASS ?

wat a ? ass nigggaa... cuz u said that right there ? jus sent all ur dead loved ones to hell... ?
  • AntonLATroy
    AntonLATroy Members Posts: 331
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wat a ? ass nigggaa... cuz u said that right there ? jus sent all ur dead loved ones to hell... ?

Seriously For Real? So now Biggie holds the Keys to Heavan and Hell? Damn you stans say crazy things
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2010
    Options

"The Greatest Rapper of All Time Died on March 9th" - Canibus

Hear this iconic line on Canibus's Classic Diss Record, "2nd Round K.O."
  • tympanic
    tympanic Members Posts: 5
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Biggie is (in my opinion) the G.O.A.T.

He is the only MC I can listen to at any point of time, whenever, wherever.

"You're nobody till somebody kills you."
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    why isnt this a sticky for 2day?
  • youngin13
    youngin13 Members Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Whats ill about Biggie is he had two classics, for two eras. Ready to Die is a classic in it own right, but the beats and sounds of the record seem like they are from 94, not saying its bad, just fits in perfectly with what a lot of people consider the golden age of hip hop. With LAD the musical production along with the rhymes still hold up in todays market, which is why i think BIG is the greatest, to be able to make two classic albums, in basically two different formats and eras is incredible.

RIP BIG
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2010
    Options
    youngin13 wrote: »
    Whats ill about Biggie is he had two classics, for two eras. Ready to Die is a classic in it own right, but the beats and sounds of the record seem like they are from 94, not saying its bad, just fits in perfectly with what a lot of people consider the golden age of hip hop. With LAD the musical production along with the rhymes still hold up in todays market, which is why i think BIG is the greatest, to be able to make two classic albums, in basically two different formats and eras is incredible.

RIP BIG

Not only that but his 2nd LP was a DOUBLE Album. Yes Pac did it 1st but "All Eyes on Me" was his 4th LP, 5th if you including "Thug Life". Bone was on their 3rd LP when they dropped a Double. The fact Big was so ILL that he could drop a double on his 2nd album is amazing and why he had the greatest two album stretch in Hip Hop History. Both Big's albums can be ranked with the greatest albums of all time not just in Hip Hop but Music in general. Aiight guys since Biggie only recorded 100 total songs in his career he didn't leave much behind but their have been a few remixes that have done Biggie's Legecy Justice. Here are my Favorite Biggie Remixes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZsZnpuofk

The Notorious B.I.G. featuring Eminem - "Dead Wrong" A very young Eminem proves his lyrical worth going toe to toe with a rookie Biggie. As great as Eminem verse was and it was great, even Slim had trouble keeping up with Biggie's demanding vocals and amazing flow. No to mention the opening lines of the song and Big's storytelling compeletly dominate the track. The original track was produced by Easy Mo Bee and had a different 2nd verse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyaNkFnR7zY

The Notorious B.I.G. featuring Tupac and Akon "Everyday Struggle Ghetto Remix" - This song uses the instrumental of Akon's "Ghetto" while Biggie's verses from "Everyday Struggle" were used. It was one of the best remixes since he passed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riD38x91rIo

The Notorious B.I.G. featuring 50 Cent - "Realest ? " - This song is a remix of the unreleased "Ready To Die" cut "? ". The song was used on the "Bad Boys II" soundtrack and the 50 actually spits some dope verses on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXOGM0YpFUA

The Notorious B.I.G. - "10 ? Commandments (Cake Remix). This was a mixtape remix that had Big's original vocals used over the Lloyd Banks "Cake" instrumetnal and not a shock it fits perfectly, amazing remix.

One thing that helps Big's GOAT Resume is that you can insert his vocals over any era's production and it will sound good.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Great, legendary thread.....big props to Rapmastermind for this......RIP to Biggie, pound for pound the greatest lyricist ever.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    this kid is a ? posting machine

You are easily the worst poster on the IC ? . Get your white ass to a country music website, you're an embarassment to the IC. I know you're going to make another ? post or thread anyway cuz your love of hip-hop is too great but you are by far the worst poster I have ever seen in my life....from any website. ? you and your mother.
  • MeMyselfNI
    MeMyselfNI Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the Greatest Rapper Of All Times got Shot on the 6 n died on the 13th of September
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wow this is scary the obsession

Biggie is loved all over the world, is that a problem for you? Are you upset because people won't give a ? about you in 15 years? Loser.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Biggie is loved all over the world, is that a problem for you? Are you upset because people won't give a ? about you in 15 years? Loser.

No point even commenting to the haters, the Haters still came into an R.I.P. Thread and cried cause they just don't understand. Like I said they are on the outside looking in. Biggie had a top trending topic on twitter 13 years after his death. Radios all across the WORLD was playing his music yesterday yet according to some haters "Biggie is only loved in New York". LOL, he sold 30 million albums and he's only loved in 1 place? It's ok, their voices are small incomparsion of the loud chorus of voices still bumping Biggie Legecy to the fullest. The haters in this thread are admitted Pac fans so their Bias was clear. It was sad to see them come in this thread posting Pac Diss songs to Biggie. It was pathetic it was like they just couldn't take Biggie getting this love. This the real reason Pac lost the battle, all those disses for what? Biggie is still a Legend, Notorious Stay Winning.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL:

Biggie's 3 song demo >>> Budden's Career

Try again.

'Another Rough One', 'Biggie With the Hype ? ', & 'Whatcha U Want?' are not better than Budden's career.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Great, legendary thread.....big props to Rapmastermind for this......RIP to Biggie, pound for pound the greatest lyricist ever.

No Doubt, with all the "Anti-Biggie" Threads up here it was refreshing to have a thread in his honor. Haters caught mad feelings off this thread and my Snoop Dogg thread praising Biggie. It was sad, it's like they just can't handle him getting this much props. I kinda feel bad for them because again they are on the outside looking in. I'm just happy I lived the Notorious Era. Here's some more gems. Check out this video where Biggie get's his 1st Platinum award. Near the end of the video, it shows clips of Biggie recording songs from "Life After Death" including "? Bleed", "Hypnotize" and the coversation being heard throughout "Somebody's Got To Die" along with him previewing "Going Back To Cali" after he recorded it. It's rare Classic footage of Big in the creative process. LOL @ him and Cease getting John Blazed in the Studio.

Exclusive Rare Footage of Biggie Smalls in the Studio recording his final Classic Album "Life After Death"
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What did Biggie do to warrant this "GOAT" title?

I've asked you this same question about 4 times, rapmastermind, and you have not answered it once.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »

I've asked you this same question about 4 times, rapmastermind, and you have not answered it once.

It's 13 year's later, this thread is all the evidence you need. If you don't know why Big is considered one of the greatest ever. Than I'm sorry, you just missed out or you will have to do your own research. I have nothing to say cause it's established so rehashing it for you is pointless. This is the internet age, all the information you need is there if you research it. You asking me 4 times for what? Big's Legendary Status is established, if you can't see that then oh well, you missed out.
  • Punisher__
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's 13 year's later, this thread is all the evidence you need. If you don't know why Big is considered one of the greatest ever. Than I'm sorry, you just missed out or you will have to do your own research. I have nothing to say cause it's established so rehashing it for you is pointless. This is the internet age, all the information you need is there if you research it. You asking me 4 times for what? Big's Legendary Status is established, if you can't see that then oh well, you missed out.

So, you can't answer because it's black and white? Well, if it's as black and white as you'd like us to think, then it shouldn't be that for you to elaborate.

But I digress.
  • king of nyc
    king of nyc Members Posts: 146 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

just ask ur favorite rapper
  • enomujacku
    enomujacku Members Posts: 992
    edited March 2010
    Options

He was the whole package and was above average with it. no other rapper as much so.

the flow (everyday struggle)
    the lyrics (victory)
    the storytellin (i got a story to tell)
    the concepts (ten ? commandments)
    the radio joints (juicy)
    the chick joints (one more chance rmx)
    hard joints (who shot ya)
    real joints (suicidal thoughts)
    club joints (hypnotize)

i answered that in with my thread. nobody gave a good argument but just said ? like im ridin' ? . even the worst biggie haters aint have a real debate.
  • Punisher__
    edited March 2010
    Options

My favorite rapper's favorite rapper is Nas...

So I doubt that'll work.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My favorite rapper's favorite rapper is Nas...

So I doubt that'll work.

NaS on Biggie:

*"He was the only rapper I feared Lyrically. After I heard "Kick in the Door" and "Victory" I knew I was dealing with one of the greatest"

*"After I heard "My Downfall" I felt I had to go back to the drawing board Lyrically, his rhymes on that track were mind blowing"

*"You was like ? to us in the form of Allah"

*"For every hit you made more rappers afraid to come out, machine gun funk from Queens I came thru to smoke blunts"

*"Who you thought Kick in the Door was for, but that's my HEART"

*"Let there be light, ain't no gang banging in New York tonight, just murals of BIGGIE SMALLS, BIGGER THAN LIFE"

*"Biggie was way to advanced for this game"

*"Hate me now" was influenced by Biggie on "Victory". I wanted to make an Epic track like that, this is why I got Puff on the hook"

NaS sampling Biggie Lyrics and Flow

*NaS, the Millionare the Masion"
    *"Lord have mercy Jesus Christ, He's just Nice, He just slice like a Ginsu"
    *"Knaw, I'm tryin to kick that ? you need to learn though, That Ether that ? that make your soul burn slow"

*NaS made a tribute track to Biggie and Pac called "We Will Survive" and appeared on both Biggie's Posthumous albums.

Biggie made NaS go from Street Dweller to the Black Pablo Escobar after "Ready To Die" smashed the game. Any Questions?

nas.jpg

NaS @ "Notorious" Premiere
  • Punisher__
    edited March 2010
    Options
    NaS on Biggie:

*"He was the only rapper I feared Lyrically. After I heard "Kick in the Door" and "Victory" I knew I was dealing with one of the greatest"

*"After I heard "My Downfall" I felt I had to go back to the drawing board Lyrically, his rhymes on that track were mind blowing"

*"You was like ? to us in the form of Allah"

*"For every hit you made more rappers afraid to come out, machine gun funk from Queens I came thru to smoke blunts"

*"Who you thought Kick in the Door was for, but that's my HEART"

*"Let there be light, ain't no gang banging in New York tonight, just murals of BIGGIE SMALLS, BIGGER THAN LIFE"

*"Biggie was way to advanced for this game"

NaS sampling Biggie Lyrics and Flow

*NaS, the Millionare the Masion"
    *"Lord have mercy Jesus Christ, He's just Nice, He just slice like a Ginsu"
    *"Knaw, I'm tryin to kick that ? you need to learn though, That Ether that ? that make your soul burn slow"

Biggie made NaS go from Street Dweller to the Black Pablo Escobar after "Ready To Die" smashed the game. Any Questions?

nas.jpg

NaS @ "Notorious" Premiere

That doesn't have anything to do with my favorite rapper having Nas as his G.O.A.T.