"The Greatest Rapper of All Time Died on March 9"- Canibus (R.I.P. THREAD)

Comments

• Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    jamacia wrote: »
    Rapmastermind doesn't spam the Reason nowhere near as much as Dretox does with her Eminem threads.

That's only because Dretox is a more active poster. rapmastermind doesn't post as frequently. But whenever he does, it's ALWAYS Biggie related. Just like when Dretox posts, it's always Eminem related.

They are two peas in a pod.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    darkrain wrote: »
    Yeah, that ? was ? illest ever I've heard...one of his best verse....can you imagine what his next album would be sound like?

Probably straight ass cheeks.....have you heard born again???? smh waste of lyrics
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Probably straight ass cheeks.....have you heard born again???? smh waste of lyrics

Your right, Puff wasted all Big's eariler recording and instead of releasing the original beats that Big rapped over. Puff instead put those Legendary vocals over average beats and average features with dudes he probably would of never worked with like ? said. I mean Biggie and Cash Money? No. "Duets" was a discrace to his legacy but both of them espeically "Born Again" was a cut and paste album of freestyle and throw away tracks from before Big's debut "Ready To Die". The only "Current" lyrics were from "Rap Phenomenomk" which Premo remixed from "Keep Your Hands High" a track Big recorded in 97. Big had no imput, the only thing they got right was "Born Again" cause that was the tinative title for Big's 3rd album which was going to be a Triple LP that Big was going to drop in 99/2000 after The Commission. Listening to all the hot producers and beats that have come out after Big, it's crazy to think his Next LP wouldn't of been Classic. Imagine if Big got to rap over the "Money Power Respect", "Whooo", "Can I live", "Bad Boy", "Commission" Beats that were on Lox, Black Rob, Ma$e and Shyne's albums? Imagine "24 Hours To Live" with Biggie singing the hook instead of Puff or Biggie with a verse over that Beat? It's sad. Not to mention dope producers that would of been affiliated with Big like Just Blaze, Kanye, Neptunes and Timbaland. Big was set. Pac cannot be blamed for his posthumus albums also which are cut and paste though I will say Pac's albums post-death have been better than Big's even though both of their work has been butchered. Reguardless everyone enjoys their LP's released instead of their posthumous albums that were made solely to feed their families and not for the integrity of their art. Here's to the good times when Pac and Big were cool, they both would of made great music together. Here are all their callabo's and live Video Performances that I posted form my "Snoop" thread:
    I think they were neck and neck as complete artist. Pac has the edge in subject matter but they are both even as far as song making ability, hooks. Big had the edge Lyrically and Storytelling wise because he was more visual than Pac but Pac was still a very good storyteller. They both could convey strong emotion through their records. To Me I love listening to all their callabos cause it was a Young Biggie who just got into the game and Pac after releasing a couple albums. Here are the 5 Callabo's Biggie and Pac did while alive:

biggie2pacredman.jpg

"2 NOTORIOUS FOR HIP HOP"

1993:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6To1qD8TCTg

"House of Pain" - The Notorious B.I.G. featuring Tupac and Stretch (This song was an outtake from Ready To Die that Puffy admitted leaving off cause he felt the song didn't fit the vibe of the album. Both Biggie and Pac were recording albums at the time. All 3 members on the song have been murdered. This track showed early how versitle Biggie was as it's a Westcoast beat that he still ripped on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y-xMLLZaKE

Spike Lee Freestyle Tupac & Biggie - The Legendary filmmaker himself Spike Lee had the camera on Pac and Biggie after a show. Pac and Biggie were chilling, smoking and drinking and then break out into a freestyle battle. Both verses would be heard on later recordings but at this time they were both freestyles. Pac even meantions Spike Lee in his rhymes. This video shows a strong contrast between both artist. Pac even says in his rhyme "To My N!gga B.I. to the G beside me"

1994:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3wgLAQJw60

"Running from the Police" Tupac featuring Outlaws, Notorious B.I.G., Stretch and Buju Baton - After Biggie had planned to put Pac on his debut album, Pac retured to the favor as this Classic under cut was to be featured on either "Me against the world" or "Thug Life" album. The Beef squashed any attempt at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZErbKzMGfM0

"Let's Get It On" - Eddie F and the Untouchables featuring Tupac, The Notorious B.I.G. and Heavy D - This is another slept on gem that Pac and Biggie recorded together before the beef.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfUQV7UD5fY

Madison Square Garden Freestyle - Tupac, The Notorious B.I.G., Big Daddy Kane, Big Scoop and Shyhiem - This Legendary freestyle was voted as one of the greatest performances in Madison Square Garden History as a Young Biggie and Pac go toe to toe in front of a live New York audience while both outshined a Rap Legend in Big Daddy Kane.

3 Songs, 2 Freestyles. Biggie had the edge in basically all of them lyrically though I love Pac's verses on "Runnin" and "Let's get it on".

The Notorious B.I.G. featuring Puffy and Tupac - Whatcu What & Party and ? (Live Unreleased Rare Video)
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2010
    Lost in the shuffle of his great talents behind the Mic was Biggie was slowly becoming an Actor himself. His video for "Hypnotize" was very cinematic and Christopher Walken and Robert Deniro said they contacted Biggie to be in parts before he died. Checkout Biggie on the Classic Martin Episode "Blow Baby Blow". It was during the 4th season of the Martin show and it's consdiered one of the best episdoes of the entire show. Check it out, funny ass episode. For some Martin and Biggie history check out the intro to "Kick in the Door" in which Biggie samples a Martin Stand up (I gots to talk, I gotta tell what I feel, I got to talk about my life as I see it). Also Biggie was featured on the "Bad Boys" and "Bad Boys II" Soundtrack:

"MARTIN" SEASON 4: "BLOW BABY BLOW" Guest Staring The Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls

martin_l.jpg

"Biggie was the Best Rapper" - Martin Lawerence

Part 1.

Part 2.

Part 3.

20081229-biggie.jpg

"Hypnotize (High Quality/HD)"
  • AntonLATroy
    AntonLATroy Members Posts: 331
    edited March 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    The only difference between rapmastermind and Dretox is that one is male and the other is female. And that's pretty much it. Rapmastermind is to Biggie what Dretox is to Eminem.

I tend to believe that if people just ignored their threads and stop entertaining them, then both will lose their desire to continue...and will start to post rationally, and logically, and the shock posting will cease.

From what I have seen since being here they will just create another thread then another then another lol ignoring does not stop the obsession. What I do find disturbing is the difference in how the 2 are treated. Dretox is dissed constantly and has the majority of her threads locked and this Guy Gets applauded and can have 10 threads with the same premise open
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    From what I have seen since being here they will just create another thread then another then another lol ignoring does not stop the obsession. What I do find disturbing is the difference in how the 2 are treated. Dretox is dissed constantly and has the majority of her threads locked and this Guy Gets applauded and can have 10 threads with the same premise open

na...........Dretox can make any thread in to a Em thread, we could be talking about Opera and SHe wpuld Bring Em up............From wat I seen with Rapmastermind, dude is just answer quesitons and Giving responses back, I could be wrong but thats Wat I see...........then again, dude do be talking about BIG alot lol
  • AntonLATroy
    edited March 2010
    tri3w wrote: »
    na...........Dretox can make any thread in to a Em thread, we could be talking about Opera and SHe wpuld Bring Em up............From wat I seen with Rapmastermind, dude is just answer quesitons and Giving responses back, I could be wrong but thats Wat I see...........then again, dude do be talking about BIG alot lol

LOL Just because I said that I went throught rapmasterminds Posts by clicking on his name and found 5 seperate threads about Biggie he created and 7 others that were either about Biggie or he made about biggie when posting in them.

Now Dretox has a lot more threads I gave up counting after 13 but she has way more posts also.

Both are truly obsessed but only one of them is a girl obssessing over a guy while the other is Guy fixated on another man.

To me they are equally as bad till you reach that gender point and that is where it gets creepy with Rapmastermind
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    LOL Just because I said that I went throught rapmasterminds Posts by clicking on his name and found 5 seperate threads about Biggie he created and 7 others that were either about Biggie or he made about biggie when posting in them.

Now Dretox has a lot more threads I gave up counting after 13 but she has way more posts also.

Both are truly obsessed but only one of them is a girl obssessing over a guy while the other is Guy fixated on another man.

To me they are equally as bad till you reach that gender point and that is where it gets creepy with Rapmastermind

LoL. Basically.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited March 2010

lol..........see i didnt see all that lol..........he seem like a cool dude though
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2010

LOL @ "The Keyboard Detective". You dudes got nothing better to do? For the most part people respond to, view my threads and that's the whole point of a message board. Do you really believe I care what you feel about me and my threads? cause I don't so going on a "Fact Finding Mission" about my thread history isn't nessessary. Most people who know my threads know what I post about. And that hasn't stop them from commenting or viewing them. So how about instead of you obsessing over what I'm posting, put more energy into providing some content to the board.
  • AntonLATroy
    edited March 2010
    LOL @ "The Keyboard Detective". You dudes got nothing better to do? For the most part people respond to, view my threads and that's the whole point of a message board. Do you really believe I care what you feel about me and my threads? cause I don't so going on a "Fact Finding Mission" about my thread history isn't nessessary. Most people who know my threads know what I post about. And that hasn't stop them from commenting or viewing them. So how about instead of you obsessing over what I'm posting, put more energy into providing some content to the board.

I noticed you only approached half of my point. You are doing the same thing as the Dretox girl but she gets her threads locked you get props.

It just makes it seem like the only topics encouraged in the reason are a closed circle that has to align with a thought train or it is locked and shunned.

I guess you not understanding how that deters conversation and growth is normal it is your views that benefit but it hardly seems Hip Hop to Censor
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2010
    I noticed you only approached half of my point. You are doing the same thing as the Dretox girl but she gets her threads locked you get props.

It just makes it seem like the only topics encouraged in the reason are a closed circle that has to align with a thought train or it is locked and shunned.

I guess you not understanding how that deters conversation and growth is normal it is your views that benefit but it hardly seems Hip Hop to Censor

Again I can't speak for Dretox and what she post. I can only speak for myself and my post are always thought out and backed up with whatever I feel will make my point. To me it's irrelevent what you are researching. Everyone post on message board for their own personal reasons. There are rules on message boards but not one that censor people's opinions. The fact is at the end of the day, opinions are posted and people reply to them. I have about 200 post, hardly enough to really "spam" the board. I've only done 5 threads since All Hip Hop came back, hardly enough to be flooding the board with "Biggie Threads". The Bottom line I did two huge threads about Biggie and many people had things to say in them. I also contributed to the "Lupe albums Vs Biggie Albums" thread which I didn't even start. If the Mods choose to lock her threads, they based that on their own views on the situation. Obviously my post and thread count isn't that high so there is no need to delete or block my threads. Again I don't force anyone to read, view or reply to my threads. If people are tired of me talking or posting about Big, then don't reply or read my threads. It's a free net society, nobody forces anyone to do anything. But agian researching my thread history is pointless. Everyone check out The ? Emcee hismelf Jay-Hova during the press conference for the new Stadium in Brooklyn as he shouts out Biggie in the press conference. Wow, Jay will ride for Big till the death, lyrics and all, LOL but check it out:

"WE DID IT AGAIN BROOKLYN, SHOUTOUT TO B.I.G."

"BROOKLYN WE DID IT"

Jay Z - "A World with Amnesia won't forget your name"

Biggie - "Ask my man Jigga, My Ace Boon ? /told me cut that ? off if the ? balloon"
  • rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    biggie-crown.jpg

R.I.P. - The Illest 2 Eva Do It
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited March 2010

He does not see it he is a Classic Stan blind to the reality or its impact on others. Notorious is His Big Poppa he can share his infatuation for dude with othercoming out the closet or all the way out Homos because Biggie was big enough to spread his love around...

"? press they luck-and they get a ? -in
    Straight up the ass, raw dog with the rash
    and I don't ? wit the condoms
    The condoms is a problem from the AIDS gettin sprayed
    Diseases, Big pleases, MC's across the seas"'
  • rusty shackleford
    edited March 2010
    He does not see it he is a Classic Stan blind to the reality or its impact on others. Notorious is His Big Poppa he can share his infatuation for dude with othercoming out the closet or all the way out Homos because Biggie was big enough to spread his love around...
    you can save us all this reverse psychobabble man crush ? & actually go dig biggie up if you're that intent on riding his ? ..

otay.jpg
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2010

"? press they luck-and they get a ? -in
    Straight up the ass, raw dog with the rash
    and I don't ? wit the condoms
    The condoms is a problem from the AIDS gettin sprayed
    Diseases, Big pleases, MC's across the seas"'

Biggie rapped 1,000's of lines and words, you can pick and choose all the crazy insane ? he said all you want but that whole rap went over your head with "Da Wickedest" Freestyle. Learn some definitions:

"Wicked" = Wicked is generally used as an adjective to mean evil or sinful.

The whole rhyme was outlandish and very graphic on purpose genius. Biggie was saying he was "Da Wickedest" meaning "The Most Evil or Sinful" thus the rhyme is filled with things people would consider very sinful or infact very evil. There's a reason he called himself "Son of Satan", "Lucifer, real name Christopher". Biggie was the Devil on wax. He was menencing and terrorizing to his hip hop foes. Biggie said those crazy things cause he wanted people to fear him on the Mic. You always take every line and word he says so litterial it's funny. Here's another rhyme for you:

"My Forte causes cacasians to say, "HE SOUNDS DEMENTED"/car weed scented, if I said it, I meant it/bite my tougue for no one/CALL ME EVIL, OR UNBELEIVEABLE"

Again you want to focus on some "? ? ", I guess you have your own closet issues to work out cause if you are focusing on ? lines, it's obvious what's on your mind. That rhyme and many of Big's rhymes go over your head cause you are to busy hating on his lyrics instead of understanding the genius of them.
  • AntonLATroy
    edited March 2010
    Biggie rapped 1,000's of lines and words, you can pick and choose all the crazy insane ? he said all you want but that whole rap went over your head with "Da Wickedest" Freestyle. Learn some definitions:

"Wicked" = Wicked is generally used as an adjective to mean evil or sinful.

The whole rhyme was outlandish and very graphic on purpose genius. Biggie was saying he was "Da Wickedest" meaning "The Most Evil or Sinful" thus the rhyme is filled with things people would consider very sinful or infact very evil. There's a reason he called himself "Son of Satan", "Lucifer, real name Christopher". Biggie was the Devil on wax. He was menencing and terrorizing to his hip hop foes. Biggie said those crazy things cause he wanted people to fear him on the Mic. You always take every line and word he says so litterial it's funny. Here's another rhyme for you:

"My Forte causes cacasians to say, "HE SOUNDS DEMENTED"/car weed scented, if I said it, I meant it/bite my tougue for no one/CALL ME EVIL, OR UNBELEIVEABLE"

Again you want to focus on some "? ? ", I guess you have your own closet issues to work out cause if you are focusing on ? lines, it's obvious what's on your mind. That rhyme and many of Big's rhymes go over your head cause you are to busy hating on his lyrics instead of understanding the genius of them.

I think you are reaching and that he should drop it and stop encouraging you.

I can see where you both are coming from on some parts but you are reaching bro just admit it Biggie said a lot of suspect stuff that can make you wonder.

Was he wicked definitely, ignorant, twisted, fanciful, unnatural and outrageous most of the time, but I have to agree a lot of it was ? or weird gibberish not worth the praise
  • enomujacku
    enomujacku Members Posts: 992
    edited March 2010
    yall ? belong on the bad girls club
  • rusty shackleford
    edited March 2010
    genstasia wrote: »
    Big SAID alot of Suspect stuff.....
    i remember back in the day when every little remark wasn't considered homosexual.. then.. with the rise in homosexual confidence came the equal rise in the latent [downlow] homosexuals need to prove their projected heterosexuality with phrases like "no ? " & "that's suspect".. sadly enough, these phrases merely bring to the attention of those around the person sayin' them, how often ? thoughts pop up in said person's mind.. thus revealing not only that person's true homosexual proclivity, but the intense nature of self hatred he/she has for what they are completely powerless to change..

human psychology 101: feeling powerless = feeling weak.. weakness is often a stereotypically assumed trait of ? people.. & this feeling of helplessness just makes the situation worse because it drives home the idea that being ? [& the antagonism & outright hatred for the person you had no choice in being] is a permanete fixture in life..

there are several reasons this is such a factor in black america:

1. slavemasters handed down their bigoted religion to those incaptivity.. [& just as most false religions stemming from the brotherhood's template] christianity was designed to seperate mankind with walls built out of the unchangeable details predetermined at conception.

2. lets be honest, if you're black in this country, it's considered a strike against you.. add poverty or a criminal record to the equation & that's two [maby 3] strikes... throw in the world wide bigotry & 2nd hand citizenry that accompanies homosexuality & the ultra machismo front closeted black men [& their heterosexual counterparts] portray is as easily comprehensible as a lil' jon rhyme..

so if you've ever wondered why the suicide rate amongst ? people is the highest.. & why the ? /aids rate amongst black people is the highest.. look no further than the brainwashing template religions of which dionysus, horus, buddah, mithra & others performed many miracles, cured many illnesses, and cast out devils.. they then died to atone for the sins of man & days later arose from the dead, hundreds if not thousands of years before jesus..

reading is fundamentaltu.gif
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2010
    Biggie not only has been sampled extensively lyrically by the entire rap game. But his vocals have been sampled heavily also. Here are some really ILL tracks that sampled Biggie's great voice:

Ludacris Featuring Young Jezzy - Grew Up A Screw Up (Sampled Biggie from "Runnin")

Smitty featuring Swizz Beatz - Diamonds On My Neck (Sampled Biggie from his unreleased J-dilla Produced track Dangerous Emcees)

Method Man featuring Mary J Blige - All I Need (Bad Boy Remix) (Samples Biggie From "Me and My ? ")

Camron - Sports, Drugs and Entertainment (Samples Biggie from "Things Dun Changed")

Fabalous featuring Jay Z and Uncle Murda - Brooklyn (Samples Biggie from his live Madison Square Garden Freestyle with Tupac and Big Daddy Kane)

Jay Z - Where I'm From (Samples Biggie voice from outro skit of "Me and My ? ")

Big Pun featuring Black Thought - Super Lyrical (Samples Biggie from "One More Chance Remix")

Lim Kim - The Notorious K.I.M. (Foxy Brown and Shyne Diss) (Samples Biggie from "Goin Back To Cali")

As you can seem Sampling Biggie equals a Hot Damn Track.
  • AntonLATroy
    edited March 2010
    i remember back in the day when every little remark wasn't considered homosexual.. then.. with the rise in homosexual confidence came the equal rise in the latent [downlow] homosexuals need to prove their projected heterosexuality with phrases like "no ? " & "that's suspect".. sadly enough, these phrases merely bring to the attention of those around the person sayin' them, how often ? thoughts pop up in said person's mind.. thus revealing not only that person's true homosexual proclivity, but the intense nature of self hatred he/she has for what they are completely powerless to change..

human psychology 101: feeling powerless = feeling weak.. weakness is often a stereotypically assumed trait of ? people.. & this feeling of helplessness just makes the situation worse because it drives home the idea that being ? [& the antagonism & outright hatred for the person you had no choice in being] is a permanete fixture in life..

there are several reasons this is such a factor in black america:

1. slavemasters handed down their bigoted religion to those incaptivity.. [& just as most false religions stemming from the brotherhood's template] christianity was designed to seperate mankind with walls built out of the unchangeable details predetermined at conception.

2. lets be honest, if you're black in this country, it's considered a strike against you.. add poverty or a criminal record to the equation & that's two [maby 3] strikes... throw in the world wide bigotry & 2nd hand citizenry that accompanies homosexuality & the ultra machismo front closeted black men [& their heterosexual counterparts] portray is as easily comprehensible as a lil' jon rhyme..

so if you've ever wondered why the suicide rate amongst ? people is the highest.. & why the ? /aids rate amongst black people is the highest.. look no further than the brainwashing template religions of which dionysus, horus, buddah, mithra & others performed many miracles, cured many illnesses, and cast out devils.. they then died to atone for the sins of man & days later arose from the dead, hundreds if not thousands of years before jesus..

reading is fundamentaltu.gif
    You seem to be a big proponent of Homosexuality, are you a Homosexual?

Is that where your passion for the subject comes From?

I am not trying to disrespect but in a few seperate conversation I have seen you argue vigorusly in its favor and I even recall you rhymed something about loving a him.

I may be wrong or you could be a girl and if you are to each his own, we all have vices in life whether it is addictions, compulstions or whatever.

I ask because it seems like you do not understand how someone not into that lifestyle could have such an adverse response to its presence in the music or culture they interact with.

Personally I feel it is something that makes me uncomfortable and would rather not be around or hear about it, where I have grown up only white boys talk about it like that unless the person is actually ? .

I mean everyone has someone they are related to that is a homosexual I know of 2 cousins and 1 aunt in my family that are ? or lesbian, but the rest of us do not see them unless it is like a family cook out or a funeral
  • rusty shackleford
    edited March 2010
    You seem to be a big proponent of Homosexuality, are you a Homosexual?

Is that where your passion for the subject comes From?
    Yes & yes..
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited March 2010
    I thought Pac died on September 13th?
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2010
    "Mo Money, Mo Problems" was a huge hit and help to lanch both Puffy's and Ma$e's career into full drive. As great as Puff and Mase came on the track, Biggie once again stole the show with an amazing verse and a flow for the ages. The Track made history at the time dethone the longest running rap #1 single, "Ill be Missing You" which was a tribute to Biggie. The song also made Biggie the only artist in music history to have 2 posthumous #1 Billiboard Hot 100 singles. The single is certified Gold and Platinum. Watch the video here and also during a Jay Z Concert in California of all places, watch the crowd rap word for word Biggie's verse, Classic ? right here:

[Verse Three: Notorious B.I.G.]

Uhh, uhhh
    B.I.G., P-O, P-P-A
    No info, for the, DEA
    Federal agents mad cause I'm flagrant
    Tap my cell, and the phone in the basement
    My team supreme, stay clean
    Triple beam lyrical dream, I be that
    cat you see at all events bent
    Gats in holsters girls on shoulders
    Playboy, I told ya, bein mice to me
    Bruise too much, I lose, too much
    Step on stage the girls boo too much
    I guess it's cause you run with lame dudes too much
    Me lose my touch, never that
    If I did, ain't no problem to get the gat
    Where the true players at?
    Throw your Rollies in the sky
    Wave em side to side and keep your hands high
    While I give your girl the eye, player please
    Lyrically, ? see, B.I.G.
    be flossin jig on the cover of Fortune
    Five double oh, here's my phone number
    Your man ain't got to know, I got to go
    Got the flow down pizzat, platinum plus
    Like thizzat, dangerous
    on trizzack, leave your ass flizzat
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    genstasia wrote: »
    Big SAID alot of Suspect stuff but most of these rappers are DOING suspect stuff so u choose.....

Enough said.....Biggie's lyrics are not always defensible but no rapper is perfect. Better he say certain stuff than actually do them.

And Rapmastermind, I love those Martin clips you played.....I was dying at work from laughter!!!!!!