Dark Skinned Women....SH*T IS REAL.

Options
Miltown Marauder
Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in The Powder Room
This video shows what dark black women goes through, wow, ? is real.

[video=vimeo;24155797]

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    INB4 fat/ugly darkskinned females blaming their complexion, and not their fat/ugliness for their negative reception
  • gaylovnbromancethugn
    gaylovnbromancethugn Banned Users Posts: 157
    edited May 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    INB4 fat/ugly darkskinned females blaming their complexion, and not their fat/ugliness for their negative reception

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    c7olB.jpg
    "And that's when they told me, 'Gabby, you're ugly because you're dark-skinned, and that's the only reason why.'." - Gabourey Sidibe
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    All due respect to a couple of the ? in there, they just weren't that pretty. To be honest, it's not the skin cuz if they were white they still wouldn't be that attractive.

#justsayin'
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    c7olB.jpg
    "And that's when they told me, 'Gabby, you're ugly because you're dark-skinned, and that's the only reason why.'." - Gabourey Sidibe

SMH thinking she ugly cuz she dark skinned LMAO no you a fat muthafucka girl, put that cheeseburger down and think for a second
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Their dark skin ain't the reason why nobody tryna pipe...
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How many times are people going to show that same ? ' ? ass test with the dolls. When I was 5 I thought that my dad could lift buildings, is there some deep psychological factor there too? ? a 5 year old knows about ? ? I'm pretty sure if you test a bunch of 15 year olds they won't think the black one is dumb and the white one is smart. I've always hated that ? .
  • gaylovnbromancethugn
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How many times are people going to show that same ? ' ? ass test with the dolls. When I was 5 I thought that my dad could lift buildings, is there some deep psychological factor there too? ? a 5 year old knows about ? ? I'm pretty sure if you test a bunch of 15 year olds they won't think the black one is dumb and the white one is smart. I've always hated that ? .

.... alot of these 15 yr old nig nogs were much brighter at 5
  • gaylovnbromancethugn
    edited May 2011
    Options
    sig worthy ...

V
    V
    V
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    SMH thinking she ugly cuz she dark skinned LMAO no you a fat muthafucka girl, put that cheeseburger down and think for a second

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^lol this
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Because it is usually intrinsic for any living thing to find others like itself to be more attractive or desirable. For a young child, to already be at complete opposite to that inclination, it suggests some pretty deep and strong negative conditioning.

And you'd be surprised, there are plenty of black teenagers out there walking around assuming that a white person or an asian will be smart for no other reason than the fact that they are white or asian.

As far as the video goes, I'm tired of seeing these pity parties from black women. It's like every 3 months, some video or study comes out trying to bash everyone over the head with how bad black women have it. That said, these women have had some screwed up experiences, and that's messed up. What's even worse is that the experiences the younger chicks had were pretty much the same as what the olders ones had and that's ridiculous. You mean to tell me all this time has passed and people haven't changed their mindstate yet?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Because it is usually intrinsic for any living thing to find others like itself to be more attractive or desirable. For a young child, to already be at complete opposite to that inclination, it suggests some pretty deep and strong negative conditioning.

And you'd be surprised, there are plenty of black teenagers out there walking around assuming that a white person or an asian will be smart for no other reason than the fact that they are white or asian.

As far as the video goes, I'm tired of seeing these pity parties from black women. It's like every 3 months, some video or study comes out trying to bash everyone over the head with how bad black women have it. That said, these women have had some screwed up experiences, and that's messed up. What's even worse is that the experiences the younger chicks had were pretty much the same as what the olders ones had and that's ridiculous. You mean to tell me all this time has passed and people haven't changed their mindstate yet?

Exactly. It's b/c these vids just discuss the negatives that happened but there is never any real discussion about how to end this ? . It's good to hear the pain from them so get how deeply it effects them. But after the show everybody just goes home and nothing is ever discussed about how we get the youth to respect each other for who we are then nothing is accomplished. And thus it continues to be a problem for every generation.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Exactly. It's b/c these vids just discuss the negatives that happened but there is never any real discussion about how to end this ? . It's good to hear the pain from them so get how deeply it effects them. But after the show everybody just goes home and nothing is ever discussed about how we get the youth to respect each other for who we are then nothing is accomplished. And thus it continues to be a problem for every generation.

That's a real good point. These videos are always just they whining and crying. I think people thing that displaying that is enough to change things, but it's not. SMH @ the dark skinned chick hoping her daughter doesn't come out dark. She's part of the problem. My wife's cuz is dark and his daughter came out dark. He didn't sit there hoping she didn't come out dark. He simply treats her like a princess and raises her to believe that her dark skin is beautiful. And she believes it and her confidence in that leads to everyone else believing it too. No one calls her skin tone ugly. Pretty much everyone that sees it regardless of race tells her she has beautiful skin.
  • Ladiesman
    Ladiesman Members Posts: 741
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I skimmed thru the vid coz I'm tired of all of it, I swear we the most confused race on the damn planet, white ppl really dun a job on us, I'm confused what's so good bout being white or light skin white skin turn red in the heat and in the cold, they age quicker, get crazy wrinkles and tan themselves so much they give themselves cancer, their hair like straw and breaks easy, yet our hair is strong and we hate it, damnnnn b4 white ppl hit africa, it was the opposite the blacker you were the better, because it meant you was protected from the Sun ? . I say this and I'm a light skin guy.
  • Im_Linx
    Im_Linx Members Posts: 573 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I neve dealt with any racism or rejection from others due to my complextion and im dark. Just sayin
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? we need to do one on big headed duns.
    i went thru hell trying to find a hat, skully or headband.
    its some real small minds out therrre.
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited May 2011
    Options
    c7olB.jpg

lmao .......
  • ty-boogie
    ty-boogie Members Posts: 368
    edited May 2011
    Options
    We ? ourselves. The white folks really did a number on us. You kind of expect to be attacked from an outsider, but to be attacked by one of your on should feel even worse. There is so much separation amongst us. There are colors within colors. (Bloods & Crips) WTF, why can't we be one and build? Rhetorical question. Peace
  • Yummy.Lix
    Yummy.Lix Members Posts: 1,398
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol...I agree that having ugly people in the video does not prove a point...&
    why are they older women? :\ I think they should have used younger ones to
    make it more modern.I'm very sick of this topic,but this documentary does seem
    like it will be good.Since it is seems like it's going to be a depressing memoir it might
    change the people who are prejudice ways of thinking.Of course not all, but some.

At that end of the day you shouldn't let people's prejudices,ignorance, & racism stop
    you from being the best person you can be.Why does your worth need to be in your
    skin tone?I think that it is so sad people were conditioned to feel that.I hate when I
    hear black males & females talk "He/she must be light skin!"I remember reading a story
    that my friend wrote for wrote for school.It was a love story & the "male of interest,"
    was described as "He was light skin,tall, with hazel eyes, he was what every girl wanted."
    Mind you,my female friend who wrote this was not light skin.
  • Yummy.Lix
    Yummy.Lix Members Posts: 1,398
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ty-boogie wrote: »
    We ? ourselves. The white folks really did a number on us. You kind of expect to be attacked from an outsider, but to be attacked by one of your on should feel even worse. There is so much separation amongst us. There are colors within colors. (Bloods & Crips) WTF, why can't we be one and build? Rhetorical question. Peace

I don't blame white people for this.If we keep using that excuse we will
    be blaming white people in year 3000.It's time for black people to start pointing
    the blame at themselves.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

.......didnt watch the video but ima agree with this statement.
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Some people call me darkskinned, some call me brown, idk.
    But ive never had issues such as this lmao.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thats stupid cause I'm white as ? and I got made fun of all the time for it until the twilight movies came out.
  • tam
    tam Members Posts: 903
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol@ that random mulatoo....

...i'm tired of hearing about this, we all go thru ? . and those chicks were... iono man. lol
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited May 2011
    Options
    tam wrote: »
    Lol@ that random mulatoo....

...i'm tired of hearing about this, we all go thru ? . and those chicks were... iono man. lol

lol They were ALL oooglay!