Kojima: No MGS5 reveal at E3

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in IllGaming
Hideo Kojima has ruled out a Metal Gear Solid 5 reveal at this year's E3.

Offering 'yes' or 'no' answers to a series of questions in the latest Kojima Productions podcast, as reported by Andriasang, Kojima also announced Konami was planning to mark the franchise's 25th anniversary next year.

He also confirmed that Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D will be out by the end of the year on 3DS and that he won't be on stage during Microsoft's E3 presser.

Here's the Q&A in it's full, unedited, verbose glory:
  • Will you appear at the Microsoft E3 press conference? - NO
  • Will you announce Metal Gear Solid 5 - NO
  • Will MGS 3D be released at the end of 2011? - YES
  • Is Doctor Lautrec the new title from the Metal Gear staff? - NO (with a laugh)
  • Did Kojima Productions Not Work on Metal Gear Arcade? - YES
  • Is Gray Fox the main character in MGS Rising? - NO
  • Will MGS Rising's multiplayer be shown? - NO
  • Is MGS Rising's release date 1st November, 2011? - NO
  • Will MGS4 be ported to NGP? - NO
  • Are you planning something big for Metal Gear's 25th anniversary next year? - YES

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    25th anniversary?

has to be HD remakes of 1, 2, and Snake eater
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    25th anniversary?

I read somewhere that he will bring mgs: peacewalker to ps3.....and I don't see them making another metal gear game......I would like to see a remake of mgs solid 1 though
  • momanpr100
    momanpr100 Members Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    25th anniversary?

I hope so, along with a new one.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is no one else sick of Metal Gear? I'm all up for HD remakes but the story is done. How much more would you want them to milk it before it went stale? That's my opinion on MGS anyway, I rather Kojima did something completely new, or ZOE3
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is no one else sick of Metal Gear? I'm all up for HD remakes but the story is done. How much more would you want them to milk it before it went stale? That's my opinion on MGS anyway, I rather Kojima did something completely new, or ZOE3

the story is done but not the backstory... they can still go in to big boss life... and then they can branch off Raiden... but Kojima needs to make another game... its said that a genius has to waste is talent on one game...
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    the story is done but not the backstory... they can still go in to big boss life... and then they can branch off Raiden... but Kojima needs to make another game... its said that a genius has to waste is talent on one game...

Or maybe grey fox......the highest ranked soldier in the history of foxhound....but I would rather have a remake of metal gear 1 & 2 along with mgs 1
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    if you've read about how they plan to handle the swordfighting, you know that RISING w/ Raiden will be worth a cop

the OBVIOUS route after that is a re-imagining of the original Metal Gear game. Its kinda ridiculous how the entire franchise's story is still revolving around that old ass NES game. Bring that ? into the 21st century, Kojima.