How the hell Is Ross Better Than Biggie?

Comments

• Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    darkrain wrote: »
    That's not the point of this thread. The thread said "Rick Ross isn't better than Biggie Small and not on Biggie Small level" so do you agree with it? YES or NO.

IMHO...YES

I hate that I have to put a preselected group of rappers in my Top 5 that I dont even listen to because if I don't, I'm being blasphemous to Hip Hop. I listen to Ross & resonate more with his music than Biggie's. I enjoyed "Deeper than Rap" more than any Biggie record. And dont try me....my hip hop knowledgebase is extremely thorough & extensive.
  • talik23
    talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    only on ic, some dumb ? will say ross was better than biggie lmao.........
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Rey ? wrote: »
    IMHO...YES

I hate that I have to put a preselected group of rappers in my Top 5 that I dont even listen to because if I don't, I'm being blasphemous to Hip Hop. I listen to Ross & resonate more with his music than Biggie's. I enjoyed "Deeper than Rap" more than any Biggie record. And dont try me....my hip hop knowledgebase is extremely thorough & extensive.

Out of curiosity...how old r you?"

Are you telling me that you enjoyed Deeper Than Rap more than Ready To Die? or even Life After Death?.....Are you out of your ? mind?

That makes me think you have a bad taste in music.

Very funny that you mention "it's disrespectful to artists who've put in a ? load of work that they'll never be as respected as someone who only did 2 albums, was around for 3 years & received most of his hype from dying"

Then why you even put Big Pun there when he only have one classic album?.
  • Rey Negro
    edited May 2011
    Out of curiosity...how old r you?"

Are you telling me that you enjoyed Deeper Than Rap more than Ready To Die? or even Life After Death?.....Are you out of your ? mind?

That makes me think you have a bad taste in music.

Very funny that you mention "it's disrespectful to artists who've put in a ? load of work that they'll never be as respected as someone who only did 2 albums, was around for 3 years & received most of his hype from dying"

Then why you even put Big Pun there when he only have one classic album?.

Age: 24 (My older brothers & cousins are in their 30s, I was raised on 90s rap)
    Birth city: Philadelphia (90 minutes from NYC, East Coast as you can get)

I put Big Pun there, as I did AZ, Nas & Jay to show that Biggie wasn't a lyrical titan like those mentioned. In a straight freestyle, he wouldn't be able to hang but, people front as if I'm saying somethin crazy. In rap, you have good lyricists (like Biggie, Pac, etc.) & then you have ? that can lyrically blackout on records (like Eminem, Nas, Pun or Lupe Fiasco)

I like what I like & I know 70% of the reason why people like Ready to Die & Life After Death is because its cool to like those albums, not because they were volumes better than every rap album ever released.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    IMHO...YES

You are the man.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    LOL at this dude wanting somebody to change his opinion. The reasons I believe Ross>>>Big.......

Rich off ?
    Valley of Death
    Mafia Music 1&2
    Maybach Music 1-3
    Usual Suspects
    Tears of Joy
    I'm not a Star
    Black Mans Dream
    John Doe
    Cigar Music
    In Cold Blood
    Knife Fight
    Perfectionist
    The Transporter
    Throw em in the Sky
    Diamonds and Maybachs
    Live Fast Die Young
    Aston Martin Music
    300 Soldiers
    Money Maker
    Even Deeper
    9 Piece
    BMF
    Made Man
    Pandemonium
    All the Money in the World
    etc etc etc

Ross discography completely ? on Biggie.

Etc etc etc
  • talik23
    edited May 2011
    Top 5: Jay-Z (mid 90s era), Nas (Illmatic era), Ice Cube (No Vaseline era), DMX (Dark & Hell is Hot era) & Tupac.

I put Big Pun there, as I did AZ, Nas & Jay to show that Biggie wasn't a lyrical titan like those mentioned. In a straight freestyle, he wouldn't be able to hang but, people front as if I'm saying somethin crazy. In rap, you have good lyricists (like Biggie, Pac, etc.) & then you have ? that can lyrically blackout on records (like Eminem, Nas, Pun or Lupe Fiasco)

I like what I like & I know 70% of the reason why people like Ready to Die & Life After Death is because its cool to like those albums, not because they were volumes better than every rap album ever released.

since when it was cool just to like artists or albums. if u grow up in that era u would know biggie was a beast on the mic and had autobiographical lyrics and storytelling abilities.
    big was the only ? i know that rip that notorious thugs with bone thugs. i dont think rappers like lupe, pun, az or nas can rap that fast and ? it like big did it
  • talik23
    edited May 2011
    LOL at this dude wanting somebody to change his opinion. The reasons I believe Ross>>>Big.......

Rich off ?
    Valley of Death
    Mafia Music 1&2
    Maybach Music 1-3
    Usual Suspects
    Tears of Joy
    I'm not a Star
    Black Mans Dream
    John Doe
    Cigar Music
    In Cold Blood
    Knife Fight
    Perfectionist
    The Transporter
    Throw em in the Sky
    Diamonds and Maybachs
    Live Fast Die Young
    Aston Martin Music
    300 Soldiers
    Money Maker
    Even Deeper
    9 Piece
    BMF
    Made Man
    Pandemonium
    etc etc etc

Etc etc etc

and he still cant see a plat ablum yet smh. ross lost
  • Rey Negro
    edited May 2011

Rich off ?
    Valley of Death
    Mafia Music 1&2
    Maybach Music 1-3

Usual Suspects
    Tears of Joy
    I'm not a Star
    Black Mans Dream
    John Doe
    Cigar Music
    In Cold Blood
    Knife Fight
    Perfectionist
    The Transporter
    Throw em in the Sky
    Diamonds and Maybachs
    Live Fast Die Young
    Aston Martin Music
    300 Soldiers
    Money Maker
    Even Deeper
    9 Piece
    Hustlin
    BMF
    Play Your Part
    Made Man
    Pandemonium
    etc etc etc

Etc etc etc

I could listen to the bolded forever...(i added a few)

"I go to my grave befo I be a ? ? !!!!!!!!"

Black Man's Dream should've been a single....
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited May 2011
    smh@ preme i thought u was betta then this fam cuz this thread is clearly a shot a STILLDREAMING wit his SIG & thatz family thatz violatin imean yes rozay was a TEEN CO but he was not sittin around MEN BUTT AZZ NEKKED eatin kfc refusin 2 put clothez on like BIGGIE NO MANN/YOUR NAME IS EARL.....imean seriously preme how can u defend that ? ? thatz way worst then that CO ? smh lolll
  • Rey Negro
    edited May 2011
    talik23 wrote: »
    since when it was cool just to like artists or albums. if u grow up in that era u would know biggie was a beast on the mic and had autobiographical lyrics and storytelling abilities.
    big was the only ? i know that rip that notorious thugs with bone thugs. i dont think rappers like lupe, pun, az or nas can rap that fast and ? it like big did it

The same way sports analyst speak about Basketball players in their primes.....those albums were those rappers at their hungriest. ? I look like talkin about Kingdom Come when Reasonable Doubt is 150x better.
  • talik23
    edited May 2011
    The same way sports analyst speak about Basketball players in their primes.....those albums were those rappers at their hungriest. ? I look like talkin about Kingdom Come when Reasonable Doubt is 150x better.

so u cant ? about ? liking two classic albums from biggie better than ross knowing them ? is 150x better than all his albums he put out
  • darkrain
    edited May 2011
    Top 5: Jay-Z (mid 90s era), Nas (Illmatic era), Ice Cube (No Vaseline era), DMX (Dark & Hell is Hot era) & Tupac.

Just wow...... Even you put top 5 with Jay-z in there?

If you say Bigge wasn't a lyrical then Rick Ross wasn't even a ? lyrical if think you think Rick Ross better than Biggie Small....you know what sad...Most of your favorite rappers always have Biggie's name in their top 5. Biggie Small does have good lyricist, I don't think you understand what lyricist is.

Explain to me why a lot of MC's rappers biting Biggie Small lyrics in their songs with only Biggie Small had two albums?...that say something a lot.

Lol, what about 80's Golden Era Hip-Hop?

I wouldn't be surprised if you think Jay-Z is better than Big Daddy Kane.
    I like what I like & I know 70% of the reason why people like Ready to Die & Life After Death is because its cool to like those albums

Just listen what the ? did you say?....that's sound like Rick Ross albums.
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    I could listen to the bolded forever...(i added a few)

"I go to my grave befo I be a ? ? !!!!!!!!"

Black Man's Dream should've been a single....

That's what's up. Plus Ross is STILL dropping classic material with no signs of slowing down. This ? mixtapes be better than most ppls albums these days.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Biggie Smalls is the illest
  • Rey Negro
    edited May 2011
    talik23 wrote: »
    so u cant ? about ? liking two classic albums from biggie better than ross knowing them ? is 150x better than all his albums he put out

I never said that my ? ....we all entitled to our opinions. No hate. I just dislike that its considered a Law that no one will ever be better than Biggie Smalls. 2 albums, 3 year career, was only alive for one of those albums...cmon bruh. Thats so disrespectful to the ? who been around 8-10 years
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    gee757 wrote: »
    smh@ preme i thought u was betta then this fam cuz this thread is clearly a shot a STILLDREAMING wit his SIG & thatz family thatz violatin imean yes rozay was a TEEN CO but he was not sittin around MEN BUTT AZZ NEKKED eatin kfc refusin 2 put clothez on like BIGGIE NO MANN/YOUR NAME IS EARL.....imean seriously preme how can u defend that ? ? thatz way worst then that CO ? smh lolll

LOL nah its cool most posters here can't handle the truth in my sig. Ross has better albums, more material, and he's making bigger moves than Christopher Wallace ever did. I think some ppl Are confused by my sig, I don't think Biggie is the GOAT, but I do think Ross is better than Big ever was.
  • Rey Negro
    edited May 2011
    Just wow...... Even you put top 5 with Jay-z in there?

If you say Bigge wasn't a lyrical then Rick Ross wasn't even a ? lyrical if think you think Rick Ross better than Biggie Small....you know what sad...Most of your favorite rappers always have Biggie's name in their top 5. Biggie Small does have good lyricist, I don't think you understand what lyricist is.

Explain to me why a lot of MC's rappers biting Biggie Small lyrics in their songs with only Biggie Small had two albums?...that say something a lot.

Lol, what about 80's Golden Era Hip-Hop?

I wouldn't be surprised if you think Jay-Z is better than Big Daddy Kane.

Just listen what the ? did you say?....that's sound like Rick Ross albums.

I know what a lyricist is...do you?

I'm done arguing. If you don't know the difference between a ? who can say a few hot lines & a ? who can rhyme 20 multi-syllables in a verse, me wasting my energy won't change your opinion or lack thereof.
  • Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Biggie is way better than Ross and its not even close.
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Antwuan89 wrote: »
    Biggie is way better than Ross and its not even close.

Rich Off ? >>>>Any song Frank White ever made
  • darkrain
    edited May 2011
    I know what a lyricist is...do you?

I'm done arguing. If you don't know the difference between a ? who can say a few hot lines & a ? who can rhyme 20 multi-syllables in a verse, me wasting my energy won't change your opinion or lack thereof.

LMAO...what the ? ? did you just listen what you say?

Name one song that Rick Ross song better than Gimme The Loot?

• Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Suicidal Thoughts>Ross song
  • darkrain
    edited May 2011
    Antwuan89 wrote: »
    Suicidal Thoughts>Ross song

No question, hes' going to post random song with the same ? songs Rick Ross raps about.
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011

Name one song that Rick Ross song better than Gimme The Loot?

Mafia Music 2

• jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited May 2011
    Putting Ross ahead of BIG in any musical aspect equates to three things;

You're shock posting
    Rap is new to you
    You're a ? ?

Straight up, get this twilight zone ? outta here....