Who Are You More Dissapointed in T-Mac or Vince Carter?

Options
ICame4Pussy
ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Both were notorious for being lazy, faking injuries, etc but who are you more dissapointed. Ima say VC just because of the caliber of teams that he's been on since Toronto and still hasnt won ? . Outside of two years with yao, t mac never had a credible team

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    VC was a freak athlete and could shoot the ball but he lacked hella heart T mac was lazy but he had more injuries then Vince
  • Toothpik
    Toothpik Members Posts: 192
    edited May 2011
    Options
    vince to me was/better player/had better career...goat dunker, unstoppable when in his prime...plus he was clutch, somebody posted up his clutchs shots video around here a while ago in this very discussion basically...t mac was great for a couple of years, but never out of the 1st round?cmon man...hes the more dissapointing...
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    T-Mac was the best player in the NBA for a lil bit and never made it outta the first round...gotta go with him
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    T-mac...my fav player for one smh and the got dayum injuries ruined him.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Neither. They both ended up just like I figured. Both appeared to be decent scorers and "highlight" players, but I never thought they would be anything more. 18-20 ppg career type dudes.

Only stans and younginz that only saw one generation of NBA players thought they would be more.
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    T-Mac was that ? for a 2-3 yr span in Orlando i had his shoes n everything and i still have his jersey smh ima go with him
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited May 2011
    Options
    T-Mac was that ? for a 2-3 yr span in Orlando i had his shoes n everything and i still have his jersey smh ima go with him

Man i remember rocking that Shiny All Blue #1 Jersey
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Neither. They both ended up just like I figured. Both appeared to be decent scorers and "highlight" players, but I never thought they would be anything more. 18-20 ppg career type dudes.

Only stans and younginz that only saw one generation of NBA players thought they would be more.

What current NBA players would you apply that logic to?
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What current NBA players would you apply that logic to?

80 percent of today's "stars".

You gotta realize everybody can't be the next "GOAT". Somebody gotta be the next...

Clyde Drexler, Brad Daugherty, Cedric Ceballos, Mitch Richmond, Kevin Johnson, Dominique Wilkins, John Starks, Jeff Hornacek, Kevin Gamble, etc, etc.

^^^ All of those names are random as ? (I know, lol) but they were all "good" players. Some a lil better than good (i.e. Drexler, Richmond, KJ, etc.) But yet almost all of them are "forgotten" by the media and new generation of fans.

For every Jordan and Magic and Shaq, there are going to be 15-20 players like the ones above that are just "good".
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Tracy McGrady because his stint with Orlando and early Houston days not to many ? scored the ball as easy as him then he got hurt :(

hope nobody forgots how much of a beast he was back then

that was the year Kobe averaged damn near 40 ppg in a month and Mcgrady still beat him for leading scorer of league
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Are you sick?

T-Mac is one of the greatest scorers to come through the NBA. They say KD and and Melo score easily and at will, T-Mac scored easier. Say what you want but T-Mac is one of the greatest talents to come through the NBA, just a lot of unrealized potential
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    VC.

T-Back AKA Knee-Mac at least have injuries to blame his ? on.

VC came into the league as the most athletic ? and had a Jumper. There was NO excuse for this ? not to be Kobe status other than laziness/lack of heart.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Remember when T-Mac tried to shut it down for the rest of the season and they did an MRI on him and found nothing wrong wit him. Smh.

Honestly V.C. still show alot of flashes, so Ima go wit T-Mac tho for the situaton mentioned above.

But I made this point a while back in another thread, those crazy ass dunks them ? was doin takes its toll on ur knees and ankles. That ? didnt help them either.
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Remember when T-Mac tried to shut it down for the rest of the season and they did an MRI on him and found nothing wrong wit him. Smh.Honestly V.C. still show alot of flashes, so Ima go wit T-Mac tho for the situaton mentioned above.

But I made this point a while back in another thread, those crazy ass dunks them ? was doin takes its toll on ur knees and ankles. That ? didnt help them either.

HA!!!!!! What season that was?
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Remember when T-Mac tried to shut it down for the rest of the season and they did an MRI on him and found nothing wrong wit him. Smh.

Honestly V.C. still show alot of flashes, so Ima go wit T-Mac tho for the situaton mentioned above.

Yeah, I remember that ? .

Thing about both of them is that they never really made their teams better. They both made the Raptors semi-relevant for a minute, but never made a team a threat to win a chip or even come close.

Look at Durant, Rose, and Dwight Howard and the instant, significant impact they've had on their franchises. That's what I respect. Some ? pulling 30-40 shots a night for 30 points and losing by 10 ain't ? to me.

#kanyeshrugz
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Are you sick?

T-Mac is one of the greatest scorers to come through the NBA. They say KD and and Melo score easily and at will, T-Mac scored easier. Say what you want but T-Mac is one of the greatest talents to come through the NBA, just a lot of unrealized potential

excellent post. If it wuznt for injuries and mentally weakness T-Mac would hav been kobe status or even better. Im glad il see how T-Macs game would like in hz prime in KD(When he realizes hz full potential)
  • A$AP_A$TON
    edited May 2011
    Options
    HA!!!!!! What season that was?

Like the year before he got traded to the Knicks I believe.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I remember that ? .

Thing about both of them is that they never really made their teams better. They both made the Raptors semi-relevant for a minute, but never made a team a threat to win a chip or even come close.

Look at Durant, Rose, and Dwight Howard and the instant, significant impact they've had on their franchises. That's what I respect. Some ? pulling 30-40 shots a night for 30 points and losing by 10 ain't ? to me.

#kanyeshrugz

But when those guys were in there primes, they never really had major help either. T-Mac had Yao, but they were rarely healthy at the same time. And V.C. took the ? Raptors to the Eastern Conference finals. V.C. and Tracy had to jack up shots for they teams, or there would be no offense. I mean ur team mates have to make shots in order for an assist.

All three of those guys have had better surrounding cast then T and Vince.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I gotta go w/ Vince. I'm a ? UNC fan and I saw damn near every college game he ever played. I'm the type of fan who still follows his fav college players when they get to the pros so I watched Vince closely his first couple of years in the league. I was happy for his success b/c @ UNC he always seem hesitant to be a star & was always in Antwan Jamison's shadow. Dude just never seemed to wanna take it to the next level though.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Vince is my fav player, but i must say him..

its more of a sadness type feeling for t-mac...
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    T-Mac...I miss the Kobe/McGrady days when Kobe would go out there and ball, then McGrady would play next day and play like, "Kobe Who?". That ? T-Mac was so cold on that court. Vince has always been one of my favorite players, but I always felt like he should have played more of a Pippen type role to somebody like McGrady or Kobe.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    T-Mac...I miss the Kobe/McGrady days when Kobe would go out there and ball, then McGrady would play next day and play like, "Kobe Who?". That ? T-Mac was so cold on that court. Vince has always been one of my favorite players, but I always felt like he should have played more of a Pippen type role to somebody like McGrady or Kobe.

c/s this whole post
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Vince. Tracy tried and worked hard . Vince ? up and is just a basketcase. It's hilarious, he's like the only 80+ rated player on NBA 2K games that can pretty much maul people. It's like even computers are like, "WTF is he? He has 90 level talent but only plays to 80 potential, and even then his streaks of brilliance are good for 30."

Biggest disappointment ever.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    edited May 2011
    Options
    knights wrote: »
    Vince. Tracy tried and worked hard . Vince ? up and is just a basketcase. It's hilarious, he's like the only 80+ rated player on NBA 2K games that can pretty much maul people. It's like even computers are like, "WTF is he? He has 90 level talent but only plays to 80 potential, and even then his streaks of brilliance are good for 30."

Biggest disappointment ever.

Lol. U made a good point about VC on 2k, u can light a ? up wit him on der.