scottie pippen must feel slighted by mj for some reason

Options

Comments

• Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What do that have to do wit the better player?

Rings dont mean you're a better player that means you had the best team

Then Kobe is the best to ever touch a basketball
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Show me footage of kobe shuttin down anybody let alone the leagues mvp in the ECF in multiple games like lebron did

Kobe sticks rajon rondo in the finals and lebron will be stickin Dirk

lol @ shutting down Rose. Lebron played rose what no more than 10 plays that entire series you ? ? . Rose went 6 for 30 and ? regularly and it wasn't cause of 1on1 D by Lebron.

You said this exact same stupidity about Scottie Pippen and then said Pippen was garbage defensively. Youre a ? who obviously doesnt know what good defense is. Lebron himself said Kobe taught him how to play lock down defense instead of gambling defense when they were on Team USA. Lebron didnt win his first defensive award until the year AFTER playing with Kobe on team usa. This was widely commented on and commentators and nba analysts alike all spoke about how much playing with Kobe lifted Lebron's defense.

This is lock down defense and its on a level that Lebron has never demonstrated because he does not have the footwork, the same reason he has no real post game. This is the type of defense that had Tmac shooting in the 20%FG while Kobe dropped 53 pts on him. What premier scorer on the level of Tmac has Lebron ever locked down and made shoot that poorly. It hasnt happened.

Wade averages 25pts on 43% shooting on Kobe
    Wade averages 28pts on 47% shooting on Lebron

Vince averages 21pts on 40% shooting on Kobe
    Vince averages 23pts on 45% shooting on Lebron

Brandon Roy averages 15pts on 41% shooting on Kobe
    Brandon Roy averages 21pts on 44% shooting on Lebron

Joe Johnson averages 17pts on 41% shooting on Kobe
    Joe Johnson averages 19pts on 45% shooting on Lebron

Artest averages 17pts on 37% shooting on Kobe
    Artest averages 15pts on 40% shooting on Lebron

Durant averages 24pts on 44% shooting on Kobe
    Durant averages 27pts on 46% shooting on Lebron

It goes on and on and on you ? idiot. None of your ? is truth and anyone who watches the games sees through your ? agenda.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kobe is better than Jordan. Jordan had stacked teams and ? wanna act like jordan did it alone cuz he scored so many points. Thing is he didn't have to, he's just a ballhog. He played in the 90's which just might be the weakest era for guards. He got dpoy because he didn't have to guard anybody. Its easy to shut down danny ainge, dan majerle, vinny del ? , hornacek, reggie miller, etc.

Jordan played in the weakest era wit no comp. Look at the 1st ballot HOFers in his era besides him. Scottie Pippen, Dominique Wilkins, and clyde drexler. 3 other ? on the wing are 1st ballot and none of em played his position and 1 of em was on his team. ? didn't guard ANYBODY that was good. The 2nd best SG in the 90's was Mitch Richmond.

I just realized yesterday that kobe is better. After lebron wins 2 playoff series they got scottie ready to crown this ? the greatest all time and he has no rings. How you gone do that in this era when Kobe snatched up 5 rings? Its all ESPN/Nike hype.

Classic post. thread worthy.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    there is some funny ass ? in here I must say... lmao and I'm guessing Allen Houston, Sprewell, Mitch Richmond, Ray Allen, Gary Payton Kobe, Shawn Marion, John Starks, Reggie Miller, Joe Dumars, Clyde Drexler, Dennis Rodman, Jerry Stackhouse, are all bums

and I think there is hard feelings never resolved after this game
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kobe stans going in like usual I see.....CashvilleBryant (old poster) would be disgusted at the way y'all carrying on tradition on his behalf.

ROFL@That ? who said 90s SG and era was weaker than today's era willing to bet he is younger than 25.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kobe stans going in like usual I see.....CashvilleBryant (old poster) would be disgusted at the way y'all carrying on tradition on his behalf.

ROFL@That ? who said 90s SG and era was weaker than today's era willing to bet he is younger than 25.
    Name 1 first ballot HOFer at SG from that era besides Jordan
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I like how when ppl come with arguments that read between the lines and consider all factors nobody wants to argue because they wanna hold on to what they believe to be true....everything aint what it appears to be..? will be sheep to the death
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Name 1 first ballot HOFer at SG from that era besides Jordan

When a guy like Reggie Miller retires as the greatest, most prolific 3pt shooter in league history and not be considerd a first ballot Hall Of Famer then one must question the selection criteria for the HOF. Until today they don't provide the public with explanations or why a person should or should or should not be a first time ballot HOF.

The following SG played in Jordans era so do some homework and tell me

Mitch Richmond
    Reggie Miller
    Clyde Drexler (hybrid similar to T-mac who played the 2 and 3)
    Joe Dumars
    Chris Mullin
    Steve Smith

Cylde Drexler and Joe Dumar are consider top 10 shooting guards of all time. Reggie Miller, Chris Mullin and Mitch Richmond were deadly shooters. John Stocks, Ron Harper, and Jeff Malone. Eddie Jones was also an all-star in the 90s too.

The SGs Kobe faced in the championships he has won:

01 6'3 Eric Snow
    02 6'7 Reggie Miller (at 35 yrs old too)
    03 6'5 Kerry Kittles
    09 6'2 Coutrney lee
    10 Ray Allen again at 35 yrs old

The SGs Jordans faced in championships:

91 6'4 Byron Scott
    92 6'7 Clyde Drexler
    93 6'6 Dan Majerle
    96 6'3 Hersey Hawkins
    97-98 6'4 Jeff Hornacek
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    there is some funny ass ? in here I must say... lmao and I'm guessing Allen Houston, Sprewell, Mitch Richmond, Ray Allen, Gary Payton Kobe, Shawn Marion, John Starks, Reggie Miller, Joe Dumars, Clyde Drexler, Dennis Rodman, Jerry Stackhouse, are all bums

and I think there is hard feelings never resolved after this game
    i remember that game....it was to close out the old chicago stadium
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? always say Rings dont mean ? when their players dont have rings lol...

[Voice of Reason] I've been noticing that some of yall have different grading criteria for Lebron than you do for Kobe. Even with 5 rings & numerous accolades & you still disrespect Kobe. Lebron has 0 rings & a smaller list of achievements & he's better than Jordan. What planet do you occupy? [/Voice of reason]
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    When a guy like Reggie Miller retires as the greatest, most prolific 3pt shooter in league history and not be considerd a first ballot Hall Of Famer then one must question the selection criteria for the HOF. Until today they don't provide the public with explanations or why a person should or should or should not be a first time ballot HOF.

Mitch Richmond
    Reggie Miller
    Joe Dumars
    Chris Mullin
    Steve Smith

Cylde Drexler and Joe Dumar are consider top 10 shooting guards of all time. Reggie Miller, Chris Mullin and Mitch Richmond were deadly shooters. John Stocks, Ron Harper, and Jeff Malone. Eddie Jones was also an all-star in the 90s too.

01 6'3 Eric Snow
    03 6'5 Kerry Kittles
    09 6'2 Coutrney lee

91 6'4 Byron Scott
    92 6'7 Clyde Drexler
    93 6'6 Dan Majerle
    96 6'3 Hersey Hawkins
    97-98 6'4 Jeff Hornacek
    You bringing up who jordan faced in the Finals is irrelevant to the point im making. Best teams get to the finals, not the best players. If that were the case Lebron would be in the finals the last 4 seasons. Now to address you post about the "great" sg's of the 90's

Drexler was a SF, but I'll give u this one. Although when they faced the bulls his team wasnt anywhere as deep as Chicago's. But I guess we also forget that Pippen was there to guard him most of the series.

Reggie Miller: played 18 seasons, 5 allstar appearances, 3X all nba 3rd team. 0 rings. 1 finals appearance. 0 defensive accolades. Great shooter, not a great overall player. Its not difficult to set a 3pt FG record when all u do is shoot 3's and play 18 years.

Chris Mullin: 5 allstar appearances. 0 defensive accolades. 0 rings. Had 4 total seasons as an elite player. Basically he's slightly better than Tmac or Vince Carter. Another ? HOF inductee because he's white. Had an injury proned career and still got in cuz he was the great white hype.

Steve Smith: really ? ? Really? ? he barely hit 20ppg just 3 times in his career. 1 allstar appearance. 0 defensive accolades. He was overrated as ? . Joe Johnson > steve smith. FACT.

Joe Dumars may be ur only real argument for great SG that era. He was never individually dominant tho, and he had a great team surrounding him. He's a great defender but he was never on the level of the competition that Kobe faces this era. He averaged over 20ppg 4 times in his career.

Now look at Kobe's comp every night from this era:

Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Melo, Lebron, Durant, Wade, A.I.. All 1st ballot HOFers.

Now look at the 2nd best batch of SGs from Kobe's era

Joe Johnson, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady. All of these players had better careers than the batch of ? you mentioned.

Kobe has to face better competition on a statistical and physically equivalent aspect. Jordan faced white, slow, undersized guards night in and night out. There's so much competition in the NBA now it has its own minor league system. You cant tell me Jordan's comp is anywhere near this level. Its not even close.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This. Also, if Jordan played in the Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Iverson, Lebron era he would not be the clear cut best player.

This is why you cant compare eras, cuz Kobe and lebron need Jordan to have the game that they have today, even more so Kobe, lebron is sorta more magic...
    I'm done discussing this.

When Lebron has two 3-peats in the next ten years and leads the league in scoring 8 years in a row and wins some defensive awards then call me. not to mention the dream team

^^ can we close this after this was said?
  • Rey Negro
    edited May 2011
    Options

Mitch Richmond
    Reggie Miller
    Joe Dumars
    Chris Mullin
    Steve Smith

01 6'3 Eric Snow
    03 6'5 Kerry Kittles
    09 6'2 Coutrney lee

91 6'4 Byron Scott
    92 6'7 Clyde Drexler
    93 6'6 Dan Majerle
    96 6'3 Hersey Hawkins
    97-98 6'4 Jeff Hornacek

This ? is blatantly biased....why did you put the SG's Jordan faced in the playoffs & regular season but, only put the playoffs for Kobe?

Trady McGrady (hybrid wing player)
    Vince Carter (hybrid wing player)
    Allen Iverson (SG, combo guard)
    Ray Allen (SG)
    Rip Hamilton (SG)
    Paul Pierce (SG)
    Carmello Anthony (hybrid wing player, SF)
    Lebron James (hybrid wing player, SF)
    Dwyane Wade (SG)
    Kevin Durant (SF, hybrid)

All players who Kobe guards, has guarded, had to face night in & night out. He definitely had more competition.
  • Rey Negro
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You bringing up who jordan faced in the Finals is irrelevant to the point im making. Best teams get to the finals, not the best players. If that were the case Lebron would be in the finals the last 4 seasons. Now to address you post about the "great" sg's of the 90's

Drexler was a SF, but I'll give u this one. Although when they faced the bulls his team wasnt anywhere as deep as Chicago's. But I guess we also forget that Pippen was there to guard him most of the series.

Reggie Miller: played 18 seasons, 5 allstar appearances, 3X all nba 3rd team. 0 rings. 1 finals appearance. 0 defensive accolades. Great shooter, not a great overall player. Its not difficult to set a 3pt FG record when all u do is shoot 3's and play 18 years.

Chris Mullin: 5 allstar appearances. 0 defensive accolades. 0 rings. Had 4 total seasons as an elite player. Basically he's slightly better than Tmac or Vince Carter. Another ? HOF inductee because he's white. Had an injury proned career and still got in cuz he was the great white hype.

Steve Smith: really ? ? Really? ? he barely hit 20ppg just 3 times in his career. 1 allstar appearance. 0 defensive accolades. He was overrated as ? . Joe Johnson > steve smith. FACT.

Joe Dumars may be ur only real argument for great SG that era. He was never individually dominant tho, and he had a great team surrounding him. He's a great defender but he was never on the level of the competition that Kobe faces this era. He averaged over 20ppg 4 times in his career.

Now look at Kobe's comp every night from this era:

Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Melo, Lebron, Durant, Wade, A.I.. All 1st ballot HOFers.

Now look at the 2nd best batch of SGs from Kobe's era

Joe Johnson, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady. All of these players had better careers than the batch of ? you mentioned.

Kobe has to face better competition on a statistical and physically equivalent aspect. Jordan faced white, slow, undersized guards night in and night out. There's so much competition in the NBA now it has its own minor league system. You cant tell me Jordan's comp is anywhere near this level. Its not even close.

No disrespect...but what made you change your opinion? I definitely remember you, along with that Bilfigger dude saying Jordan faced tougher competition a few months ago. Why the change?
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ^ LOL Cosign. Google the numbers. Tracy McGrady would be top 50 alltime if he played in Jordan's era.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    No disrespect...but what made you change your opinion? I definitely remember you, along with that Bilfigger dude saying Jordan faced tougher competition a few months ago. Why the change?
    I put all hate aside and thought about it. I dont like Kobe cuz they cheated for him against the Kings. SO i always had this personal vendetta to ? on him. BUt after people started sayin lebron is better than jordan, career wise and have 0 rings, then say kobe isnt cuz he only has 5 rings, i realized all of this ? is driven by Nike. I had to form an unbiased opinion and when u look at the competition its not even close. I gotta give Kobe props. He's the best player of all time.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    its still ? the Lakers as a team tho. Im still a heat fan
  • Rey Negro
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I put all hate aside and thought about it. I dont like Kobe cuz they cheated for him against the Kings. SO i always had this personal vendetta to ? on him. BUt after people started sayin lebron is better than jordan, career wise and have 0 rings, then say kobe isnt cuz he only has 5 rings, i realized all of this ? is driven by Nike. I had to form an unbiased opinion and when u look at the competition its not even close. I gotta give Kobe props. He's the best player of all time.

? is wild lol...

You gotta see things for what they are. Lebron is the perfect son the NBA always wanted. Kobe is the bastard son who keeps tryna prove his worth but, his dad could give two ? about it.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    ? is wild lol...

You gotta see things for what they are. Lebron is the perfect son the NBA always wanted. Kobe is the bastard son who keeps tryna prove his worth but, his dad could give two ? about it.
    Thats a damn good analogy
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ok he recanted i told yall even pippen didnt believe what he himself was sayin:

It's hard to imagine anyone who actually played alongside Chicago Bulls great Michael Jordan to place any other player above them, but that's exactly what former teammate Scottie Pippen did yesterday morning during an interview on the Mike And Mike In The Morning Show.

"Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to ever play the game. I may go so far as saying LeBron James may be the greatest player to ever play the game", was the quote that shook up the sports world and had Twitter nation going crazy as it was taken as a complete insult seeing that the two played together so long.

Horace Grant ,former teammate of both Scottie and Michael, responded by saying: "Pip is my man, and we will always be close but I totally disagree," "LeBron is going to be one of the top players to ever play the game. But Michael Jeffrey Jordan, who we bumped heads with at times, is I think in my era, the best who ever played the game."

Pippen attempted to clarify his statement later on, saying: Don't get me wrong, MJ was and is the greatest. But LeBron could by all means get to his level someday. Every NBA generation has a new set of stars and LeBron is there as the best all around player in the game.

case closed
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lmao at Kobe being the GOAT. Top 10 for sure though
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lmao at Kobe being the GOAT. Top 10 for sure though
    He's got the most rings and most individual accomplishments in the most competitive era. I had to think about it. He's the best ever.
  • Rey Negro
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ok he recanted i told yall even pippen didnt believe what he himself was sayin:

It's hard to imagine anyone who actually played alongside Chicago Bulls great Michael Jordan to place any other player above them, but that's exactly what former teammate Scottie Pippen did yesterday morning during an interview on the Mike And Mike In The Morning Show.

"Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to ever play the game. I may go so far as saying LeBron James may be the greatest player to ever play the game", was the quote that shook up the sports world and had Twitter nation going crazy as it was taken as a complete insult seeing that the two played together so long.

Horace Grant ,former teammate of both Scottie and Michael, responded by saying: "Pip is my man, and we will always be close but I totally disagree," "LeBron is going to be one of the top players to ever play the game. But Michael Jeffrey Jordan, who we bumped heads with at times, is I think in my era, the best who ever played the game."

Pippen attempted to clarify his statement later on, saying: Don't get me wrong, MJ was and is the greatest. But LeBron could by all means get to his level someday. Every NBA generation has a new set of stars and LeBron is there as the best all around player in the game.

case closed

How far back is this generation supposed to go? 5 years, 10 years...or just this year? Because 2005-2007 Kobe Bryant would abuse Lebron James. To take it a step further, Bron will never come close to averaging 35ppg. He didn't in Cleveland & he won't in Miami.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    He's got the most rings and most individual accomplishments in the most competitive era. I had to think about it. He's the best ever.
    Robert horry has the most rings in the best era he's not the greatest. You can't be the GOAT when your a mediocre finals performer and only were the best player in the league for 3 years (06-08).
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Robert horry has the most rings in the best era he's not the greatest. You can't be the GOAT when your a mediocre finals performer and only were the best player in the league for 3 years (06-08).
    Robert Horry was a role player. No MVPs. No allstar appearances. No defensive accolades. No finals MVPs. NO regular season MVPs. Kobe has all of those. And Kobe was the best in the game from 2004-2008.