Shaq 00/01/02
    Duncan 03'
    Wade 06'
    Maybe Duncan 2005
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    There's like 15 better finals performances then Kobe In 09' probably not top 3 from his decade.

I knew you were going to post this stupid ? . 1. They didnt play the defenses Kobe did. 2. The ones that did play a good defensive team were stacked with HOF or multiple all stars. Which means they got to play 1on1 not 1on3 and you see what Lebron did to chicago now that he has a HOFer with him and gets to play 1on1. 3. I was replying to you saying he was never the best player in the finals he was in. Who was the best player in the 2009 finals.
    Lebron OWNED 2009, he was a beast all year leading his team to 60+'wins with mo as his number 2. His series against Orlando was epic also

He "owned" and still choked away big games, I just gave you lebron's numbers vs orlando vs Kobe's. Kobe shot better and was better at getting his team involved AND he closed the games which Lebron did not do. Point is, saying Lebron was hands down the best player in 09 is at least as revisionist as what you say is revision in regards to KG. Plenty of analysts, players and commentators still said Kobe was the best and its supported in their playoff numbers. Lebron is unanimously the best 2010-present
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lebron was AMAZING in the 09' playoffs dude had to put up 40 a game to keep them in the series.

I never said Kobe wasn't the best player in the finals. I said hes an average finals performer, just my opinion.
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    I knew you were going to post this stupid ? . 1. They didnt play the defenses Kobe did. 2. The ones that did play a good defensive team were stacked with HOF or multiple all stars. 3. I was replying to you saying he was never the best player in the finals he was in. Who was the best player in the 2009 finals.

He "owned" and still choked away big games, I just gave you lebron's numbers vs orlando vs Kobe's. Kobe shot better and was better at getting his team involved AND he closed the games which Lebron did not do.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lebron sucked in the 2007 finals. I hold that against him for not being good on the biggest stage
  • afromo
    afromo Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Shaq 00/01/02
    Duncan 03'
    Wade 06'
    Maybe Duncan 2005
    I agree cept while wade was amazin them refs carried that dude
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    afromo wrote: »
    I agree cept while wade was amazin them refs carried that dude

Wade' is a better finals performer then kobe ever was
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options

Wade played the Dallas ? Mavericks Choke edition in the finals. Nothing defensive about them. You think jason terry guarding Kobe in 2006 wouldnt have got 40 dropped on his head a night?

Pistons-Celtics-Choke Edition Mavericks

What team does not belong there. 2 teams on this list have ALL TIME defense and were full of all stars and or HOFers, one team does not. Put the ? in perspective. Theres a reason Kobe looked better in the finals against Orlando than he did against the Pistons/Celtics and it aint cause he was now over 30 years old with 13 or 14 seasons on him. The difference is he wasnt facing an all time defense.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    All that being said Kobe IS one of the goats, just not the greatest IMO
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

I agree.....what Wade did was amazing.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The Mavs were a good defensive team, just not on the level of the those teams. Its not like wade never dominated the pistons or celtics before. How come he never dominated the 00/01/02 nets/pacers/sixes(and that's with the potential goat c getting doubled and tripled teamed inside) then if it's all about the competition faced in the finals?

Wade played the Dallas ? Mavericks Choke edition in the finals. Nothing defensive about them. You think jason terry going guarding Kobe in 2006 wouldnt have got 40 dropped on his head a night?

Pistons-Celtics-Choke Edition Mavericks

What team does not belong there. 2 teams on this list have ALL TIME defense and were full of all stars and or HOFers, one team does not. Put the ? in perspective. Theres a reason Kobe looked better in the finals against Orlando than he did against the Pistons/Celtics. The defense is he wasnt facing an all time defense.
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The Mavs were a good defensive team, just not on the level of the those teams. Its not like wade never dominated the pistons or celtics before. How come he never dominated the 00/01/02 nets/pacers/sixes(and that's with the potential goat c getting doubled and tripled teamed inside) then if it's all about the competition faced in the finals?

Desperation. You show your agenda when you mention all these years when Kobe was starting only like 60 games and ? and was averaging 15shots a game. When he became the go to player along with Shaq he dropped almost 40 a night on the Spurs in the WCfinals. are you a spacejammer? I dont understand the bias spin unless you are a spacejammer.

You act like the Lakers didnt have Ron harper (allstar) and Glen Rice (another allstar) who a young barely off the bench Kobe shared minutes with. ? got less minutes than Ac green during some of the finals in that IND series. ? didnt even play every game. and you mention it like its some knock on his final performances.

He was the 2nd best player on the court in the NJ series. Kobe was still barely a starter in the Sixers series and even then he was going head up with a legend in Iverson and outplayed iverson and shaq in some games. After that year he was the full fledged 2guard starter for the lakers and got 20 touches a night and because of it he was dropping around 40 all the time same as Shaq. What did he not do.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Desperation? WTF is a spacejammer? Kobe was an all star and all NBA player by 2000/ by 2001 he was all world Kobe.
    He's just not a great finals performer, it's not that hard to understand.
    Desperation. You show your agenda when you mention all these years when Kobe was starting only like 60 games and ? and was averaging 15shots a game. When he became the go to player along with Shaq he dropped almost 40 a night on the Spurs in the WCfinals. are you a spacejammer? I dont understand the bias spin unless you are a spacejammer.

You act like the Lakers didnt have Ron harper (allstar) and Glen Rice (another allstar) who a young barely off the bench Kobe shared minutes with. ? got less minutes than Ac green during some of the finals in that IND series. ? didnt even play every game. and you mention it like its some knock on his final performances.

Kobe was still barely a starter in the Sixers series and even then he was going head up with a legend in Iverson and outplayed iverson and shaq in some games. After that year he was the full fledged 2guard starter for the lakers and got 20 touches a night and because of it he was dropping around 40 all the time same as Shaq. What did he not do.
  • afromo
    afromo Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    brodie its evident Reppintime is a kobe stan
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options

Kobe-16 PPG, 5 RPG, 4 APG, 1.4 BPG, 36% FG%, 33/90----5 games

2001 NBA Finals

Kobe- 24 PPG, 8 RPG, 6 APG, 1.4 BPG, 44/106 41% FG
    5 games

Kobe=22 PPG, 3 RPG, 4 APG, .6 BPG, 43/113 38% FG
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kobe-16 PPG, 5 RPG, 4 APG, 1.4 BPG, 36% FG%, 33/90----5 games

2001 NBA Finals
    Kobe- 24 PPG, 8 RPG, 6 APG, 1.4 BPG, 44/106 41% FG
    5 games

Kobe=22 PPG, 3 RPG, 4 APG, .6 BPG, 43/113 38% FG

lol To drop those numbers you had to see them in detail and you still acting like this ? was Kobe and not some kid with hype. You posting this like he didnt play with prime shaq, that means you aint touchin the paint, jumpers all game and you just going to have to get yours cause you aint getting the plays ran for you. But a 21 year old in that system is knocked for not having an all time great finals performance.

In 2000 Kobe was 21 years old. He started 60 odd games. In one game of the finals he played only 9minutes and shot 3 times. and you are acting like this ? was considered a superstar who didnt live up to expectations. Who else gets criticized a decade later for not having a transcendent performance when they were 21. Lebron was 22 when he was in the finals dropping 14pts on 20%FG as the lead dog and no one mentions that ? as a criticism and it wasnt even 5 years ago.

You posting numbers from 2004 means nothing because nobody you consider a great finals performer has faced a team in the finals that was as great defensively as kobe did that year. They regularly held teams to 60pts and set ridiculous defensive records in the league. The league changed the rules on them after that year to neuter them and bring the spotlight back to the stars.

2009 was his first finals as the lead option and not against one of the greatest defenses of all time and it showed in the fact that even though he might not have been in his prime anymore he still had games that compare with anyone.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? is in here really trying to argue kobe>>Jordan ??????????????????? lolzzzzz
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    2008-2009 stats

Lebron: 27pts on 49%FG, 7asts, 9freethrows/7made
    Kobe: 27pts on 47%FG, 5asts, 6freethrows/5made

Lebron got to the conference finals and his stats compared to kobe are

Lebron James....48.7% FG, 3pt 29%, 74.5% FT
    Kobe Bryant.........48.1% FG, 3pt 34%, 93.1% FT

Lebron James....48 ast, 25 turnovers, 1.9 Assist/Turnover ratio
    Kobe Bryant........ 35 ast, 13 turnovers, 2.7 Assist/Turnover ratio

Lebron used 73 possessions to create 48 assists... a success rate of 66%
    Kobe used 48 possessions to create 35 assists... a success rate of 73%

As usual Kobe was vastly underrated in his court game which was better than Lebron's who is more recognized for his. add in Lebron choking away games and Kobe killing in the clutch as usual that year and its at the very minimum easy to believe Kobe was the best player that year.
    u only see stas like that when ? REALLY want to make a point

bron avg 35 ppg 9 reb 7 ast on 50% shooting in those playoffs cmon now
  • p swayze 166
    p swayze 166 Members Posts: 120
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Show me footage of kobe shuttin down anybody let alone the leagues mvp in the ECF in multiple games like lebron did

Kobe sticks rajon rondo in the finals and lebron will be stickin Dirk

Nuff said

I never saw rose become so flustered 1 on 1 vs ANYBODY and rose is my favorite player and Im a bulls fan and I can admit that

I saw paul pierce destroy kobe 1 on 1 in the 08 finals,I saw gilbert drop 60 on this ? in the 4th and ot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBu28UwDzps&feature=player_embedded#at=67

refer to that youngin'.......show me jordan ever do that to an elite quicker guard....btw i see paul pierce on that video...in 08...btw.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    2000 Kobe was just some kid with hype? Lol he was already a top 12-15 player and an all star

Kobe is a great player, but the finals just aren't his thing, he isn't a legendary performer on the biggest stage.

I criticize lebron for not performing well in the 07' finals. But that was his first one.

It is what it is, 7 finals, no legendary performances
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBu28UwDzps&feature=player_embedded#at=67

refer to that youngin'.......show me jordan ever do that to an elite quicker guard....btw i see paul pierce on that video...in 08...btw.

Jordan played up on I. Thomas and G. Payton
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    was Tommy really here back to his old kobe hating ways

He wasnt bragging about the 6'9 Lebron on 6'3 Rose with help defense and calling it shutting down Rose, was he?

Quiet as kept, Luol Deng got off on LeBron the whole series yet LeBron's is somehow this great defender. Media have you believing whatever they want you to.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Word droppin 21,20,18,13,14 is "getting off" and shooting 42% for the series

No I was talkin about how lebron held rose to 1-10 in the 4th quarters and like 10% shootin when he stuck him Individually

Continue to let lebrons success burn and try to discredit the ? and you will continue to get shut down wit facts

they were sending double teams at him and if Rose got past it was help behind it.....You're smarter than that, i just know you are.
    I know you understand LeBron couldnt stick with Rose w/o help
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    they were sending double teams at him and if Rose got past it was help behind it.....You're smarter than that, i just know you are.
    I know you understand LeBron couldnt stick with Rose w/o help

And to ignore Deng shooting poorly in the last few games has a lot to do with guarding who he feels is the best player in the game pretty much all series...like that wouldnt take away from a ? offensive production.....propaganda to the fullest
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Kobe has to face better competition on a statistical and physically equivalent aspect. Jordan faced white, slow, undersized guards night in and night out. There's so much competition in the NBA now it has its own minor league system. You cant tell me Jordan's comp is anywhere near this level. Its not even close.

Joe Dumars was a better defender than any current opposing SG that Kobe has went up against the past decade.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Joe Dumars was a better defender than any current opposing SG that Kobe has went up against the past decade.
    wade > dumars.

FOH ? . Dumars' team around him was great defensively. Dont try to act like he's just amazingly dominant defensively by himself