- McNabb's new team?

- Or other? (explain)

*Yeah, I see the two choices for McNabb. It's a mindfuck. lol

Comments

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mcnabb's and Ochocinco I don't think r gonna make much of a difference. I'd say Newton to Carolina. Cuz it could have the biggest positive or negative impact on the team.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    New England getting Larry Fitzgerald And winning another superbowl.....
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mcnabb's and Ochocinco I don't think r gonna make much of a difference. I'd say Newton to Carolina. Cuz it could have the biggest positive or negative impact on the team.

I think it's Julio, but my second pick would be McNabb. But it may be two years down the road -- or the impact won't be felt till mid-late 2011 season. McNabb will end up in either Miami, Arizona, or Minnesota... All of which have enough weapons for him to make some noise, and you know he got some haters to ? on. I can't see him bowing out of the NFL on this note. If he does -- maybe Hopkins was right about him. lol
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    New England getting Larry Fitzgerald And winning another superbowl.....

In 2011??

TILAUGH.gif

Arizona hand-cuffin' that dude for at least the next 2-3 years. He IS the Cardinals right now. No attitude issues or "cancerous" issues like Moss. This ain't baseball, ? .
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think it's clearly Nnamdi's new squad....
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    In 2011??

TILAUGH.gif

Arizona hand-cuffin' that dude for at least the next 2-3 years. He IS the Cardinals right now. No attitude issues or "cancerous" issues like Moss. This ain't baseball, ? .

Well they gotta get a QB. And NE has the ammo and draft picks to get him. Two first rounders, maybe Ty Warren, logan Mankins.....Dont sleep. And the cards would have to give up a first rounder or 2 seconds to get KOLB....The next best choice...McNabb. I am just praying, but Larry might not be ok with a short term starter. Unless they are high on John Skelton....lol
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    I think it's clearly Nnamdi's new squad....

Not unless he goes to a team that is already championship caliber. Let's be real here -- he's been in Oakland for the last 8 years. How'd that work out?

And by "championship caiber" I mean a team that can win 12-15 games without him. Nnamdi would make any team about 2-3 wins better.
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well they gotta get a QB. And NE has the ammo and draft picks to get him. Two first rounders, maybe Ty Warren, logan Mankins.....Dont sleep. And the cards would have to give up a first rounder or 2 seconds to get KOLB....The next best choice...McNabb. I am just praying, but Larry might not be ok with a short term starter. Unless they are high on John Skelton....lol

They're not trading Larry, bruh. He would have to do a Carson Palmer x3 for them to even consider it. And the team that would get him would make the Julio Jones trade look like a bubble gum swap (Talkin' draft picks AND pro-bowl caliber players.)

Don't confuse Fitz with Randy "Play when I want" Moss. The Raiders knew they had a one-dimensional, overpaid, problem-child in Moss that didn't make their team any better --- that's why they let him go. Fitz is much more humble and willing to work with Arizona. Besides, it ain't like he's *never* won in Arizona. He's been to the Super Bowl more recently than the Patriots have.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Not unless he goes to a team that is already championship caliber. Let's be real here -- he's been in Oakland for the last 8 years. How'd that work out?

And by "championship caiber" I mean a team that can win 12-15 games without him. Nnamdi would make any team about 2-3 wins better.

I'd agree with that statement. I just think he's going to go to a contender, seems like he's done wasting his prime years with a squad that has no shot of winning a title.
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    They're not trading Larry, bruh. He would have to do a Carson Palmer x3 for them to even consider it. And the team that would get him would make the Julio Jones trade look like a bubble gum swap (Talkin' draft picks AND pro-bowl caliber players.)

Don't confuse Fitz with Randy "Play when I want" Moss. The Raiders knew they had a one-dimensional, overpaid, problem-child in Moss that didn't make their team any better --- that's why they let him go. Fitz is much more humble and willing to work with Arizona. Besides, it ain't like he's *never* won in Arizona. He's been to the Super Bowl more recently than the Patriots have.

Well he lost it. And as of right now St.Louis is the only team in that division with a Franchise caliber QB
    It is a longshot...But kurt Warner aint walking through that door.....
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    I'd agree with that statement. I just think he's going to go to a contender, seems like he's done wasting his prime years with a squad that has no shot of winning a title.

Wurd.

But like I said in the Offseason thread -- he won't have the *same* impact that Deion had when he went to San Fran and Dallas. They're different players. Nnamdi doesn't play ST, and he turns the game into a game of 10 against 10 whereas Deion made the game into 11 against 10. 'Cause Nnamdi's not the ball-hawk that Deion was.

Nnamdi will just make the other team's best receiver disappear and give the defensive coordinator more confidence to blitz more often.
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wurd.

But like I said in the Offseason thread -- he won't have the *same* impact that Deion had when he went to San Fran and Dallas. They're different players. Nnamdi doesn't play ST, and he turns the game into a game of 10 against 10 whereas Deion made the game into 11 against 10. 'Cause Nnamdi's not the ball-hawk that Deion was.

Nnamdi will just make the other team's best receiver disappear and give the defensive coordinator more confidence to blitz more often.

ATL wouldnt be a bad fit for him. They dont gotta pay those draft picks they gave away so they should be able to cap wise...
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Asomugha signing with the Eagles
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well he lost it. And as of right now St.Louis is the only team in that division with a Franchise caliber QB
    It is a longshot...But kurt Warner aint walking through that door.....

How'd that last New England Super Bowl work out? Just sayin. NFL players just ain't on that NBA/MLB ? where every decent player wants to stack up on one "contender" to win a chip. I don't think he would a refuse a trade, but he wouldn't call for one either -- unless the Cardinals just started ? up badly.

The only "suggestion" he made in his career was this year when he made it clear that he wanted Arizona to get a veteran QB instead of drafting one. And look who DIDN'T draft a QB this year.

Exactly.
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ATL wouldnt be a bad fit for him. They dont gotta pay those draft picks they gave away so they should be able to cap wise...

ATL and Philly have arguably the best cap situations out of ALL of the 2010 playoff teams aside from maybe Seattle... And props on being smart enough to realize the cap advantages of not having high draft picks and already being a winning team.

HOWEVER....

...I'm not seeing them going hard after Nnamdi (nh). If he was willing to sign on the cheap like Deion did with San Fran (he signed a vet-minimum with millions worth of incentives) then yeah, but he's gonna go for 8-figures a year no matter where he goes. And Dimitroff is from the New England school of thought -- and he ain't comin' off that kind of change for a 30 year old.

Then again, I thought there was no way we would go after Julio.

Who knows?
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How'd that last New England Super Bowl work out? Just sayin. NFL players just ain't on that NBA/MLB ? where every decent player wants to stack up on one "contender" to win a chip. I don't think he would a refuse a trade, but he wouldn't call for one either -- unless the Cardinals just started ? up badly.

The only "suggestion" he made in his career was this year when he made it clear that he wanted Arizona to get a veteran QB instead of drafting one. And look who DIDN'T draft a QB this year.

Exactly.

Ill take 3 out of 4. better than none.
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ill take 3 out of 4. better than none.

Mos def. Just statin' fact tho. Larry already knows Arizona "can" get to the promised land with the right moves -- that's all I'm sayin. And he doesn't have that Ochocinco/T.O. personality where he wants be a celebrity or whatever. Not to mention that almost all of those WINNING super bowl players are no longer in New England.
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think when they got Julio, he went anti-belichick, willing to gamble instead of stockpiling picks and actually use them to acquire top 10 talent....
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think when they got Julio, he went anti-belichick, willing to gamble instead of stockpiling picks and actually use them to acquire top 10 talent....

I think he saw the impact that Moss had on New England's offense (which, let's face it, was pretty bland, vanilla and "check-down city" before Moss got there) and knew Julio could have a similar effect. Especially considering Julio IS NOT coming to ATL to get 100 recs and 1300+ yards a year....

....Already got one of those.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

New England stock piles picks and never uses them. Every year for the past 3-4 years they have had two first round picks. They trade back and out of the first round every year for more picks.
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    New England stock piles picks and never uses them. Every year for the past 3-4 years they have had two first round picks. They trade back and out of the first round every year for more picks.

That's because they know what most other GM's and fans don't know -- Draft picks have no value until/unless the picked players turn out to be key players -- something that can't even really be determined until 2-3 years down the line unless they are instant impact players (and there are only 3 or 4 players like that in each draft.)

Draft picks are like I.O.U.'s from a broke ? . Yeah, he might win the lottery or start a business, or even get a good job and pay you back with interest, but even if he does -- it won't happen anytime soon and as of right now -- the ? 's broke. lol.

Take the Browns for example. A lot of their fans really think they got over on the Falcons, but yet they fail to smell their own stench. Aside from maybe the Lions -- very few teams have had more high draft picks in the last 12 years than the Browns (thanx to TWO winning seasons in the last 12 seasons) And how much good has that done them??

I gotta give it to the Pats organization for doing something that all successful corporations do --- Capitalize on the stupidity of others. Most of the players in the league were drafted, and damn near all of the good players were -- but to think 4 or 5 draft picks automatically = value is like spending a G on lottery tickets and thinking you definitely got the better end of the deal because of what you *might* win.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    McNabb is done.

But don't let me stop ya'll from fantasizing about "McNabb gonna carry the Vikings to a chip" and all that dumb ? .
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    McNabb is done.

But don't let me stop ya'll from fantasizing about "McNabb gonna carry the Vikings to a chip" and all that dumb ? .

Yeah, 'cuz it's like 12 threads on here about McNabb taking the Vikings to the SB. You should check'em out.

OfficeSpace.gif
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Julio Jones to my Falcons.

With a pro bowl receiver on the other side of the field, all the attention is not going to be on him for the first time in a long time in his career. He's going to be covered by the 2nd best corner on the field every game. He's anotha offensive threat that will force less ppl in the box to stop Turner as well.

The biggest impact might not even be him or Roddy. Here's some x-factors that could make the Falcons offense basically unstoppable...

1. Harry Douglas gets back to his pre-injury form or at least close to it.

2. Gonzalez will be single-covered strictly by linebackers for the first time since maybe his rookie year.

3. Jacquizz Rodgers having a Darren Sproles-like impact on 3rd downs and receiving out of the back-field to compliment Turner and Snellz banging between the tackles.

^^^^ If just one of those 3 opens up (which they should) Falcons will have a top 5 offense in the league -- easy. Already 5 pro-bowlers on the O as it is. If not, Mularkey needs to go.

But speaking of him -- Julio will have no problem picking up the offensive scheme, 'cause our sets are almost identical to Alabama's pro-sets given that Mularkey came up under Nick Sabin and our current 3rd string QB (John Parker Wilson - Former Bama QB) is working with Julio right now on the plays which are similar to what they did together at Alabama in Julio's freshman year.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm still sayin Cam. Cuz if Jones doesn't work out for ATL, whatever just a bad draft pick. But when you bring in who you think is a franchise QB, and he's the 1st overall pick. If he fails your team is ? for a while. But then if he's as good as the Panthers think he is he's gonna make the team much better.

I'm not sayin which rookie will be on the team with the better record. Just which one I think can have the biggest impact (positive or negative) on the team.