The Tree Of Life

Options
Mastery
Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    When's it being released in the US?
  • Mastery
    edited May 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    When's it being released in the US?
    I read that it got released May 27th, 2011 (yesterday).

• Mastery
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    heard it was good
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Seems interesting? I think thats the word I want to use to describe it.. checked the plot on wikipedia..
    We trace the evolution of an eleven-year-old boy in the Midwest, Jack, one of three brothers. At first all seems marvelous to the child. He sees as his mother does with the eyes of his soul. She represents the way of love and mercy, where the father tries to teach his son the world’s way of putting oneself first. Each parent contends for his allegiance, and Jack must reconcile their claims. The picture darkens as he has his first glimpses of sickness, suffering and death. The world, once a thing of glory, becomes a labyrinth.

Framing this story is that of adult Jack, a lost soul in a modern world, seeking to discover amid the changing scenes of time that which does not change: the eternal scheme of which we are a part. When he sees all that has gone into our world’s preparation, each thing appears a miracle—precious, incomparable. Jack, with his new understanding, is able to forgive his father and take his first steps on the path of life.
  • Mastery
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • YC11
    YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Saw it today.

Long as hell but all his movies are.

I don't like his style of direction... but cinematography is crazy. Beautiful scenes, beautiful landscapes, beautiful music, great looking movie with bunch of great looking shots sewen together.

Pretentious but it works regardless.
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2011
    Options
    YC11 wrote: »
    Saw it today.

but cinematography is crazy. Beautiful scenes, beautiful landscapes, beautiful music, great looking movie with bunch of great looking shots sewen together..

I agree with this post

This movie is gonna sweep the Oscars next year in the technical department

The cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki is a freaking genius

Terence Malick is a MONSTER
  • jamesbowl50
    jamesbowl50 Members Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The Tree of Life is a 2011 american drama film. It is a life by way of a middle-aged man's childhood memories of his family living in 1950s Texas, while also featuring themes and imagine of space and the birth of life on earth.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Emotional and visual fest. Seems like Mallick couldn't choose between religious/existential and growing up/evolution themes. You can call it self-indulgent mess, but pretty impressive if you ask me and I'm definitely gonna cop DVD.
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm definitely gonna cop DVD.

Pre-ordered already