Lets Talk About Your RESUME (Employed or Not)

Options
13»

Comments

• Pura~Diabla
    Pura~Diabla Members Posts: 1,157
    edited May 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    man, everybody already gave you constructive advice...
    so let me just say that that resume was ? horrible...
    and how you a veteran with no education benefits?

I was wondering the same thing. I just assumed that he got kicked out before the benefits kicked in.
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Its a long story, don't wanna talk about it. But I'd advise any young person to join the military.

I'm working on a resume now ith ABSOLUTELY NO PICTURES. Except the iRA! symbol for my name. It took me 20 minutes to make so I think I'll keep it.

And when the ? are yall gonna post yall resumes? ? .
  • Pura~Diabla
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Its a long story, don't wanna talk about it. But I'd advise any young person to join the military.

I'm working on a resume now ith ABSOLUTELY NO PICTURES. Except the iRA! symbol for my name. It took me 20 minutes to make so I think I'll keep it.

And when the ? are yall gonna post yall resumes? ? .

Lol, you need to get rid of that symbol too.

And nope, won't be posting my resume. There's only certain things I"m willing to share online.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *Tendered Money*
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LMAoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

? HAD PICTURES!!!

? got me weak as ? even though it probably isn't real.
  • Pura~Diabla
    edited May 2011
    Options
    military is not for everybody mane. FACT!!!!!!

i got dishonorably discharged and almost went to jail cuz they had me stationed in a town w/ no black ppl and whole bunch of racist crackaz. ? aint fa everybody. It took YEARS for me to get that ? busted down to a general discharge so i could find a ? job. Military cool for sum ppl but not all. Don't walk around tellin all young ppl that ? cuz it aint for everybody. Just advise all these young ppl to go to school.(get a trade/degree/sum type of certification) but Military? ? naw, sum ppl not cut out to deal w/ them crackaz and they ? .

I agree with you. I've noticed it go either way:

Some can't survive on the outside without the military
    And some just can't get down with the military

You're fortunate to have been able to get your discharge changed. Contrary to what a lot of people think, that process can be long and hard to do...I only know a handful that was able to get theirs changed.
  • geechee slim
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I got discharged cuz I busted up my knee so bad, I couldn't bend my leg. No marching, no running, 8-count body building, no walking up stairs.

I was told I could reinlist in 6 months, so Imma do that. Military ain't for everyone, but I was 6 weeks deep (you need 8 to graduate) so I think I could do it again.

Here's another Resume. THe last thing I'll add is OBJECTIVES, unless yall have anything else to add.

zjeyad.jpg
  • geechee slim
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i got dishonorably discharged and almost went to jail cuz they had me stationed in a town w/ no black ppl and whole bunch of racist crackaz...
    as far as the resumes? you not goin catch 2 many ppl put their personal business online like that. It's not cuz they're ashamed, they just don't want to.

But hol' on, you just told me how you got dishonorably discharged...? Thaz real personal.
    I go on facebook and see people post thier phone numbers, their bathing suit, and drinking games (with video). But people can't show their resume?
  • Pura~Diabla
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It seems like you're more concerned with the format/pictures than the actual content. You need to beef your resume up with more details.
  • geechee slim
    edited May 2011
    Options
    stlien314 wrote: »
    ok bruh u should check out monster.com they have section on their that will help u with ur resume.
    Here's the thing about Monster. THey dont want you hired, they just wanna use you for statistics and advertisement. People will sell your phone # and email just to solicit you to either go back to school (Pheonix) or sell ? door-to-door. THEN, you gotta PAY to sell the product. ? that, put me in a uniform and a desk for 7 hours a day.

Instead of finding a job strictly online, I'd rather look for a job on feet with a printed resume.
  • Pura~Diabla
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Here's the thing about Monster. THey dont want you hired, they just wanna use you for statistics and advertisement. People will sell your phone # and email just to solicit you to either go back to school (Pheonix) or sell ? door-to-door. THEN, you gotta PAY to sell the product. ? that, put me in a uniform and a desk for 7 hours a day.

Instead of finding a job strictly online, I'd rather look for a job on feet with a printed resume.

Good luck with that. Fast food might be different but most companies now require you to use their website to apply and submit resumes. I know someone in HR right now that's told me she had people try to walk in with printed resumes and she just shreds them after they leave. Recruiters search for resumes online using keywords. Gone are the days of walking about job searching.
  • geechee slim
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ....Resumes got personal information that include where you work at, your profession, and where you can be located. All that ? have can be ? edited but it's ppl that can piece that ? together and do identity theft or start stalkin yo ass.

Good point. First time I filled out some apps on CRAIGSLIST, I got a strange phone call the next day. This foreign lady says "
    Mr LaRoche, you need to claim your prize."
    What prize? "
    You've won 2.5 million dollars and a mercedes benz."
    ? ! So how do I claim it?
    "Can you send $300 by western union?"

So yeah, that identity theft-scam ? is real.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

You need to have resumes that can be worded diferently to fit what they are looking for. And a lot of employers are using outside HR companies to make their hires for them. they used software that does word matches. To get your resume looked at the best thing is to use words and phrases that were in the job description.
  • geechee slim
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You guys have been great tho. You've probably saved me the humiliation.
    Unemployment office will help you with your resume for free...

Oh that's great! Long lines, early in the morning leading into the parking lot. Crying baby's, frustrated minorities, I can't wait!

But I am going back to see if I can claim unemployment benefits.
  • caddo man
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Good luck with that. Fast food might be different but most companies now require you to use their website to apply and submit resumes. I know someone in HR right now that's told me she had people try to walk in with printed resumes and she just shreds them after they leave. Recruiters search for resumes online using keywords. Gone are the days of walking about job searching.

In before me!

Indeed.com is the best site to look for a job!!!!!!!!!!
  • caddo man
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Oh that's great! Long lines, early in the morning leading into the parking lot. Crying baby's, frustrated minorities, slow computers, and little-to-no chance of finding an actual job.

Beggers cant be choosy dude. You do what you have to do to get a job!
  • Pura~Diabla
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You guys have been great tho. You've probably saved me the humiliation.

Oh that's great! Long lines, early in the morning leading into the parking lot. Crying baby's, frustrated minorities, I can't wait!

Huh? It's just regular people there.
  • geechee slim
    edited May 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Indeed.com is the best site to look for a job!!!!!!!!!!

The nicca at the unemployment office told me. He even printed a bunch of jobs right off the website. I was like, why'd I even come here?
  • geechee slim
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Huh? It's just regular people there.

Yeah, but the minorities are the frustrated ones. White people be happy for that workman's comp.