Mega Churches...Fraud or For real

Seansosa
Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
im talking the creflo dollars and td jakes etc..have you ever attended a mega church? whats your thoughts on these kinds of churches

Comments

• jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    TD Jakes is iffy but creflo is obvious charlatan. Look at his name
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Well, it's still a church, so I'd say it's a fraud.
  • Seansosa
    edited May 2011
    TD Jakes is iffy but creflo is obvious charlatan. Look at his name

lol true i always found it crazy theses dude driving bentleys and go private jets and ? i know the pastor is suppose to be well off but damn what does he need with a private jet let em fly coach just like everybody else
  • Uncle Kingpin
    Uncle Kingpin Members Posts: 241
    edited May 2011
    Ask this question in relation to mega churches - What would Jesus do? Build a mega church? Tell his followers that ? blesses the tithers with a return on investment in man made goods? There's only one time in the new testament Jesus got mad, and thats when he found money changers in the temple conducting business. He went in there and flipped out and flipped the tables over on em! Jesus wore one robe, and had one pair of sandals. The mega church pastors dont fool me, they are pimps, plain and simple. Who rides around in flashy cars, flashy suits, diamond pinky rings, has no discernable source of income, and doesn't pay taxes? PIMPS. My biggest problem with the mega churches is they treat ? like an investment plan. Tithe and get rich! Not rich yet? Tithe more! If ? wants you to be rich, then why does the bible say it's easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the gates of heaven?

I used to live in a pretty upscale neighborhood, one of those where it's like 14 1 acre parcels with 14 big mcmansions on each. One of my neighbors was a mega-church pastor. He drove a jaguar to his church, but had a convertible bentley he drove only on saturdays, never to church. The man had an indoor pool! ? 's blessings aren't man made.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    fiat_money wrote: »

preachhhhh.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    ? 's a fraud

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Lol @ holyfield given up his cash to creflo.. you see these mother ? houses..
    http://www.pimppreacher.com/evander-holyfielld-creflo-dollar301.html

creflo1.jpg

This is some thugnificent ?
  • shawnbrown
    shawnbrown Members Posts: 2,256
    edited May 2011
    Yall ? is haters. Everybody gotta get they own lil hustle. Yall just to scared to do what they doin even tho yall want the bentleys the jets and the big houses wit indoor pools yaselves
  • enochone
    enochone Members Posts: 7
    edited May 2011
    There's only one time in the new testament Jesus got mad, and thats when he found money changers in the temple conducting business.

Jesus was constantly getting mad at the Pharisees, calling them sons of the devil, fools, that they were going to burn in hell. Jesus got them so mad that they set Jesus up to be killed.
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    fiat_money wrote: »

TRUTH!
    Lol @ holyfield given up his cash to creflo.. you see these mother ? houses..
    http://www.pimppreacher.com/evander-holyfielld-creflo-dollar301.html

creflo1.jpg

This is some thugnificent ?

LMAO! hell yeah it is!

shawnbrown wrote: »
    Yall ? is haters. Everybody gotta get they own lil hustle. Yall just to scared to do what they doin even tho yall want the bentleys the jets and the big houses wit indoor pools yaselves

So your admitting it IS a hustle though right?
  • Africa United
    Africa United Members Posts: 148 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    But miracles never leave the churches/instead it hits the pocket of the preacher just to purchase/a house with a swimming pool/ label me a sinning fool-Nas Deja vu
  • Authentic100
    Authentic100 Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    i always smh when i see strugglin folks give money to the churches tryna buy they way into "heaven"

Crazy how mothefuckas scam people
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Born Agains, Christians, Evangelicals, people who "accept" Jesus Christ type people are the biggest hypocrites in the world and that's before you even look into looking at who's preaching "the word". How do you preach religion in saying yours is the only way and the rest are going to hell is just some of the wackest ? I've ever heard. And besides I'm not an idiot you don't have make it Hip Hopish for me to be able to follow it.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    They're pure examples of holiness. They deserve massive money because they're doing the hard work of ? himself. They're not frauds, no way! I say this because I'm.......

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg
  • Seansosa
    edited May 2011
    This thread, is white-racism at it's best.

Notice you never found these types of threads? As long there were no ministers making mega-church/money outside of Pat Robertson & Graham & Jimmy Swaggart types?

Notice how, as soon as Black preachers start getting in on that gwop...now its a problem??? Now it's a fraud??

...LOL...

Fortunately, ? is watching, and he is keeping scOre.

my ? im talking all mega churches black or white ? outta here with that blk white ?
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    TurtleCrossingRoad.jpg

Fusion-Energy.jpg

jpeg
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Seansosa wrote: »
    im talking the creflo dollars and td jakes etc..have you ever attended a mega church? whats your thoughts on these kinds of churches
    well, when Grassley started his mega-church investigation, he included Creflo, but not Jakes. (the other five were Paula White, Joyce Meyer, Eddie Long, Kenneth Copeland and Benny Hinn, incidentally.)

personally, i don't much care for anyone on that list.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I've been to Creflo Dollar's church. It's like a show mane. Big screen tv's everywhere. Too many people in one place, no way u can get "the word" with all those cameras and flashing lights going off.

I've never been to Eddie Long's church but he did come to my high school and talk to us. These pastors have a way with words nh. It's ironic this scandal came out cause the assembly he had at my school was for males only nh. He wanted to help us get summer jobs.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Fraudulent

Too much money for it not to be.

People buying their way into heaven and living for the afterlife while the Pastor... correction ? is having heaven on Earth?

Fraudulent as hell. What these guys figured out is that people go to church for the show, not to connect with ? . So they put on the biggest flashiest show possible and get paid just like any other entertainer.
  • mrmajestic913
    mrmajestic913 Members Posts: 24
    edited June 2011
    It's crazy when people let 1% of all churches/Pastors mess up your view of what the other 99% aredoing. If you don't like mega churches, find a small church in your area where the Pastor is teaching correctly and leading the church to do the right things in the community.

The average church size is 50-75 people.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    shawnbrown wrote: »
    .......even tho yall want the bentleys the jets and the big houses wit indoor pools yaselves

It would be nice yes, but I could give a ? less, AND churches have become fraudulent centuries ago
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    All churches are frauds........and HOTDAMN at Creflo Dollar's crib. I need to start my own church someday and ? church ? Reverend Wright style
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    All churches are frauds...
    or, in other words, rather than differentiate between churches that spend responsibly and churches that exist solely to let their kingpins live a lavish lifestyle, you'd rather call them all the same and validate the latter? huh
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    janklow wrote: »
    or, in other words, rather than differentiate between churches that spend responsibly and churches that exist solely to let their kingpins live a lavish lifestyle, you'd rather call them all the same and validate the latter? huh

Do you really believe the church preaches the truth?