• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    lol ya ? haters real talk.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Common

I want to mention some other people too but common deserves a special spot at the top of this list
    Cannabis
    Kweli

C/s black thought
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I don't know where y'all come up with some of your answers. How are you going to say someone doesn't have star power if they've gone platinum or had #1 singles off the strength of their OWN music and not through affiliation or a feature? Imo, Nas and a few others mentioned don't qualify.

Lloyd Banks owns this thread. Dude wouldn't have sold/charted wwithout 50, his whole persona reeks of boring/run of the mill.
  • bufu
    bufu Members Posts: 71
    edited May 2011
    i agree with slaughterhouse. lyricism don't make you popular. jada in that same boat. cory gunz too, cuz of his show makin him look mad weak

i largely disagree with posts about LL and big sean. remember, LL's female fanbase blew up cuz of that "i need love" song, and for male fans his ? hit hard, like "rock the bells", "mama said knock you out" and "i'm bad". that line "i'll take a musclebound man and put his face in the sand" is classic. so LL back then could appeal to both sides, and i guess that's why he gets legendary status, but nowadays who cares?

and about big sean, dude said he like fabolous of nowadays. so? fab was a punchline rapper like big sean, just mad inconsistent and i could never really ? iwth his albums. but y'all have to be down with "can't deny it", "breathe", and he made mad songs for the biddies. big sean should follow fab's career path, and he does have the charisma to appeal to the mainstream.

nas don't have no charisma. making albums like "hip hop is dead" and "untitled" actin like everybody (not just hip hop deads) gon be down with it just cuz its nas. FOH. "ain't got no game, its just some ? understand my story"......speaking of which, that's kind of the way j.cole is going with his music, and maybe some ppl just don't understand his story.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Jay-z doesnt have star power

He is an awkward insecure man who looks uncomfortable all the time

im amazed he even made it in the spotlight.

I fully agree with this post. Jay is always looking and sounding nervous and ? on camera....
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Lol at Big Sean not having charisma that's one the main reasons why he's blowing up.