*GOAT BABIES! Which son-of-a-GOAT will have the best career themselves???

Options
greenwood1921
greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in From the Cheap Seats

...I know, I know. Doc Rivers wasn't really the "GOAT" of anything, lol, but I included his kid for two reasons.

1. I couldn't think of another GOAT NBA player that has a talented kid coming up in the game.
2. Austin is actually rated higher than any of the other 3 so it kinda balances out.

Feel free to add names if you think of some...

BARRY SANDERS JR.
Oklahoma City, OK
(non-committed. Leaning toward Oklahoma State - his dad's school.)

sandersjuniorblogg.jpg

He's bigger than his dad, but not as elusive or as fast. Actually runs more like Emmit Smith (the ether - lawd the Ether, lol.)

Marcus Jordan
UCF (Central Florida)
(15 ppg, Junior)

marcus-jordan-basketball-adidas-438ss102309.jpg

His brother, Jeff, played with him last year too. He's a 2-guard too and a decent shooter with hops. May be a decent player off the bench in the NBA. If he has his dad's work ethic, he could turn out to be like John Starks, Bruce Bowen type player in the league.
Looks more like Horace Grant (the Ether - lawd, the Ether,lol.)

Deion Sanders Jr
Dallas, TX
Committed to Univ. of Houston

deion-sanders-jr.jpg

MUCH smaller than his dad (Prime was 6'2", Junior is 5'7") but he's almost as fast and has good coverage skills, special teams, and route running skills. Can't see him being much more than a decoy and special teams return man in D-1 college ball with that size. But he might convert to Running back which would give him a much better chance at a pro-career (think Darren Sproles or Jacquizz Rodgers).

(Looks EXACTLY like Deion. Not so much ether. lol.)

Austin Rivers
Committed to Duke
top rated player in his recruiting class

austin-rivers.jpg

Pretty good, definitely higher rated than all the above. According to the hype, he may have a better college and pro career than his father. Seems kinda cocky tho. Not very impressed personally.

Looks like a WNBA player with that baby-fro. (Ether.)

Comments

• P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Usually, the best sons are of former players who wasn't really stars in the league.
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Usually, the best sons are of former players who wasn't really stars in the league.

Co-sign. Not as much pressure.

Word to....

peyton-and-ashley-manning-7.jpg

Archie Manning was the Tim Couch of his generation.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Co-sign. Not as much pressure.

Word to....

peyton-and-ashley-manning-7.jpg

Archie Manning was the Tim Couch of his generation.

LOL I know Archie Manning fells like ? when he goes to Peyton and Eli's house and looks at their Super Bowl trophies, Super Bowl rings and Super Bowl MVP's.
    Archie has a life time supply of ether for the rest of his life not to mention, the team he played for in the NFL got it's first Super Bowl trophy against his son.
  • OFWGKTA
    OFWGKTA Banned Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    unless he turns out ? . i would bet my life that peyton and eli's boys will both be playing in the NFL.
    whenever they have kids.
  • south4life
    edited May 2011
    Options
    OFWGKTA wrote: »
    unless he turns out ? . i would bet my life that peyton and eli's boys will both be playing in the NFL.
    whenever they have kids.

Peyton got married in 2001 and has twins, a boy and a girl.
    Eli got married in 2008 and he has a daughter.
    So I guess it's on Peyton's son to continue the Manning Family Quarterback Legacy.
  • OFWGKTA
    OFWGKTA Banned Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Peyton got married in 2001 and has twins, a boy and a girl.
    Eli got married in 2008 and he has a daughter.
    So I guess it's on Peyton's son to continue the Manning Family Quarterback Legacy.

he's got grade A genes. He will. And you know his pops is gonna get him in football early.
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    OFWGKTA wrote: »
    whenever they have kids.

Never know. The oldest Manning boy was garbage in football and is like a accountant or some ? . Peyton and Eli are #2 and #3.

So let that be a lesson to all the athletes -- Have 3 boys. At least one will be good. lol.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Never know. The oldest Manning boy was garbage in football and is like a accountant or some ? . Peyton and Eli are #2 and #3.

So let that be a lesson to all the athletes -- Have 3 boys. At least one will be good. lol.

Nah Fam, Cooper Manning wasnt garbage , he had to go the Accountant route , He was recruited by Ole Miss also but once he got there he was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal canal that makes it impossible to play competitive sports.

He was doing his thing in HS but then eventually said he would feel the numbness in the hands and fingers thats when he got checked out and pretty much shut it down for the rest of his life once he found out, but he was headed to Ole Miss for Football.
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nah Fam, Cooper Manning wasnt garbage , he had to go the Accountant route , He was recruited by Ole Miss also but once he got there he was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal canal that makes it impossible to play competitive sports.

He was doing his thing in HS but then eventually said he would feel the numbness in the hands and fingers thats when he got checked out and pretty much shut it down for the rest of his life once he found out, but he was headed to Ole Miss for Football.

Yeah, he played with Peyton but was a wide receiver. But judging from the other 3 mannings athleticism, I refuse to believe he would've been a good receiver in the SEC, lol. Sounds like he was just Peyton's version of Wes Welker in high school which ain't sayin' much. ? I was my high school's version Brent Grimes and all I got was 3 JUCO offers. lol.

The Peyton talent chain goes like...

Peyton >>>> Eli >>>>> Archie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cooper.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And if im picking any sport i would say Baseball, for some reason there Bloodlines in that sport usually translate quite a bit

Bobby Bonds and Barry Bonds

Ken Griffey and Ken Griffey Jr

Felipe Alou and Moises Alou

Sandy Alomar and Roberto Alomar , Sandy Alomar Jr.

Cecil Fielder And Prince Fielder

Ray Boone and Brett Boone/Aaron Boone

Ron Davis and Ike Davis (Good young firstbasemen for the Mets)

i Wouldnt say Brett or Aaron boone were stars but they had some highlight seasons in their careers, just never were superstars but solid players

but Baseball Bloodlines run super deep, theres a ton of Father/Son Combos just dont feel like getting into all of em', and it extends all the way to Brothers,Cousins, ETC. in that sport , i Have no clue why Baseball Bloodlines seem to translate so well for the most part but most of the time it just does.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And if im picking any sport i would say Baseball, for some reason there Bloodlines in that sport usually translate quite a bit

i Wouldnt say Brett or Aaron boone were stars but they had some highlight seasons in their careers, just never were superstars but solid players

but Baseball Bloodlines run super deep, theres a ton of Father/Son Combos just dont feel like getting into all of em', and it extends all the way to Brothers,Cousins, ETC. in that sport , i Have no clue why Baseball Bloodlines seem to translate so well for the most part but most of the time it just does.

i think in baseball more than the other sports those guys really grew up in the clubhouse, they're used to the environment and they grow up learning from some of the best at a young age. maybe im wrong but ive never heard much about guys in sports like football being on the sidelines and stuff with the players
  • south4life
    edited May 2011
    Options

Damn i wonder how good he would have been if that didn't happen and if he would be better then Peyton.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited May 2011
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Damn i wonder how good he would have been if that didn't happen and if he would be better then Peyton.

he didnt play QB tho' he played WR..
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options

I'm referring mostly to the ones that aren't in the Pros yet. And baseball has the most primarily because the skill-set for baseball is not as difficult to pass down the gene pool.

Let's face it, a pro Baseball player has a much better shot of teaching his son how to be good hitter or outfielder despite his natural athletic gifts, than Deion Sanders does of teaching his son how to be a shut-down-half-the-field corner.

You can't teach 4.2 speed in football, or a wicked first-step in basketball. If your son is born without those things, you just have to chalk that ? up and hope for the best, lol.

Not saying Baseball is "easier" than any sport or no ? like that, so don't "Willie Mays" any feelings, lol. Just saying that the skills required in baseball are more cerebral and easier to "teach". Notice how it ain't that many father/son GOAT pitchers or base-stealers. Those are the baseball skills that rely more on natural skill which are ? -shoots when it comes to genes.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    dead @ saying jordan's son looks like horace grant
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    dead @ saying jordan's son looks like horace grant

Hence the beef between them.

Hmmmmm.....

obama-thinking.jpg

....Pause.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yeah, he played with Peyton but was a wide receiver. But judging from the other 3 mannings athleticism, I refuse to believe he would've been a good receiver in the SEC, lol. Sounds like he was just Peyton's version of Wes Welker in high school which ain't sayin' much. ? I was my high school's version Brent Grimes and all I got was 3 JUCO offers. lol.

The Peyton talent chain goes like...

Peyton >>>> Eli >>>>> Archie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cooper.

from what i read cooper was a good athlete, he didnt have the break away speed but he was lighting quick....you never know though he could have been a wes welker/david patten type of WR
    and you'd be tripping not to say peyton isn't a decent athlete especially considering his pocket presence and elusiveness, plus that cracka had that thoroughbred qb instilled in him since a youngin.....Eli on the other hand lol

i think barry and the baseball sons where the best example by far
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    from what i read cooper was a good athlete, he didnt have the break away speed but he was lighting quick....you never know though he could have been a wes welker/david patten type of WR
    and you'd be tripping not to say peyton isn't a decent athlete especially considering his pocket presence and elusiveness, plus that cracka had that thoroughbred qb instilled in him since a youngin.....Eli on the other hand lol

i think barry and the baseball sons where the best example by far

I actually think Eli is a better "athlete" than Manning. Pocket presence ain't really about athleticism as it is about TIMING. Knowing when to step up, when to roll out, and having the courage and poise to stand your ground and hit your target even though you got a 300 lb monster coming to knock your head off.

And there are alot of "quick" receivers in college football, but most of them never even sniff the NFL. He would've been like ATL's Brian Finneran at best. Which ain't too bad, but nowhere near what his brothers are.
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol jordan's kid looks NOTHING like him
  • south4life
    edited May 2011
    Options
    he didnt play QB tho' he played WR..

Oh my bad, so he would have broke the Family Legacy lol