Real Reason Pippen "disrespected" Jordan with that comment...

Options
yroholla
yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Jordan went on record numerous times to say he would never think to team with a Bird,Magic or Barkley type of player....likening Wade n LeBron teaming with each other as Jordan teaming with a Bird,Magic or Barkley...many ppl in defense of Pippen regarding him being held in high regard would argue he would get more shine had he not played in Jordans shadow all those years....in other words, by making those comments, Jordan doesn't put Pippen in the "elite" category....shots fired???

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    shaq-face.jpg
  • IA.2.TX
    IA.2.TX Banned Users Posts: 477
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? you slow* the ? mike wouldn't GO TO ANOTHER TEAM* that ain't takin ? away from Pip* this ? reaching*
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No. Pippen has said similar about Kobe before. Pippen just thinks Jordan is overrated but he's too stupid too stupid to articulate it intelligently and he's too scared to stick by it after he implies it.
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If u were Pippen n u are widely recognized as one of the 50 Greatest Players of All Time, which puts him in the same league as the greats,and Jordan comes out and says he'd never think of playing with Bird,Magic or Barkley...essentially he's saying he was fine with doing it alone...wouldn't u feel slighted in the least bit? Cats actin like I'm reaching here but I guess its too deep for cats to consider it being a possibility
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Its not a reach. Of course Pippen didnt like that comment, Pippen aint liked a lot of ? Jordan said active and retired. Its obvious them ? dont ? with each other too much. I dont think thats why Pippen said it but it probably has something to do with why Pippen is so ready and willing to openly make comments like these.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ok. so ur sayin thats the reason pippen made the comment. he played w/ MJ. & has watched Lebron play. thats jus the way HE see's it.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    smh... another 23 vs 24 vs 6 thread in the making
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Interesting, good theory. Jordan is basically sayin he didnt play with another top guy, so Pip says Lebron was better at getting everyone involved.

Good theory.
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited May 2011
    Options
    do we really need to look so deep into this?

what was wrong with pip said?

imo he is right...

bron IS a better all around player, but mike was a better scorer...not to mention better leader and plays with more heart

he simply said he had the potential to be better, thats not really too far fetched
  • noirwar
    noirwar Members Posts: 514
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lebron need not be compared to MJ. He is more Modernized Magic.
  • noirwar
    noirwar Members Posts: 514
    edited May 2011
    Options
    PiP is trying to stay relevant but he knows he is more Magic than MJ. Kobe was MJ. But the Era of the Dominate SG with no big man is long gone. You have to have more than what Jordan had to win these days.
    Lebron has had people to play with. In Mo Williams (Allstar) Antoine Jamison(Allstar) Shaq(Allstar) Eric Snow, Varijo, Hughes. Illguaskuas and others and he has not been the gel when it counted though so I presently have my doubts but it can all turn around for the young man.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    noirwar wrote: »
    PiP is trying to stay relevant but he knows he is more Magic than MJ. Kobe was MJ. But the Era of the Dominate SG with no big man is long gone. You have to have more than what Jordan had to win these days.
    Lebron has had people to play with. In Mo Williams (Allstar) Antoine Jamison(Allstar) Shaq(Allstar) Eric Snow, Varijo, Hughes. Illguaskuas and others and he has not been the gel when it counted though so I presently have my doubts but it can all turn around for the young man.

I call ? on this.

Mo ONLY made the All-Star team cause ALOT of ? went down hurt.

Jamison was ? in Cleveland. ? was getting thrown on in that Boston series by Tony Allen, and hasn't sniffed "All-Star" status this past season.

Shaq's All-Star days ended probably 3-4 years before he got to Cleveland, the Phoenix season notwithstanding.