Leaked Trailer for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo remake

stoneface
stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!

The movie will be pretty good. I liked part 1 of the original trilogy but i havent seen the sequels.

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    these movies didnt need a remake ive seen them all and they should be left alone. hollywood be trying to ? up ? thats already good.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    satyrone wrote: »
    these movies didnt need a remake ive seen them all and they should be left alone. hollywood be trying to ? up ? thats already good.

True, i agree this ? doesnt need a remake, especially so soon but if they are gonna ? around and remake it, at least make it good.

EDIT: Apparently its not even a true remake, its based off of the same original novel, like True Grit was.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    stoneface wrote: »
    True, i agree this ? doesnt need a remake, especially so soon but if they are gonna ? around and remake it, at least make it good.

EDIT: Apparently its not even a true remake, its based off of the same original novel, like True Grit was.

yea thats what i heard but its like watching the same movie twice but in english. i jus feel like these movies cant be touched. i wouldnt mind a reamke about 20 or 30 years down the line but not now.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Which reminds me I still have to see the original. Gonna have to buy the whole trilogy some time next week
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited August 2011
    Dragon Tattoo Character Shots Online
    And hear a score snippet!
    11 August 2011 | Written by Ali Plumb | Source: The Daily Blam

The trouble with adapting a much-loved – and very complicated – crime novel like The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is that no matter how many people have read the books, most of your audience won't have, and it can all get a bit confusing for the uninitiated.

So you can see why the marketing department behind Fincher's version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo have taken it upon themselves to release a whole host of character images with a chunk of explanatory text alongside them. Head to The Daily Blam to see them all.
    rooney-mara-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo(1).jpg daniel-craig-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo.jpg

As you might have guessed, they're all pretty, um, self-explanatory, but it's fascinating to put a name to a face for each of the characters / actors aside from Rooney Mara’s Lisbeth and Daniel Craig’s Mikael Blomkvist.

So check them out, and let us know what you think. Well-written snippets of truth or somewhat unnecessary bilge? Or something in-between? Let us know in the comment box below.

Meanwhile, there's also the chance to hear some of Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor's moody score for the moody. Check it out...

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo will be in your local cinema picture house come December 26.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31743
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited September 2011
    New Dragon Tattoo Trailer Lands
    Lisbeth speaks!
    22 September 2011 | Written by James White | Source: MSN UK

While it’s possible that David Fincher’s version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will forever be more closely associated with that pulsing, hypnotic teaser scored with Trent Reznor and Karen O’s cover of Immigrant Song, Sony was always going to need to release a more comprehensive promo to get some of the plot across. And it’s now online for your viewing pleasure – take a look below.

For the three people who still don’t know what’s going on here, Daniel Craig stars as investigative journalist Mikael Blomkvist, a man reeling from legal action after his latest subject sued the pants off him. He’s approached by Henrik Vanger (Christopher Plummer), patriarch of a family with some very deep and very dark secrets. Vanger wants Blomkvist to investigate the decades-old murder of young Harriet Vanger, a case that is slowly driving him nuts.

Vanger recommends that Blomkvist works with ace computer hacker/researcher Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara), a distinctly unconventional young woman with serious issues of her own. Together the pair digs into the mystery and starts to realise that it’s even more complicated than they thought…

It frankly seems unfair that we have to wait until December 26 to see this, but it’s true! Call it a late Christmas present.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32064
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited September 2011
    Empire's Dragon Tattoo Cover
    Rooney Mara & Daniel Craig arrive
    26 September 2011 | Written by Helen O'Hara

It's that time again, time for a glorious new Empire cover to be unveiled. And this month we're going dark and twisted with David Fincher's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara going front and centre.
    54783.jpg

The film is, as you all know, the adaptation of the first of Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy, with Rooney Mara as hacker Lisbeth Salander and Daniel Craig as journalist Mikael Blomkvist. David Fincher's directing, and the cast also includes the not-inconsiderable likes of Christopher Plummer, Robin Wright, Stellan Skarsgard, Joely Richardson, Julian Sands, Embeth Davidtz and Geraldine James.

Our Nev Pierce interviewed all those involved and visited the set to bring you all the latest on the film, but here's just a taster of what Fincher had to say about Salander herself.

"There were discussions early on where people were like, 'She's a superhero!' And you go, 'No, she's not. Superheroes live in a world of good and evil, and she's far more complex than a superhero. She's been compromised. She's been subjugated. She's been marginalised. She's been swept into the gutter and she's had a part in it. She dresses like trash because she's someone who has been betraued and hurt so badly, by forces beyond her control, that she's just decided to be refuse. She can sit anywhere she wants on the bus, because nobody wants to deal with her."

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is out on Boxing Day here, which should help counter any excess jollity you've experienced over Christmas, while at the same time being one of the better films of the year. The November issue of Empire hits stores on Thursday.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32084