Been To a Rave?

Options
mr.throwback
mr.throwback Members Posts: 34
edited June 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
if so what was it like, i never been to one but i heard they crackin any truths to that?

Comments

• im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    people still do that?
  • mr.throwback
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i guess so, always be a gang of females at them events from what i hear
  • qoolaide33
    qoolaide33 Members Posts: 800
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hell yeah. I know this one chick that was headed to one a few weeks ago that I almost went to.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    used to spin at raves all the time back inna day. haven't done one since about 2006 tho. Disco D and I did a few together, ? can be off the hook, 'specially when you're spinnin ghettotech.
  • mr.throwback
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? i guess this is something that i need to go experince then pop and drop
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yea n it was TERRIBLE, its too white for me, everybody jumpin around, cant really dance with chicks when they all jumpin, n the music was corny, but i met a UFC fighter and a NHL player that same night so i cant complain.

BUT the good thing is u know exactly which girls to hit on at those events (the ones with water bottles ;) )
  • konceptjones
    edited May 2011
    Options

not much different than hittin up a revival... music's just different...
  • konceptjones
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • missiamtheshit
    missiamtheshit Members Posts: 949
    edited May 2011
    Options
    never been, but I would go
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Been in and out of the Rave seen since 93...heaviest from 98-01. Every New Year's Eve I went to Together As One which is the biggest prty in LA on NYE. like 75k heads. '

I never went for the house or trance, I went for the jungle, drum n bass, and hip hop. I've seen Wu, J5, Run DMC, Grand Puba, and numerous more at raves. SoCal is the epicenter of the scene and should def be experienced atleast once. Any fans of breakdancing, popping and locking should also check it out. Some of the best dancers in the world flock to these events. Rock Steady Crew is the type of talent they attract so there you go.

The laser shows and lighting are ? unreal. I've seen a ? blowing a dude in a laser show at one rave. Some of the other ? you see there is also unreal. Most of the parties are themed and are full scale events/fesitvals.

I suggest shrooms , e, or acid. Once your there it'll be hard not to take something. I knew kids that pumped ? stricly at raves and made huge dough. People just walk around shouting, "Es", "doses" "shrooms" "K" etc....

Some of the most epic nights of my life have been at raves. Its kind of hard to explain unless you go to one. If youre in LA or SoCal check out

Electric Daisy Carnival
    Monster Madness
    Together As One
    Nocturnal Wonderland
    Audiotistic

go to any one of those and you can't go wrong.

Me and a friend NYE 99 into 2000 at the LA Sports Arena.
    d3a4edf0.jpg
    3c0ef710.jpg

^^^this dude was like 6'6" 250lbs. ? was madness.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited June 2011
    Options

This is where I was in 99-2000. Together As One, I'm actually underneath the arches in the far end of the stadium at the end of the video.

this was the countdown in the house music room....which is the LA Coliseum and the rest of it was inside the LA Sports Arena where the Clippers play. Triple the amount of people you see inside the stadium is what was inside the Sports Arena.

I still have a box full of every flyer of every rave I went to. in SoCal.
  • rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    if so what was it like, i never been to one but i heard they crackin any truths to that?
    if you like any type of electronica.. raves is ill.. you can hear anything from house to triphop... jungle, reggae, dancehall, hiphop, ect.. & there's actually a lotta money to be made if you know what you're doin'... a few of my homies had rave crews back in the day.. they owned all their lighting, dj /sound system equipment including speaker cabinets, ect.. then they'd load up tons of workers with e, ghb, lsd, ect. to slang at the parties plus they're chargin' @ least $20 bucks a head.. ? was beautiful.

then one weekend in austin @ a rave that was held on an old air force base, i discovered ragga jungle & spazzed the ? out... [ragga jungle is where a reggae vocalist toasts [spits rhymes] over a jungle beat] i can show you better than i can tell you though...

Chuckleberry ft Garnett Silk - Talk [Chuckleberry Jungle Remix]

http://www.zshare.net/audio/90986186a4ef413d/

Jacky Murda Feat Ward 21 And Jason Sweetness - ? Fi Legal (Jacky Murda Rmx)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/909870819f274a5e/

Gregory Isaacs - Go Ah Jail [DJ C's Jungle Remix]

http://www.zshare.net/audio/90985990356e8970/

^so i grabbed that instrumental & threw Bob over it..

Bob Marley - Get Up Stand Up [Rusty's ''Go Ah Jail'' Jungle Remix]

http://www.zshare.net/audio/9098603717d9a041/

then i figured i'd take a shot @ producing a jungle beat...

? C - Knockin' Doors Down [Rusty's "Chronic-Logical" Remix]

http://www.zshare.net/audio/909872297524c48a/

Sizzla - Smokin' Marijuana

http://www.zshare.net/audio/909872913278d898/

i don't go anymore but if given the chance.. i'd definitely go & tear that ? up.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Been in and out of the Rave seen since 93...heaviest from 98-01. Every New Year's Eve I went to Together As One which is the biggest prty in LA on NYE. like 75k heads. '

I never went for the house or trance, I went for the jungle, drum n bass, and hip hop. I've seen Wu, J5, Run DMC, Grand Puba, and numerous more at raves. SoCal is the epicenter of the scene and should def be experienced atleast once. Any fans of breakdancing, popping and locking should also check it out. Some of the best dancers in the world flock to these events. Rock Steady Crew is the type of talent they attract so there you go.
    I saw the pharcyde & biz markie in Austin back in 2000.. raves are fun as hell..

.. i wouldn't trade that time in my life for the world..
    I still have a box full of every flyer of every rave I went to. in SoCal.
    hell yeah.. a wall in my office is dedicated to that exact brand of reminiscing.. me & my lil' homie actually got dough for spittin' a lil' hiphop act we had at a handful of parties so a couple of my fliers even show us in the performance lineup..
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    wtf people out here dressin bummy @ raves?!?!
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    Yea n it was TERRIBLE, its too white for me, everybody jumpin around, cant really dance with chicks when they all jumpin, n the music was corny, but i met a UFC fighter and a NHL player that same night so i cant complain.

BUT the good thing is u know exactly which girls to hit on at those events (the ones with water bottles ;))

Funny ? ..... I aint been to one though and aint sure I would even bother to go to one
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Capleton - Liberation Time [Rusty's ''Bounce'' Remix]

http://www.zshare.net/audio/91005520a717dcb3/

Jahdan Blakkamoore - The General [Rusty's "Bad Boy Lick Shot" Remix]

http://www.zshare.net/audio/910052290fdf8ea7/

Gregory Isaacs - Tribal War [Rusty's ''<-Tr9i5bE->'' Remix] (Tribal War didn't have an acapella so I just dropped as much sound as I could & mixed in the jungle beat..)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/910056882909c338/

Picture143.jpg
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited June 2011
    Options
    you should check out Congo Natty, DJ Hype, Aphrodite, Shy FX, DJ SS, ? Kru, Oscar Da Grouch, Mickey Finn, Roni Size, Devas-tator, Sniper, ? man I could go on an on.

I'm a junglist till I die.
  • dominique19
    dominique19 Members Posts: 295
    edited June 2011
    Options
    nope and never want to go to one . For some reason whenever I think of raves I think of people high out of there minds and dying from drug od's left and right. Anyway I'm drug and alcohol free so I'd prob be out of my element
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    I have friends who have been
    I havent done ecstasy for a long time, and dont plan on doing it ever again so i doubt i will go
    IMO

rave = club with more people and everyone does MDMA.

You have never been to one but are defining it? Your so ? wack. Not everyone does MDMA. And for your uneducated ass...MDMA is rarely available on the street in pure form. MDMA, coke, heroin, among other cutting agents make up Ecstacy. ? ? .

You don't have to do drugs to enjoy a rave.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? is wack B.

Dont belive these ? real talk.Dont even waste your time.I been to 3 of them thinking the next one is going to be better and it just got worse every time.Seriously.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I have friends who have been
    I havent done ecstasy for a long time, and dont plan on doing it ever again so i doubt i will go
    IMO

rave = club with more people and everyone does MDMA.

You wrong b

Rave = A buncho of white people pn E jumping around listeing to tecno.Anyone thats black or latin should not like raves.
  • bootcheese3000
    bootcheese3000 Members Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    U wanna QQ bro?

I have countless friends who have been to numerous raves
    heres a pic of this ? i know and his rave lights

9417_262452840087_586945087_8998987_6544661_n.jpg

And you do have to do drugs to enjoy a rave. No ? sober person could handle being in a room full of stoned / ? / rollin people and be having fun. U ever been sober dealing with ? people? That ? is woat. in order for a function to go well, everyone has to be in the same mind state.

you can tell the guys biggin' up raves are white muthafuckas. i've been to some about 10 yrs. ago being from hell-a ONLY to see hip-hop acts and they were boring as hell. too many ? ' doped-up kids for me hitting me up for dope because i was a black dude with dreds. ? got annoying as hell. most raves have gone underground again in the desert or other unclosed locations, these other ones these numbnutz are talking about are corporate sponsored events.
  • bootcheese3000
    bootcheese3000 Members Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and i mean the raves were boring not the acts.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You wrong b

Rave = A buncho of white people pn E jumping around listeing to tecno.Anyone thats black or latin should not like raves.
    lol @ the "you can't like this or that because you're......." police..

that's why there's vanilla & chocolate.