Help Me Pick A New NFL Team to Pull For......

Options
Michael_Malice
Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
The Carolina Panthers are my team but I refuse to be a fan anymore since they drafted $cam Newton. I need help picking a new team to get behind. I am from South Carolina and used to pull for the Packers back in the day after they drafted Sterling Sharpe. I got behind the Panthers they came to Charlotte just because it felt right to pull for the "home" team and been a Panther fan ever since.

Atlanta is close and I actually live in Georgia right now so should I pull for the Falcons?

I am about 2 hours from Jacksonville so should I roll with the Jags? But they might not be there that long so I may be in the same boat. What should I do?

Am I a bad fan because I despise $cam Newton so much that I refuse to have anything to do with my team anymore? My wife says I am. Should I just suck it up and learn to love $cam? What do you guys think? What should I do?

Comments

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You don't seem like you were that loyal a fan in the first place. Root for whoever's about to win the Superbowl, then act like you've always been a fan.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You don't seem like you were that loyal a fan in the first place. Root for whoever's about to win the Superbowl, then act like you've always been a fan.

lol..........
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    sounds like you are going for the team who has the most to offer you.
  • Darius
    edited May 2011
    Options
    and yes. yes you are a bad fan. to put up with Rodney Peete, Jake Delhomme, Chris Weinke, Daymeone Craig, Jeff Lewis, Vinny Testeverde, Matt Moore, Jimmy Clausen, Brian St. Pierre, etc... to put up with 1-15, 2-14, and every year of the Seifert era. to support a team with Dwayne Jarret. to support a team who drafted Eric Shelton and Stefan Lefors, who paid Dan Morgan 5 million a year to get a concussion or break his knee, to make guys like Drew Carter and Keary Colbert their receivers, a team who has never had a legit tight end since wesley walls, and all that other ? the team has done - and to give up cause of Cam Newton?
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    SMH , Fan Violation 101....
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Im a Lions fan again if they do good this year
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

word.wurd.werd
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Im a Lions fan again if they do good this year

Lmao......
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i will never be able to understand this ? . I don't care if my team doesn't make the playoffs 20 straight years, I can't see having any other "favorite" team
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yo Malice lemme ask you a question since you're a pretty die hard South Carolina fan in college football, u said u dont wanna pull for the panthers cuz they got Cam Newton cuz u think he "Scamed" Someone...

but yet you're a USC Fan , and your QB has been suspended 5 times in his 4 year career ,

his Latest Suspension came because Garcia had been publicly intoxicated at an SEC-mandated character-building event..and Cursed at the AD and the AD Wife is the one who pushed for the suspensions

2007 he was arrested for Keying a Car of a professor from Claflin University ,

also two weeks before the Keying incident he was arrested and charged with failure to stop on police command and public drunkeness.

In March 2008, Garcia was arrested and cited for underage drinking, Later that same evening, police were again called to his dormitory where Garcia admitted to pulling a fire alarm and discharging a fire extinguisher.

You Pull for one of the most troubled programs in College football (i can go on and on), each off season who's not getting arrested at USC??

but u dont wanna pull for the panthers cuz of Cam Newton? aint that kinda of backwards?? so why dont u just switch your college team also??
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    come join the lions den my brethren...fairly, suh, vanden bosch...do it before it's too late...
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yo Malice lemme ask you a question since you're a pretty die hard South Carolina fan in college football, u said u dont wanna pull for the panthers cuz they got Cam Newton cuz u think he "Scamed" Someone...

but yet you're a USC Fan , and your QB has been suspended 5 times in his 4 year career ,

his Latest Suspension came because Garcia had been publicly intoxicated at an SEC-mandated character-building event..and Cursed at the AD and the AD Wife is the one who pushed for the suspensions

2007 he was arrested for Keying a Car of a professor from Claflin University ,

also two weeks befor the Keying incident he was arrested and charged with failure to stop on police command and public drunkeness.

In March 2008, Garcia was arrested and cited for underage drinking, Later that same evening, police were again called to his dormitory where Garcia admitted to pulling a fire alarm and discharging a fire extinguisher.

You Pull for one of the most troubled programs in College football (i can go on and on), who's not getting arrested at USC??

but u dont wanna pull for the panthers cuz of Cam Newton? aint that kinda of backwards??

hmmm and I wonder why we don't hear such outrage from fans when it comes to garcia.... oh yea... cam is.... nevermind
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    smh fake ass fan
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    and yes. yes you are a bad fan. to put up with Rodney Peete, Jake Delhomme, Chris Weinke, Daymeone Craig, Jeff Lewis, Vinny Testeverde, Matt Moore, Jimmy Clausen, Brian St. Pierre, etc... to put up with 1-15, 2-14, and every year of the Seifert era. to support a team with Dwayne Jarret. to support a team who drafted Eric Shelton and Stefan Lefors, who paid Dan Morgan 5 million a year to get a concussion or break his knee, to make guys like Drew Carter and Keary Colbert their receivers, a team who has never had a legit tight end since wesley walls, and all that other ? the team has done - and to give up cause of Cam Newton?

Get em Matt, lol.......

I stay gettin on these new Falcon fans here in the A when they start complaining about the team.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Stop being so emotional about men. You're in love with Lil' Wayne and you have deep seeded hate for Cam Newton. You take ? too far B.

I'd advise you to not like the Broncos.

We don't want you.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Real fans dont jump ship
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

2ecd9hz.jpg

word..........
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is it possible to ban people from the CS? If not who do I need to speak to to make that a reality
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i would be willing to bet matt was crying as he typed that post lmao
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i will never be able to understand this ? . I don't care if my team doesn't make the playoffs 20 straight years, I can't see having any other "favorite" team

What he said....this is a female trait
  • Michael_Malice
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Got damn, I didn't think I was gonna get all them responses. Give me a second to filter through them.
  • Michael_Malice
    edited May 2011
    Options

Actually I am pretty loyal of a fan. I've been behind the Panthers for years through thick and then but my hatred of $cam runs deep.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    fan violation...stick with 1 team through the thick and thin
  • Darius
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Actually I am pretty loyal of a fan. I've been behind the Panthers for years through thick and then but my hatred of $cam runs deep.

how do you not hate chris gamble?
  • Michael_Malice
    edited May 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    sounds like you are going for the team who has the most to offer you.

I'm not sure what you mean by that Matt. That's just how I initially became a fan of the Packers if you are talking about the Sterling Sharpe thing. I was a kid.

Matt, I'm a come back to you.