Help Me Pick A New NFL Team to Pull For......

2»

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I'm not sure what you mean by that Matt. That's just how I initially became a fan of the Packers if you are talking about the Sterling Sharpe thing. I was a kid.

Matt, I'm a come back to you.

no i'm saying it sounds like you are wanting a team who bring bring about the biggest benefit to you. which is no different from cam newton
  • Darius
    edited May 2011
    i'm out this ? .

talk amongst yaselves

coffee_talk.jpg
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Yo Malice lemme ask you a question since you're a pretty die hard South Carolina fan in college football, u said u dont wanna pull for the panthers cuz they got Cam Newton cuz u think he "Scamed" Someone...

but yet you're a USC Fan , and your QB has been suspended 5 times in his 4 year career ,

his Latest Suspension came because Garcia had been publicly intoxicated at an SEC-mandated character-building event..and Cursed at the AD and the AD Wife is the one who pushed for the suspensions

2007 he was arrested for Keying a Car of a professor from Claflin University ,

also two weeks before the Keying incident he was arrested and charged with failure to stop on police command and public drunkeness.

In March 2008, Garcia was arrested and cited for underage drinking, Later that same evening, police were again called to his dormitory where Garcia admitted to pulling a fire alarm and discharging a fire extinguisher.

You Pull for one of the most troubled programs in College football (i can go on and on), each off season who's not getting arrested at USC??

but u dont wanna pull for the panthers cuz of Cam Newton? aint that kinda of backwards?? so why dont u just switch your college team also??

Ayo, KOP. You are right you know how I am about the Gamecocks and I can see your point about my ? Garcia but there is a big difference. Actually as I write this I figured it out.

I am letting my love for the Gamecocks get in the way of my NFL team. I guess I am more "diehard" of a college team (South Carolina) than I am of my NFL team. The reason I hate $cam so much is because he screwed South Carolina last year. The guy shouldn't even been playing and he destroyed us twice. we should have been the SEC champs but a guy who should not have even been playing in the first place prevented that. I will never forgive him for that. Because of that, it pained me when Carolina drafted him. I feel like I am in between a rock and a hard place.

It seems that I may just be more ? /diehard of a "college" fan than I am of NFL. Am I right? I can't get this Gamecock out of my blood. I was born Garnet and Black. I remember A's a kid spending time with Sterling Sharpe and Harold Greenat their homes in Wildewood because my cousins are close friends with them. It was like a dream come true. But I think that may be my problem. What you think?
  • Michael_Malice
    edited May 2011
    matt- wrote: »
    no i'm saying it sounds like you are wanting a team who bring bring about the biggest benefit to you. which is no different from cam newton

I like that shot at $cam but I don't think that's the case. What does being a Gamecock fan all these years bring me?
  • Michael_Malice
    edited May 2011
    killap wrote: »
    Is it possible to ban people from the CS? If not who do I need to speak to to make that a reality

Because I asked a serious question and wanted some advice? FOH.
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    If you go ahead and start rooting for the browns now............I wont call you out for hoping on the band wagon later.
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Bout time they emailed me
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    When in doubt, go with my Lions.......i've been a Lions fans since '78 .............so yeah
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    **glad my team sucks post**

Back off b, we have enough
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    smh @ this gotdamn thread
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    just usmarine it. roll with your favorite player's team...
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Just do what so many other ? on here do -- wait till January and see which team looks like they're "peaking" and then front like you've been fan for years after they win the Super Bowl.

sitdown-when-shots-are-fired1.jpg
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    When in doubt, go with my Lions.......i've been a Lions fans since '78 .............so yeah

cot dayum my ?
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011

Damn, bruh. I thought I was a soldier as a ? Bird fan since '91. lol.

? you a suicide bomber. lol
  • peagle05
    edited June 2011
    Damn, bruh. I thought I was a soldier as a ? Bird fan since '91. lol.

? you a suicide bomber. lol

? loyal as ? in detroit lmao
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    peagle05 wrote: »

? yeah. Gotta respect how they pack the Silverdome/Ford Field EVERY thanksgiving even though they end up seeing ? like this every year....

901tt4.gif

That's love. lol.
  • peagle05
    edited June 2011
    not to mention they sat through the drew stanton dougie

dead @ the first comment on that video
    "thats not a dougie...its a douglas"
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    not to mention they sat through the drew stanton dougie

dead @ the first comment on that video
    "thats not a dougie...its a douglas"

Smh.

The following muhfuggas ARE NOT feeling that rendition of the "Dougie"....

281x211.jpg
    a_christie_i.jpg

doug-cartoon-nickelodeon-complete-series-4049f.jpg
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011

I was born in '78, which makes me 32.....and followed all Detroit teams; Lions, Tigers, Pistons, Red Wings ...heck even the Shock lol

the earliest I begin to follow and understand sports was age 4 -- which was when the Tigers won in '84 (baseball super easy to follow)

soon as i got around age 6-7 , that when i started to understand basketball better , and this is the when the Pistons first started fighting the Celts and Lakers for the Finals

age 8 - Pistons won first of their back to back ('88-89)

teen years -- lucky enough to see Red Wings start winning, Barry Sanders era , suffered through the Pistons after Stern ? them up with the superstar calls on Jordan, Tigers started declining.......

early 20s -- one Pistons fan among hundred of bandwagon Lakers fans in my hometown supporting my Pistons before the '04 Finals even started, saw the rise of the Tigers again ...lost to the Cards on some ? ref strike zone and ? ......., Lions lost Barry and went through losing season again, Red Wings won a few more Stanley Cups

Late 20s -- Pistons victims of Stern's ? with fake Wade superstar calls and Bron crab-dribbling, Lions in the worst stretch i've ever seen of my 32 years, Red Wings rebuilding, no Stanley Cups, Tigers suffers record losing season, Shock only bright spot in Detroit sports

Early 30s -- Tigers become relevant again with Verlander/Portello/Grandanderson , Lions finally get rid of Millen ...Mayhew has three successful drafts 3 years straight by getting Stafford/Megatron/Suh ...and now possibly Fairley (if he stays focused), Red Wings still decent but about to draft and trade for brand new young core since Lidstrom is probably leaving, Pistons finally will get out of the mess they were in since Davidson died -- we got a new owner in Gores (a Michigan native to boot)

So basically it's this: every PROFESSIONAL sports teams in Detroit except for football, has got them a Championship which not many can claim ....not many see this in their lifetime...so if the Lions do win hopefully in a few years or even next year (if the Saints can do it, we can) ...this I'm one of the rare lucky ones to see their hometown teams win every championship there is .........(even Michigan State and Michigan)
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    I was born in '78, which makes me 32.....and followed all Detroit teams; Lions, Tigers, Pistons, Red Wings ...heck even the Shock lol

the earliest I begin to follow and understand sports was age 4 -- which was when the Tigers won in '84 (baseball super easy to follow)

soon as i got around age 6-7 , that when i started to understand basketball better , and this is the when the Pistons first started fighting the Celts and Lakers for the Finals

teen years -- lucky enough to see Red Wings start winning, Barry Sanders era , suffered through the Pistons after Stern ? them up with the superstar calls on Jordan, Tigers started declining.......

early 20s -- one Pistons fan among hundred of bandwagon Lakers fans in my hometown supporting my Pistons before the '04 Finals even started, saw the rise of the Tigers again ...lost to the Cards on some ? ref strike zone and ? ......., Lions lost Barry and went through losing season again, Red Wings won a few more Stanley Cups

Late 20s -- Pistons victims of Stern's ? with fake Wade superstar calls and Bron crab-dribbling, Lions in the worst stretch i've ever seen of my 32 years, Red Wings rebuilding, no Stanley Cups, Tigers suffers record losing season, Shock only bright spot in Detroit sports

Early 30s -- Tigers become relevant again with Verlander/Portello/Grandanderson , Lions finally get rid of Millen ...Mayhew has three successful drafts 3 years straight by getting Stafford/Megatron/Suh ...and now possibly Fairley (if he stays focused), Red Wings still decent but about to draft and trade for brand new young core since Lidstrom is probably leaving, Pistons finally will get out of the mess they were in since Davidson died -- we got a new owner in Gores (a Michigan native to boot)

So basically it's this: every PROFESSIONAL sports teams in Detroit except for football, has got them a Championship which not many can claim ....not many see this in their lifetime...so if the Lions do win hopefully in a few years or even next year (if the Saints can do it, we can) ...this I'm one of the rare lucky ones to see their hometown teams win every championship there is .........(even Michigan State and Michigan)

*Tips hat at the bolded. That's some rare ish.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    SMH @ switchin teams through thick and thin breh
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Yea bruh. one player shouldnt be enough of a reason to switch out on teams. your suppose to pull for them no matter what. i mean look at my team. due to the lookout, we are ? from all angles (no atl). so more than likely in this upcoming season we will suck beyond belief. but i will still route for them regardless. because theyve been my team ever since their initial conception
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011

This is like my autobiography. Also born in '78, and have been supporting the exact same teams the whole time. Can't wait for this lockout to be over, 'cause the Lions are my top team out of all of them. Also interested in seeing who the Pistons draft.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Words cant describe the feeling of sittting through game after game and witnessing your team lose at last minute constantly.................