So, No Jim Tressel Resigns Thread???

Options
Topps
Topps Members Posts: 447
edited June 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Come on Cheap Seats.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6606999

Embattled coach Jim Tressel has resigned from Ohio State, The Columbus Dispatch has reported, citing university sources.

The news comes two weeks after Buckeyes athletic director Gene Smith affirmed his support for the coach, who has coached Ohio State for 11 seasons.

At the Big Ten spring meetings earlier this month, Smith -- while declining to discuss any details of an ongoing NCAA investigation of Tressel -- said his outlook toward the coach's position hadn't wavered.

"Oh, definitely, no question," Smith said. "I haven't changed, I haven't changed. But I'm not talking about the case beyond that."

Smith noted last month in an interview with The Associated Press that Tressel should have apologized at a March 8 news conference, where Tressel acknowledged he failed to notify Ohio State officials of emails he received about some of his players receiving improper benefits.

Smith has also talked about the high legal costs Ohio State is dealing with, calling the ongoing NCAA situation "a nightmare."

Tressel also received support at the spring meetings from fellow coaches such as Michigan State's Mark Dantonio and Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald, as well as from Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne, a longtime friend.

"Coaches are great," Tressel said. "They understand all the challenges everyone has. It's good to be with them."

Information from ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg and The Associated Press was used in this

Comments

• Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol i just made one submitted it and saw this right after lol
  • Topps
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Terrelle Pryor and the other suspended players should have came out this year.

Tressel ? them.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The story was reported 5 mins ago

And college football sucks I dont care

Cosign the bolded
  • Topps
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Cosign the bolded

Why post in this thread if you don't care about college football.

You just made yourself look like a lame.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    damn......Tressel just said ? it.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    sad sad day for us buckeyes :'(
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol. He ? himself in this one
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So....over or under 7 wins for OSU next yr? Michigan finally has a chance
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ....? ohio state...

kanye-shrug-o.gif5

wisconsin-badgers2.jpg
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im Still gonna stick with what i said long time ago and say Urban Meyer will get that job next year, he started at Ohio State as a Grad. Assistant and Meyer is From Ohio.
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol at OSU. Looks like UM will be on the rise again.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    So....over or under 7 wins for OSU next yr? Michigan finally has a chance

Under, I predicted that when everybody got suspended for the first few games....

im Still gonna stick with what i said long time ago and say Urban Meyer will get that job next year, he started at Ohio State as a Grad. Assistant and Meyer is From Ohio.

Yea thats been the rumor going around for a while now.

But damn.... State of Ohio stay losing.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lmao @ the only relevant team in ohio taking an L.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well there's always the indians
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    everybody trying to blame pryor...white man ? up and loses his job and it has to be the black man's fault
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Word? Damn what's up with all these high level coaches being from Ohio? Stoops brothers, Meyer, Gruden, ..........
  • bigpoppa1115
    bigpoppa1115 Members Posts: 174
    edited May 2011
    Options
    this was done obviously to save the programs ass, along with the A.D. and president who said "I should be lucky if Jim Tressel didn't fire me!!" so this begs the question, death penalty anyone? you have to come down way harder on ohio state than USC. no excuse to go soft on them.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm sorry, I can't be outraged by this resignation when them players did nothing wrong. Trading in jerseys for tatoos? Its called bartering. The NCAA has become the gestapo, singling out programs and people for no reason when they feel like it. I wonder what program is gonna be next on their summer jam screen.

Oh and its good to have the IC back
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Under, I predicted that when everybody got suspended for the first few games....

Yea thats been the rumor going around for a while now.

But damn.... State of Ohio stay losing.

Yea too bad Georgia too ? for us to even meet up in a Major Bowl........Independance bowl in 09.......Liberty Bowl in 2010..........and ya'll lost to ? "CENTRAL" Florida........BWAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAHAAAAA!!!!!.......What the ? is the Liberty Bowl.....and Ohio stay losing????Really????..and dont get me started on ya'll basketball team....do ya'll still have basketball team????.......FOH.......I've heard enough

Alright now that I'm done clownin this lame on a serious note as long as O state keep getting the best players out of Ohio will be fine...Y'all can keep praying for are downfall.......
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Word? Damn what's up with all these high level coaches being from Ohio? Stoops brothers, Meyer, Gruden, ..........

Ohio is a football/wrestling and light weight basketball state homie we ? excellence when come to that football ? that's why the cavs are an after thought..
    well there's always the indians

Yes Sir!
    Lol at OSU. Looks like UM will be on the rise again.

Yea you wish ? ...we still gon kick ya'll mouth in like we do every year!!
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Yeah, Ohio is a breeding ground for coaches. Really, the midwest in general. All the best coaches either come from the southwest (Texas, Oklahoma, etc.) or midwest (Great lakes states, etc.).

And THANK ? Urban Meyer and Gruden are the two front runners 'cause I don't need them sweatin' my boy stoops.

But then again, with USC-like sanctions on the way, I don't think they'll be able to get a big name. Urban Meyer didn't leave Florida to get 3 scholarships a year at OSU and no bowl games. Only a young fool would fall for a gig like that.......

lane_kiffin_feature.jpg
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    But then again, with USC-like sanctions on the way, I don't think they'll be able to get a big name. Urban Meyer didn't leave Florida to get 3 scholarships a year at OSU and no bowl games. Only a young fool would fall for a gig like that.......

lane_kiffin_feature.jpg

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats my coach/team
    to-crying1.jpg
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh @ him looking older in this picture than the one above..ol benjamin button ass ?

012207kiffin180.jpg
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats my coach/team
    to-crying1.jpg

My bad, bruh, lol. But y'all ? for a minute out chea. Oregon 'bout to clean up on the West Coast recruiting-wise for the next 3-4 years. Looks like it's back to the mid 90s for USC and the Lakers. '85 Delorean like a muhfugga.

All y'all need now is for Marcus Allen or Reggie Bush to get arrested for killin' some white ? and her Jewish boyfriend in Brentwood to make the cypher complete. lol