8. Lay Low
9. Life Goes On
10. You Know My Name
11. Evil
12. AWOL
13. Agents of Repression
14. What Would You Do
15. How We Do
16. Freedom" (The Last Cell Remix) (featuring Public Enemy and Dead Prez)

Paris released in 2003 possibly the hardest hitting political album in the history of hip hop. it takes hip hop back to the days of "It takes a nation of millions" by the legendary P.E. This Ranks up along side Revolutionary Vol 2 by Immortal Technique. Has possibly the most controversial cd cover in the history of music.

Highlights:

IMO a classic album, and if you havent heard it i would highly suggest picking it up. Especially if you enjoy political hip hop like Dead Prez or P.E.

Overall 9/10 album.

Comments

• stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    BUMP.....

You telling me in the only person on the IC who has this????
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    BUMP.....

You telling me in the only person on the IC who has this????

I've been aware of the album due to the cover, but never thought to check it out as I've never heard anyone recommend the album before.

Props on this, I checked the last track out that you posted on the YouTube's and I think it's nice.

I'm not really one for politically charged rhymes, but the production was nice too and a lot of truths were spoken in the video... I'll check it out in the near future! :tu
  • stupot0607
    edited June 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    I've been aware of the album due to the cover, but never thought to check it out as I've never heard anyone recommend the album before.

Props on this, I checked the last track out that you posted on the YouTube's and I think it's nice.

I'm not really one for politically charged rhymes, but the production was nice too and a lot of truths were spoken in the video... I'll check it out in the near future! :tu

Good looking, dont let the cover put you off man, its a ? amazing. the production has a unqiue sound to it, i cant explain it. and the album has got some amazing features.

Tell me what you think when you giv it a listen....
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Good looking, dont let the cover put you off man, its a ? amazing. the production has a unqiue sound to it, i cant explain it. and the album has got some amazing features.

Tell me what you think when you giv it a listen....

Will do, I'll try to remember the thread...

Yeah, I know what you mean about covers, but it wasn't an album I was going to listen to without a recommendation, I don't know of Paris at all, so it's surprising to see this album arise in The Reason... but props, will check for it....

Footnote: This thread would probably be better off in The Essence and as it's an independent release, I'd see no problem in moving it there if you wished to get more posts in the thread.
  • stupot0607
    edited June 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Will do, I'll try to remember the thread...

Yeah, I know what you mean about covers, but it wasn't an album I was going to listen to without a recommendation, I don't know of Paris at all, so it's surprising to see this album arise in The Reason... but props, will check for it....

Footnote: This thread would probably be better off in The Essence and as it's an independent release, I'd see no problem in moving it there if you wished to get more posts in the thread.

Hahaha Feel free to move it Man................ i know Admin's have that sort of power...
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hahaha Feel free to move it Man................ i know Admin's have that sort of power...

Props.

Good thread, hopefully find a few heads here who have listened to it :tu
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'll check em out

Like stuff like this