Fellas: Are we TOO HARD on Single Mothers?

Options
Maalik
Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
Last night, a few of my friends got into a discussion with some girls around the way about this. They asked us why men didnt want to date single mothers.

We said:
* Too much Drama
* Too young to be playing Daddy
* How can you know if the woman is truly genuine (would she have wanted you if she wasnt in that predicament)
* Baby Daddies (Diss his babymama for 5 years but, show up once he see another ? come around smh)
* Most of them chased no good ? & expect some simp to clean up their mess

They said:
* Not all single mothers were that by choice (s/o died, divorce)
* Some of YOUR mothers were single mothers, so why would you disrespect anyone in the same predicament
* Just because she's a mom....does that mean she should NEVER EVER BE LOVED AGAIN?

How yall feel about it? I dont know man. There was this bad ? (Her picture is below) from HS who I always had a crush on & never took it anywhere cuz she was a lil bit older but, the other day I seen her & yes......she was still bad as ? but, she had a kid & my interest level went TO ZERO!!!!! What is it about single mothers that repels us men?

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    it's all conditional to the woman.. if her priorities in life are ? up, then she deserves the hard treatment..but if she's handling her business in a way i can respect....there shouldn't be a problem
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yup!

14325 Members Posts: 47
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Last night, a few of my friends got into a discussion with some girls around the way about this. They asked us why men didnt want to date single mothers.

We said:
    * Too much Drama
    * Too young to be playing Daddy
    * How can you know if the woman is truly genuine (would she have wanted you if she wasnt in that predicament)
    * Baby Daddies (Diss his babymama for 5 years but, show up once he see another ? come around smh)
    * Most of them chased no good ? & expect some simp to clean up their mess

They said:
    * Not all single mothers were that by choice (s/o died, divorce)
    * Some of YOUR mothers were single mothers, so why would you disrespect anyone in the same predicament
    * Just because she's a mom....does that mean she should NEVER EVER BE LOVED AGAIN?

How yall feel about it? I dont know man. There was this bad ? (Her picture is below) from HS who I always had a crush on & never took it anywhere cuz she was a lil bit older but, the other day I seen her & yes......she was still bad as ? but, she had a kid & my interest level went TO ZERO!!!!! What is it about single mothers that repels us men?
    Most men are not ready for family, kids, healthcare, mortgage, homework et al
    Most single mothers ran good men/fathers out of the house, and she'll likely do the same to you - big turn off.
    Personally I DON'T mind dating one, I actually dated one before.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    14325 wrote: »
    Most men are not ready for family, kids, healthcare, mortgage, homework et al
    Most single mothers ran good men/fathers out of the house, and she'll likely do the same to you - big turn off.
    Personally I DON'T mind dating one, I actually dated one before.

I did too & within 3 weeks, she asked me did I wanna take on that role?
  • dts-rida
    dts-rida Members Posts: 223
    edited March 2010
    Options
    We can be, but its like the man above me said..its all in how they carry themselves...if it looks like u need a hand out then thats a problem....but if ya ? is together and u have some type of boundaries set with the childs father, we can kick it....but a long term relationship is not on my mind for a very very long time
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i tried it. the shoe doesn't fit. i'll make my own ? on day.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Because most men, who have themselves together, don't want a ready made family. They also don't want a lot of the delusions that come with dating/simping a single mother.It's funny, they're the ones with the "baggage" but have the most demands of what they want in a man, like hoe, you should be the last person with demands for anything.

The problem is that society has gotten soft on single motherhood and all of a sudden it's "accepted" now....
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not all single mothers are the bad people you make them out to be.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I get at nothin' but single moms.... but that's just me.
  • BRiCKSQUAD
    BRiCKSQUAD Members Posts: 477
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im hard on hoes regardless....grannies, aunties, cousins, babymomas....watever

BAUCE
  • Dupac
    edited March 2010
    Options
    kids shouldn't be the deal breaker in a relationship...

the woman's character should be the deal breaker..

cu it's very possible that you could meet a woman with kids, and after time she still limits the ? she'll allow you to do for her kids, cuz she's not 100% the dude is going to stick around, and the last thing they wana do is have someone who's temporary around their children..

so don't think every chick with a kid wants u to play daddy...

i know a couple right now, where dude knew the girl for 6 years, and they were dating on the low for 2, b4 she was finally ready to let her daughter know that he wsan't "just a friend"

the little girl knew dude damn near all her life, and never once knew that he was her mother's boyfriend until this past year..

so i mean don't think all single mothers in a rush to drop a kid off on a ? .... if she's that type of female chances are, there's hella other things wrong with her that would have ultimately turned u off anyway
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited March 2010
    Options
    alot of the same ? that go hard on single mothers will be excursively dating single mothers in the next 10 years.
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't knock them but I don't wanna date anymore too much headache IME. They don't understand the child is going to present problems itself no matter how good of a parent or how good of a child they have (only one had a bebe kid). Can't do ? sometimes, can't go places on the spur of the moment, ? just makes the relationship stale IMO and I'm sorry if you really diggin the mother you are GONNA HAVE to spend money and time on the child and that opens a whole can because sometimes you end up liking thje kids more than the mother lol. man it's just too much unneccssary ? to deal with but finding a chick my age without a kidf is like hittin the lotto so.... You got to ready to deal with alot of ? you can't control that's for sure.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited March 2010
    Options

May not be, but the problem most of them can't understand is, why would a man with no kids and no baggage spend his hard earned money on another man's kid? especially if the mother had the kid with a loser, which is usually the case...
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not all single mothers are bad.

Butit's all circumstancial.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options

^^^ this

sometimes I wonder where the folks on here meet these women....
  • Dupac
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't knock them but I don't wanna date anymore too much headache IME. They don't understand the child is going to present problems itself no matter how good of a parent or how good of a child they have (only one had a bebe kid). Can't do ? sometimes, can't go places on the spur of the moment, ? just makes the relationship stale IMO and I'm sorry if you really diggin the mother you are GONNA HAVE to spend money and time on the child and that opens a whole can because sometimes you end up liking thje kids more than the mother lol. man it's just too much unneccssary ? to deal with but finding a chick my age without a kidf is like hittin the lotto so.... You got to ready to deal with alot of ? you can't control that's for sure.

May not be, but the problem most of them can't understand is, why would a man with no kids and no baggage spend his hard earned money on another man's kid? especially if the mother had the kid with a loser, which is usually the case...

ok, but how soon are they doing this?

i mean did u read the stoy i posted?

i'm talking about 6 years of knowing a female, and 2 years of secretly dating, before he was introduced to her daughter as her boyfriend....
    is even this scenario un reasonable?
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited March 2010
    Options
    alot of the same ? that go hard on single mothers will be excursively dating single mothers in the next 10 years.

Not exactly. A lot of brothas are beginning to "wake" up to the games of single mothers, and seek better options. The awakening is slow, but it's coming....
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited March 2010
    Options

Well, I have a kid and me and my S/O are trying to work things out. So I cant answer that, since its my kid.

But if a dude chooses loves a woman he accepts her for who she is. And if she is a mother, he accepts that too.

With that said, I never dated a single mom, so im just guessing.
    14325 Members Posts: 47
    edited March 2010
    Options

But nobody is forcing you to date and marry a single mother.
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not exactly. A lot of brothas are beginning to "wake" up to the games of single mothers, and seek better options. The awakening is slow, but it's coming....

Perhaps.

But once you hit 30+ and you want to date women your age, expect them to have at least one kid.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^^^ this

sometimes I wonder where the folks on here meet these women....

But if these single mothers are so "good", why are they single mothers?
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But if these single mothers are so "good", why are they single mothers?

Guys cut out on parenthood all the time...
  • SupermanBauce
    SupermanBauce Members Posts: 391
    edited March 2010
    Options
    if theyre under 21 then i dont look their way
    if theyre between 21-25 and they kid aint in the 3rd grade+, then i wanna know what happened
    if theyre 25+ then im prolly just tryna ? , so we'll see where it goes

thats how it goes in da hood
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited March 2010
    Options
    14325 wrote: »
    But nobody is forcing you to date and marry a single mother.

I don't. I got a beautiful child free woman at home that does all the things a woman should do....