Investment Folder?!

Options
BlackRoses
BlackRoses Members Posts: 407
edited April 2010 in Strictly Business
I have family members who do well with the Stock Market, investments, and etc. So I've decided that I'm willing to give it a try and build me an investment folder as well. The meeting is next Wednesday...What kind of questions should I ask?

Comments

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    see this is strictly business forum material SMH & LOL
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    First determine how much money are willing to lose. then make sure you have all of your financial pyramid filled out. YOu need to have all of your daily, monthly and yearly expenses taken care of. all of your backup saving up to par and then try to calculate how much you will need to retirement and at what age your want to do it.

No periods just "and"
  • blakfyahking
    edited March 2010
    Options
    damn ya'll complicating the ? out of investing...a lot of times you don't even need all that

just take some extra money and get ya feet wet
  • blakfyahking
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Kimi wrote: »
    But you need to know the basics, in order to get started. You have to know how much you are willing to invest, and what type of investments you want to make. People don't have time to just throw their money into just anything. You want to know where your money is going, how long it's going to be invested and how much the money is going to gain from interest.... It's good to know as much as you can, which is why learning the basics is so important.

not necessarily........cause define basics LOL

that can be a whole lot for a newbie

you basically need to figure how much you got, and then figure out how much time you want to spend getting involved in making ya money work

most people are discouraged from investing because it seems too complicated at first glance, so just learning the "basics" can be overwhelming

if anybody is serious about investing, they should start with a couple of simple goals in mind.....then they can start educating themselves on all the different investments out there