What cell phone should I be checking for?

Options
2»

Comments

• defjamrapstar
    defjamrapstar Members Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Jay107 wrote: »
    iPhone hands down....too many applications to name...you can do anything with that phone...i dont think i will ever own any other phone so long as they keep updating it

You'll just have to wait a few years for every website to switch over to HTML5 so you can watch video on the web.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I got AT&T and my friend was telling me to wait for that Samsung Galaxy S
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    except view flash, and make an app using anything but objective c

TS look for all things droid. Droid is about to murk the smart phone indusrty

agreed

• traestar
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Samsung Galaxy S
    100323-galaxyspr-g01.jpg
    100323-galaxyspr-g03.jpg
    100323-galaxyspr-g05.jpg
    10x0603iuob141ll.jpg
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ^^^^^^ All those top of the line features and the phone doesnt even have a flash....smh...

Getwitcha
  • traestar
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ^^^^^^ All those top of the line features and the phone doesnt even have a flash....smh...

Getwitcha

thats the only downside really
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited June 2010
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    thats the only downside really

True, but something like that is enough to make me not want it. That makes no sense at all. A flash should be basic.

Getwitcha
  • traestar
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I should've responded sooner, but I'm not going to be using camera on my phone anyway!
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I should've responded sooner, but I'm not going to be using camera on my phone anyway!

I agree, and i rarely use mine either, but its always something that just happens at night every now and then, and then you see other people pop out there old @$$ flip phones and take better pictures than your latest and greatest. Thats why i was saying it should be standard. I do see that they have a galaxy s pro that has a flash and a keyboard.

Getwitcha
  • traestar
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I agree, and i rarely use mine either, but its always something that just happens at night every now and then, and then you see other people pop out there old @$$ flip phones and take better pictures than your latest and greatest. Thats why i was saying it should be standard. I do see that they have a galaxy s pro that has a flash and a keyboard.

Getwitcha

o ok the Pro has it thats good. Idda know why they didn't just make that standard either
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thanks for everyone that dropped comments on the thread I ended up going with the ETC evo for Sprint and that joint is off the chain. Glad I didn't rush to make a decision and go out and buy the first thing I seen. Had this joint a few weeks and still finding new stuff on there. Android >>>>>>>>>>
  • traestar
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Honestly 4G is Godly!! So you got a good phone!! My phone was just announced July 18th release!

Samsung-Captivate-1.jpg
    http://thegadgets.net/technology-news/samsung-captivate-already-arrived-at-att-stores/
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    verizon - Motorola Droid. best phone i ever owned. physical keyboard. 16 Gb micro sd, huge screen, the majoirity of apps that you would use are free [or can be found]. huge touchscreen. many features.

moto_droid_20091029.jpg

I started to break my contract for a Droid but glad I waited. not really impressed by slide out keyboard b/c my fingers are too big. i stay hitting the wrong keys...SMH
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Android phones stay winning

this is true
    ethos wrote: »
    Can't wait for this phone. My years of staying loyal to Sprint have paid off, lol. ? ' with the HTC Pro atm, but will cop that Evo 4g soon as it drops and where I live (Raleigh) is 4g capable already. :tu

Beyond the 4g (which you can make up to 8 devices faster with your phone)
    Android 2.1
    8MP Camera in back, 1.3 in front
    8gb microSD included, expandable up to 32gb
    HDMI output
    Camcorder videos taking in 720P
    Snapdragon 1ghz processor
    4.3" TFT LCD screen
    Plus more..

Hope it releases early summer and not late summer (rumored to be released before June 6th). My phone needs to be replaced atm.. But think I might do that instead of waiting since not sure of when it's dropping.. The only negative IMO is that it doesn't have a slide out keyboard which I'm used to but my HTC Pro keyboard hasn't been working for like 2 months so I think I'll be fine without..

sprint_HTC_evo_4g1-300x261.jpg

Word? All these years I've been in Raleigh I didnt know they were picked for 4G. Might be enough to make me leave Verizon for Sprint.
    TANGLUNG wrote: »
    I’m looking at the HTC Incredible for Verizon.

I was just about to get one of those joints until I heard about the Droid X from Motorola. Imma wait until the 15th to see it in person b4 I buy one, but its def 1 of those 2.
  • traestar
    edited July 2010
    Options
    WOO, The Captivate is something serious!! And I'm not even started yet!
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    What about the Aria Vs Captivate? Aria has tethering, Captivate doesn't. I messed around with the Captivate in the store and it was slower than the Aria, the major sites are ranking Captivate higher, but the users rate Aria higher. Anyone got either? Let me know..

[HTML]http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=2804&id[]=2695&id[]=&id[]=&id[]=
    [/HTML]
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I got a Blackberry Curve.

I cant ? with all this slipping sliding touch screen ? .

Me neither, but ? just came out with that new droid.....? looks monstrous...AND I got that free upgrade on deck right now lol
  • traestar
    edited July 2010
    Options
    What about the Aria Vs Captivate? Aria has tethering, Captivate doesn't. I messed around with the Captivate in the store and it was slower than the Aria, the major sites are ranking Captivate higher, but the users rate Aria higher. Anyone got either? Let me know..

[HTML]http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=2804&id[]=2695&id[]=&id[]=&id[]=
    [/HTML]

?? I love the Captivate, and it has tethering
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ?? I love the Captivate, and it has tethering

Thanks, I read on phone scoop it didn't, maybe I read it wrong, but since it does, I will probably cop that one.
  • traestar
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Thanks, I read on phone scoop it didn't, maybe I read it wrong, but since it does, I will probably cop that one.

I'm reading from the AT&T forum and it's definitely possible but you have to make sure you set it up with the company!!

you can do it by setting up with your USB settings in the application settings
  • g_truth
    g_truth Members Posts: 59
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Android is GOAT
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited August 2010
    Options
    g_truth wrote: »
    Android is GOAT

2.2 coming tomorrow for the EVO...YESSIRR

Getwitcha
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I come back to make a public service announcement.

HTC Evo is the truth.. Best phone on the market.

That is all..