Pete Rock Teams with Tek and Steel of Smif N Wessun for 'Monumental' (28.06.2011)

Options
The 3mcee
The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
edited June 2011 in The Essence
The legendary producer Pete Rock is teaming up with hip hop veterans Tek and Steel of Smif N Wessun to create the album "Monumental". This collaboration is most definitely a Monumental occurrence that I for one am looking forward too. The first single of the album is "HARD" featuring Styles P & Sean P. Below is the song for your hearing pleasure.

Comments

• The 3mcee
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    This is damn hot

good to hear somethin with a real kick drum
    tired of 808s to be honest

Yeah man ain't nothing like Boom Bap my dude. Pete Rock got a lot of classics and Smif N Wessun aka Cocoa Brovas got so good music from back in the day also. Look those cats up if you are not on them already.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Great track, never been the biggest Smif N Wessun fan (although I know they have their following), but definitely a big fan of Pete Rock... looking forward to listening to this :tu

Styles P is guest appearing everywhere lately, great to hear him on that track as well.

Props on the drop :tu Edited the title so it's more informative, just trying to keep The Essence looking like the old I.C. which is more attainable here... I remember my threads being deleted back in 2004 if they had a rubbish name, that's what it's about to me...
  • The 3mcee
    edited June 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Great track, never been the biggest Smif N Wessun fan (although I know they have their following), but definitely a big fan of Pete Rock... looking forward to listening to this :tu

Styles P is guest appearing everywhere lately, great to hear him on that track as well.

Props on the drop :tu Edited the title so it's more informative, just trying to keep The Essence looking like the old I.C. which is more attainable here... I remember my threads being deleted back in 2004 if they had a rubbish name, that's what it's about to me...

Thanks for fixing it up but I guess not to many people really rock with these cats like that. Yeah Styles P is everywhere these days it seems
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yea im gonna cop this ? tomorrow been waiting on this.
  • The 3mcee
    edited June 2011
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    yea im gonna cop this ? tomorrow been waiting on this.

I hope we get that ? here in AK tomorrow
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It was shipping early via UGHH a few days ago, props on your posts 3mcee. I'll reply after work :tu
  • checkmate3
    checkmate3 Members Posts: 90
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This is hiphop ? .......u sleepin' if u don't have this. ? complain about the ? thats out right now. COP THIS ? !!
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Options
    checkmate3 wrote: »
    This is hiphop ? .......u sleepin' if u don't have this. ? complain about the ? thats out right now. COP THIS ? !!

haha what tracks are you enjoying the most?
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Great track im gonna check this out when i get the time.

good looking out 3mcee
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    copped it on itunes, not even gon ruin it for some of ya’ll.
    But high hopes of "monumental" production and rhymes should be a banded :(
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    copped it on itunes, not even gon ruin it for some of ya’ll.
    But high hopes of "monumental" production and rhymes should be a banded :(

... that doesn't sound like good feedback?

As for the album release party:
    Last night, the release party for Pete Rock and Smif-N-Wessun’s new album Monumental turned ugly. According to eyewitness reports, fans enjoyed the show at Tammany Hall in New York City, New York when, following the show, policemen attacked several patrons outside the club.

Though it is unknown what sparked the scuffle, UK DJ/Presented Jay Diamond released a video, posted below, explaining what went down and showing footage from the scene.

“There was a fight outside the club and it got really nasty. We had no idea what was going on in the club, like absolutely no idea,” she said. “Everything just shut down and we were told to make our way out the building, and as we did so, mace was thrown into the building. [...] Bascially all the NYPD turned up and ? up Pete Rock’s wife, is what I heard, and his daughter in the car. There were artists on the floor being battered, women being battered. [...] Instead of talking, trying to get people to move, they were saying, ‘? off! Get off the block!’”

Several artists have commented on what transpired. HipHopDX will keep you updated.

UPDATE: According to The Lo-Down, six patrons were arrested and charged with various offenses last night including disorderly conduct, assaulting an officer and inciting a riot. At least five police officers were injured with cuts and a broken nose.

NYPD arrived on the scene after club security called for help with a fight that broke out during the show. Upon arriving, cops found a large crowd and arrested one person for disorderly conduct. The patron struck one officer in the face and broke his front tooth.

Inside the club, patrons said the concert was "peaceful" and that officers used pepper spray to clear the scene.

News from HipHopDX.com

----

SMH.