Anybody ever taken diet pills?

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Also you gotta take into consideration on what it can do to your body reproductively.. and what not.... like i said hard work is more rewarding. but heart attacks ? .
  • knivez
    knivez Members Posts: 57
    edited March 2010
    tried them when i was in college trying to lose some weight. i think it was hydroxycut. ? was awful. i eventually stopped taking them cuz i hated the feeling it gave me after i downed one. and i had to do it 3 or 4 times a day. ? that.

its not really needed. you can supress your appetite by yourself. the first week, especially the first few days will be hard but eventually your body adjusts to the new diet and your cravings disappear. my maintenance was around 2800. to lose weight it had to be 2300 or so. ive supressed to the point where i barely get at 2000 cals without even trying. sometimes i fall short. but the cravings i used to have are gone. i think the pills are for those people who just don't want to fight it for that first week or so. but if it works for you then thats cool.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Have you started them yet?

Yep..been taking them for about 4 days.

I like them, you only have to take 2 in the morning and it gives you energy all day.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    kat2180 wrote: »

I like them, you only have to take 2 in the morning and it gives you energy all day.
    So does that mean we will see an update in the weight loss competition thread soon?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited March 2010

Congrats, you've now ruined your insides
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Kat been neglecting me :(

But anyway my homegirl took hydroxycut and she lost mad weight in like a month. My dr told me I can't take any of that because it speeds ur heartrate up something terrible and my body ain't equipped for all that. i'll have a heart attack, i know it lol.
  • kat2180
    edited March 2010
    WallH wrote: »
    So does that mean we will see an update in the weight loss competition thread soon?

? ..I hope so! I weigh every Saturday morning so we'll see how it looks this Saturday.
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Do you notice a raise in the intensity of your workouts yet? or do you think it's all just mental?

Has your thirst for water increased as well? (Please answer this one)

I've noticed my workouts are getting easier so I'm able to step it up, but I don't know if it's the pills or if it's just that I'm building strength because I've been working out regularly. I do know that I don't get to the gym until 8pm and I work out for at least an hour and a half and I'm still not exhausted when I get home. They're definitely helping with the energy, which was my main reasoning for wanting to take them.

My water intake has increased like crazy. I think I had to go ? at work at least 6 times the first day I took them.
    Kat been neglecting me :(

But anyway my homegirl took hydroxycut and she lost mad weight in like a month. My dr told me I can't take any of that because it speeds ur heartrate up something terrible and my body ain't equipped for all that. i'll have a heart attack, i know it lol.

I had the same thought about you a couple nights ago..:( That damn Supes! lol
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Yea....he ruined us :( Imma get back though!!! Lemme know when you're online and we'll chat :) I got a new aim name too so I get on there, I don't ever get on my other name anymore.
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited March 2010
    I've never felt any difference on a diet pill- no heart rate change, energy, nothing. It kind of makes me mad.
  • 100%Sag
    100%Sag Members Posts: 294
    edited September 2010
    Has anyone tried OXY ELITE PRO?

The guy at GNC told me these are the most effective pills on the market right now, and the reviews online are pretty good too. So I bought them, and I've taken them for 3 days now and I feel nothing.

I have the highest tolerance because I can never find anything that makes my heart pump, or raises my temperature, or anything. And it's making me mad.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    yup i tried hydroxycut and man, that ? had me bouncin off walls forreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I used to use Lipo-6 w/o any problems. I then later switched to Hydroxycut ? . I had to stop...esp after I'd read that people were having liver and all other kinds of health problems due to using Hydroxycut. The last time I used them, they made my heart race (literally) and made my chest feel all tight. Even after I tried to go back to Lipo-6, I had the same problems. I haven't touched either since 2008. Needless to say, I threw those things in the trash and haven't rocked with them ever since.

I would say be careful if u do insist on using these or any other diet pills. Most of them AREN'T regulated by the FDA.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    100%Sag wrote: »
    Has anyone tried OXY ELITE PRO?

The guy at GNC told me these are the most effective pills on the market right now, and the reviews online are pretty good too. So I bought them, and I've taken them for 3 days now and I feel nothing.

I have the highest tolerance because I can never find anything that makes my heart pump, or raises my temperature, or anything. And it's making me mad.

You went wrong here. They get commission if I'm not mistaken. Havent been to GNC in years for supplements.
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited September 2010
    naw diet pills made me more hungry i just eat whatever i wanna eat any time i dont eat after 8 and i workout of some sort everyday swimming/ running /walking/ my weight varys depending on how i feel about it i never go over 175 and never fall bellow 160...
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited September 2010
    kai_valya wrote: »
    diet pills are very dangerous. there's a reason that they aren't regulated by the FDA. this stuff will mess wit your heart, many of them are just legalized speed. other than taking vitamin supplements, i'm not putting any of that poison in my body. stimulant based pills can be habit forming. diet pills are a huge part of the obesity problem because it throws your metabolism off, and it's only so much yo-yoing your metabolism can do before it's destroyed completely. there are no short cuts to getting in shape and healthy, and it's kinda counter-productive to use a harmful product to make you a healthy weight. don't go near this stuff, there's nothing a diet pill can do that a little more exercise or a more restricted diet wouldn't accomplish. this is the microwave generation tho.

co-sign just dont eat late and workout everything else falls in place..
  • kat2180
    edited September 2010
    I'm about to go to the diet doctor. They give you the pills and a B-12 shot for $100.

I know lots of chicks that have lost weight off that.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I'm about to go to the diet doctor. They give you the pills and a B-12 shot for $100.

I know lots of chicks that have lost weight off that.

It's about your diet Kat and doing some interval cardio. Your waisting your money on this stuff. All this stuff does is boost what you are already doing. I have taken pure Ephedra, ephedra stacked, clenbuturol, dren, animal cuts, L Carnitine and many more but without the work out's I wouldn't have lost so much weight. I work at a health club on the weekends and even with sales goals I still tell people what I just told you.
  • kat2180
    edited September 2010
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    It's about your diet Kat and doing some interval cardio. Your waisting your money on this stuff. All this stuff does is boost what you are already doing. I have taken pure Ephedra, ephedra stacked, clenbuturol, dren, animal cuts, L Carnitine and many more but without the work out's I wouldn't have lost so much weight. I work at a health club on the weekends and even with sales goals I still tell people what I just told you.

I'm going to workout regardless, this is just for a boost so I can lose weight faster.
  • J-GUTTA
    edited September 2010
    I'm going to workout regardless, this is just for a boost so I can lose weight faster.

That's cool if that's what your doing. How much do you want to lose? Because there is a combination of stuff that makes you drop madd weight that they sell at the gym I can write it down tonight and you can research it to see if it will work for you. All of the products together will run you about $70 but you'll lose at least 10 lbs. If you were in Chicago I could give you some Ephedra that's what I'm about to get back on.

edit

what's your diet like because that's 60% of your results. Protein? Multi Vitamins?
  • kat2180
    edited September 2010
    That's cool if that's what your doing. How much do you want to lose? Because there is a combination of stuff that makes you drop madd weight that they sell at the gym I can write it down tonight and you can research it to see if it will work for you. All of the products together will run you about $70 but you'll lose at least 10 lbs. If you were in Chicago I could give you some Ephedra that's what I'm about to get back on.

edit

what's your diet like because that's 60% of your results. Protein? Multi Vitamins?

Didn't they take Ephedra off the market?

I want to lose about 25 to 30lbs.

I know my diet is really what's stopping me. I attempt to watch what I eat, but I ? up all the time.
  • J-GUTTA
    edited September 2010
    Didn't they take Ephedra off the market?

I want to lose about 25 to 30lbs.

I know my diet is really what's stopping me. I attempt to watch what I eat, but I ? up all the time.

Yes they did take it off the market.....

When I gave up soda I lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks, diet is so big. I only have 1 cheat meal a month but I've lost 65 lbs in 13 months. Take a low carb protein and put some multi vitamin and ....25, 30 lbs from where?
  • 100%Sag
    edited September 2010

You can get Ephedra? How?

My dad lives in Chicago. I want some.
  • J-GUTTA
    edited September 2010
    100%Sag wrote: »
    You can get Ephedra? How?

My dad lives in Chicago. I want some.

I'm Latino I can get anything

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 100%Sag
    edited September 2010
    I'm Latino I can get anything

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice... I'll be getting at you soon about that.