Reason or Logic?? help me out!!

Options
7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
edited June 2011 in Fresh Produce
ok i just upgraded everything.. got a macbook a fantom etc but i want to start using a new daw and i want to use it with this fantom so whats better reason or logic? i will be doing mostly producing? which has better drums/sounds??

Comments

• money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Get both. Each one has its advantages.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    idk.... and i dont think the fantom works in reason
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Is this really a ? question?

Logic > Reason

mannnnnn this logic hard as hell to use!! smh
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If I had a Mac, I'd definitely use Logic and then get Reason later if I couldn't buy both at the same time. I currently use Reason/Record and sample in some sounds from my Triton. Love the quickness of being able to toss something together. Reason was the closest thing to making beats on a keyboard which I started doing 12 years ago.
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Reason rewired to logic is pretty much an ultimate set up..
  • mtpbeats.com
    mtpbeats.com Members Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I would also recommend you to get both. I work with Reason and Pro Tools, which is great, too. Actually I think all of this DAWs, no matter if Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Pro Tools whatever are great. First of all its just a matter of getting used to the workflow. I myself after years of Pro Tools can use it with closed eyes. Sometimes in other studios I have to work with Logic, which I like too very much, but as Im not so used to it always takes me longer to figure out how I can do what I wanna do.

But no matter how much I love Pro Tools, there are some things I miss, for example an offline bounce or a possibility to bounce single tracks in kinda batch function. Just had do bounce the single tracks of a song yesterday, it literally takes an eternity, I hate that. So you see each program has its advantages and some small things that could be better.

Logic Pro comes with a pretty big database with sounds though I think.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    so far im going with logic... it came with the mac.. but im having a hard ass time hooking up my fantom to it. to use the sounds.. does anyone know how to do this? id appreciate the help!!
  • mtpbeats.com
    mtpbeats.com Members Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well you ll need an interface then with midi in/out (or has it usb? I dont know) and you ll need 2 audio inputs in that interface.

Connect midi out from the fantom to midi in of the interface (to trigger from fantom to mac) and midi in from fatom to midi out of the interface (to trigger back from logic to tha fantom). Connect Left and Right output of the fantom to 2 channels of your interface.

Then Im not sure how to do in logic but what you will need in general is a midi track where you chose the interface's midi in/out and a stereo audiotrack connected to the inputs with the fantom on it. Activate the rec mode of the audio track and hit a key on the fantom.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the fantom g has a audio interface built in. and it has a usb. ive been working alll week on youtube and google trying to figure out this ish!! but im gonna try what you said. thanks!!