Call Me MISTER

Options
ms.jones
ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Hello and Good Morning/Afternoon All,

I was sent this email by a colleague of mine. Please pass this information on to a Black Male you may think has an interest in this program. 4 year program that is paid for, and he will be doing something for the betterment of our future..what more could you ask for? :-) The link and the numbers are good. I checked them out myself before posting this.

Black Male Teachers

Do you know any Black males who are seniors in high school who want to go to college out of state for "FREE" ? Several Black Colleges are looking for future black male teachers and will send them to universities/colleges for 4 years FREE .

The 'Call Me MISTER' program is an effort to address the critical shortage of African American male teachers particularly among South Carolina 's lowest performing public schools . Program participants are selected from among under-served, socio-economically disadvantaged and educationally at-risk communities .

The program is a collaboration between Clemson University and four historically black colleges in South Carolina : Benedict College , Claflin University , Morris College and South Carolina State University .

The project provides:
Tuition for admitted students pursuing approved programs of study at participating colleges .
An academic support system to help assure their success . . A cohort system for social and cultural support .

Visit http://www.callmemister.clemson.edu/index.htm for more details and the online application or call (800) 640-2657 .

PLEASE FORWARD