Monica- Still Standing (in stores today)

Options
marie addams
marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
monica-still-standing-1.jpg

just an fyi

I haven't heard it and I have no links to offer, support real r&b

Comments

• Mr. R&B
    Mr. R&B Members Posts: 80
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Being a huge fan of Monica's since she came out, I had to go purchase this in stores and support her. :cool:

However, I do have a link if anyone wants to download it.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i got it last night...its alright so far. i feel like its missing a few songs that i wanted to see go to the album from the show

so far my favorite song is 'here i am'
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    is rocko on the album
  • Mr. R&B
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm actually obsessed with One In A Lifetime.

Fire!
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I read at mediatakeout.com that she's on pace to sell 200k 1st week. That's damn good for someone who has been away from the game for a minute & when she was around she got modest props for her work compared to Brandy. I've always liked her stuff more than Brandy's. This is definitely a good look for her & RnB!
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i got this cd for my brawd she loves the CD go cop it worth the money
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'll be picking this one up...I was impressed with "Everything to Me".
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's a decent album. I'm glad she left that crunk ? and made strictly R&B record. First half of the album is great, the 2nd must grow a bit in me.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Mr. R&B wrote: »
    Being a huge fan of Monica's since she came out, I had to go purchase this in stores and support her. :cool:

However, I do have a link if anyone wants to download it.

drop the link???
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ima have to scoop them albums up monday
  • marie addams
    edited April 2010
    Options
    she came in number 2 with 183,766 copies-which is better than i expected so congrats to her. :tu
  • R.D.
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • duckmanpig
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol she lost out to justin beiber... Theyre basically labelmates i think (monica's still on jive rite?) so props to both of em...
  • Mr. R&B
    edited April 2010
    Options
    duckmanpig wrote: »
    Lol she lost out to justin beiber... Theyre basically labelmates i think (monica's still on jive rite?) so props to both of em...
    Monica is on J Records (same as Alicia Keys, D'Angelo, Mario etc.). Justin Bieber is on Island (same as Babyface, Jay Sean, Mariah Carey).
  • TMonroe
    TMonroe Members Posts: 73
    edited April 2010
    Options
    duckmanpig wrote: »

Monica's label admitted that if they had not undershipped her CD (because they thought she wasn't going to sell), she would've beaten Justin and gotten the number 1 spot. And besides, not being number 1 doesn't mean she lost to anything. Hell, most artist who are bigger than she is can't even a get a number 2 album in the country. Let alone sell what she did in her first week. And that's good for a pretty much all R&B record. Monica is now over the 200k mark with her second week sales. And if she continues to sell like she is, she'll be goo on gold or platinum.
  • duckmanpig
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tmonroe wrote: »
    monica's label admitted that if they had not undershipped her cd (because they thought she wasn't going to sell), she would've beaten justin and gotten the number 1 spot. And besides, not being number 1 doesn't mean she lost to anything. Hell, most artist who are bigger than she is can't even a get a number 2 album in the country. Let alone sell what she did in her first week. And that's good for a pretty much all r&b record. Monica is now over the 200k mark with her second week sales. And if she continues to sell like she is, she'll be goo on gold or platinum.

i hope so. She deserves it
  • inia
    inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TMonroe wrote: »
    Monica's label admitted that if they had not undershipped her CD (because they thought she wasn't going to sell), she would've beaten Justin and gotten the number 1 spot. And besides, not being number 1 doesn't mean she lost to anything. Hell, most artist who are bigger than she is can't even a get a number 2 album in the country. Let alone sell what she did in her first week. And that's good for a pretty much all R&B record. Monica is now over the 200k mark with her second week sales. And if she continues to sell like she is, she'll be goo on gold or platinum.
    Damn I didn't know that her label ? it up like that. But you're right. She's doing great. Gotta respect her longevity as an R&B artist. It's a tough times for many musicians out there, esp. for R&B artists who do "traditional R&B".
  • marie addams
    edited April 2010
    Options
    as soon as amazon brings that price down i will officially cop
  • EmRoseLA
    EmRoseLA Members Posts: 12
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Anyone see the pic of her and Brandy from Twitter? Lovin it
  • R.D.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bump

After a year and some change, this album still is great

Tempted to call it a flawless album and didnt get the love it deserved
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Eh..not a huge fan of Monica's voice as I've gotten older. I used to love her songs, but something about her voice grates on my nerves.
  • R.D.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    Eh..not a huge fan of Monica's voice as I've gotten older. I used to love her songs, but something about her voice grates on my nerves.

did you listen to her last cd ?