Tonedeff and the QN5 Label.

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in The Essence
Ive been following them since Tonedeff released Archetype. I thought they were really about to get major for a second there on the underground scene but then they all disapeared. CunninLynguists blew up but i know they started theyre own label APOS music, while they still work with Tonedeff i dont see him anywhere else. Chico and The man (Album produced by Kno) was supposed to drop years ago but never happened. Whats your fave Qn5 artist? or favorite album?

Comments

• just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Fav. Rapper: Tonedeff
    Fav. producer: Kno
    Fav. Album: SoutherUnderground, but depends on the my mood, APOS, Death Is Silent, Archetype its all pure dopeness.

i wanna check out more Mr. SOS
  • walekilla
    walekilla Members Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    For real? Damn you been missing out like a ? cause QN5 have been all over MTV, BET, touring, and been releasing some of the best hip hop of the 00's since.

RE: Tonedeff just dropped this limited edition CD of everything he's done from 2005-2010:
    td_ckc_cover_5x4_300-284x284.jpg

And since Archetype, the whole crew's been dropping stellar (aside from the obvious CunninLynguists classics):

PackFM dropped 2 amazing albums including this one:
    blg_fm_ifhr_cvr-284x284.jpg

Substantial dropped his sophomore album and an EP:
    sacrifice-284x284.jpg

Mr. SOS dropped this future classic and has a new one on the way in a couple months
    blg_sos_hiltswaltb-284x284.jpg

and their new artist Kokayi is amazing, he just dropped Robots & Dinosaurs

Not to mention their group projects like Asterisk:Four & Baby Blue For Pink

All of this stuff is up on QN5.com. All the artists post there and put news up daily. Don't sleep.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited June 2011
    ^ awesome thanks i got the I ? Hate Rappers and the Robots and Dinosaurs albums, love me some substansial and i just found that compilation of tonedeff. props for the SOS and other PackFM tho. ill peep the website more for now on haha.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Nice post WaleKilla. You related to QN5 music group or just a big fan signing up to the site? Either way, good to have you.

As for QN5, they've miffed me off with Chico & The Man. I was a friend of theirs on myspace and that was a long time ago now. They still seem to think it'll drop, but in the meantime having an emcee like Tonedeff just waiting around seems all around bad management of the artists or an artist who can do it on features but struggles with albums. I believe it's the first.

I saw CunninLynguists live with Pack Fm about two months ago, they've also been an artist of the month if you check the essence essentials although I know posters replying in this thread won't need to check them out.

Anyways, CunninLynguists are my favourite group along with CYNE. So Deacon's my favourite emcee and KNO my favourite producer out of the QN5 camp. Good thread and yeah, that Tonedeff mix was available last week via his fb status but I didn't order it. I want Chico and The Man!!!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Oh and that Substantial is nice too. I preferred him with Nujabes though.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited June 2011
    Substansial and Nujabes were the ? together. i hear a compilation of nujabes newer stuff is gonna drop eventually. hope to see substansial on some tracks
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Substansial and Nujabes were the ? together. i hear a compilation of nujabes newer stuff is gonna drop eventually. hope to see substansial on some tracks

You got a link to that info? I hope so too, he's reppin' the tributes really nicely, I hope the release is worldwide too and not just in Japan. We need to see his collection in a nice collectors box, he's deserving of that.