As I Imagine the Devil Laughing...

Options
alissowack
alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
This is just something I wrote. It's long and possibly wack...here it goes.

As the devil laughs, he does so with a sense of hope that maybe ? 's Truth-streak is about to come to an end; that maybe the Good Book has told a lie. He looks about into the world and sees ? 's Favorite Creation running around blind as he boasts to himself. *He has gone after the world deceiving in two ways. They seem contrary to the human eye but he's glad he's not human. *Mankind either believes he exist or he doesn't exist. *In either case he more than fine with the results.

If no one believes he exist, this is where it becomes easy. *Though moral corruption is one way to go, he doesn't have to play that card. He doesn't have to breed murderers and thieves and drunks and sex addicts anymore...or as much as he use to. He can make man morally good...and it has become more evident as many religious people fall short of what people can do without religion. He can give man charitable attributes, success, prosperity and long life and it will not dampen his spirits. He just chuckles as the way the evidence even proves he doesn't exist. He plays the technological advances to his advantage...and the religious folks just don't have an answer...Marvelous!!! Thank ? for the sciences!!!

Now if people believe he exist, he has to work a little bit for now man is at least in the outskirts of finding out...even though no one can truly know until that supposed appointed time. Still, the work is not heavy for now all he has to do let man use their imagination...pretty much like what the writer of this tidbit is doing...the more perspectives the better. His number one favorite is how he is pictured as the red, pitched-fork-carrying beast that does bad things. He's also grown fond of the devil worshippers out there giving all types of sacrifices in his name. Though a part of him would love to really show whom they are following, he lets it ride. It really gets hysterical as even people, places and things are being considered worthy of his title. The religious folks are pointing fingers at their accused and the devil is behind the sanctuary curtain snickering. Ha!!! This is way too easy!!! And he almost comes close to blowing his cover as the religious get caught up in scandalous activities...just to be sarcastic...Yes, preacher man I did make you do it...Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!

The devil is enjoying what he has done and is thinking that he is about to finally get a "W". Though the Good Book says he will never win, he can't seem to overcome his desire to prove that ? is wrong and that he will rise victorious. He keeps telling himself...I am winning!!!! I am winning!!!! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!

Comments

• needmorecash
    needmorecash Members Posts: 253
    edited June 2011
    Options
    cool read, i dont really have anything to add. .. made me think of two things. .
    bishop jakes tells a similiar story , think he calls it the greatest story on earth
    on how the Lord tricked the devil in killing Jesus, thus salvation . .

my grandma love to tell a joke about the devil in church crying. . .when everyone looked back and seen it was the devile acutally crying. they were puzzled. .. but then the devil explained he felt bad because man was always lieing on him..

think we give the devil too much credit but i feel you
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Have you ever read the screwtape letters?
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yes, I have read the Screwtape Letters. My post is somewhat inspired by it.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Funny, but I find it even more funny people really believe a devil exists.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Yes, I have read the Screwtape Letters. My post is somewhat inspired by it.

Cool, thought I'd suggest it if you hadn't :>
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If ? really exists and he is really the bible ? he could take away all the if's. That's a problem that has existed for as long as the Bible existed and man had questions about ? .