Usher's 'Raymond Vs Raymond'...

Options
Mr. R&B
Mr. R&B Members Posts: 80
edited April 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
MEH.

Was looking forward to this. Few good joints here and there, but nothing spectacular.

What y'all think?

Comments

• KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's a grower. This album sounds better with each time I listen to it. With that being said, it's still just OK.

The good: There Goes My Baby (one of the best things on here), Mars vs. Venus, Pro Lover, Lil' Freak, More
    The okay: Monstar, Hey Daddy (this really grew on me, I used to hate it), ? (ehh), Foolin' Around, Okay, Making Love
    The bad: She Don't Know (no substance. sounds like 1 continuous hook), Papers (NO), Guilty,
    The ugly: So Many Girls
  • supern0va_
    supern0va_ Members Posts: 214
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There Goes My Baby, Lil Freak, ? and Guilty are amazing imo. The rest were deleted. I think it's a step up from Here I Stand tho.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    supern0va_ wrote: »
    There Goes My Baby, Lil Freak, ? and Guilty are amazing imo. The rest were deleted. I think it's a step up from Here I Stand tho.

If you think this album is anything more that below average you must really dont ask to much from your music .
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dude hasnt been the same since confessions
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    is it safe to say usher fell off.........
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Moral of the story, R and B artist should never get married. You ? your fanbase and make poor quality music. See Bobby Brown, Usher,Babyface,etc
  • supern0va_
    supern0va_ Members Posts: 214
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    If you think this album is anything more that below average you must really dont ask to much from your music .

lol i only like 4 out of a dozen songs so i think it's safe to say I think the album is below average.
  • Mr. R&B
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think it's a step up from Here I Stand tho.
    I, actually, prefer Here I Stand.

Not to say that this is a bad album; on the contrary. I just think it's below average for Usher. He's better than this. I never saw him as the type that would follow everyone else and go the autotune route. Artists on his level should stay away from that annoying ? .

@KillaCham: You had the song 'More' on your leaked copy? Really? :confused:

My favorite songs: Monstar (probably my favorite), Hey Daddy (always loved it) and Making Love (Into The Night).

Good tracks: Lil Freak, Pro Lover and Okay.

Everything else is pretty forgettable.
  • Mrslim1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol i only like 4 out of a dozen songs so i think it's safe to say I think the album is below average.

I didnt mean to quote u last time , I was just making a general statement. But yea Usher has fallen off the map. He can sing and dance but thats about it . No writing ability or ability to play the instrument so we can be to surprised at him falling off. When you have to rely on songwriters you are bound to fall off in most cases
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I didnt mean to quote u last time , I was just making a general statement. But yea Usher has fallen off the map. He can sing and dance but thats about it . No writing ability or ability to play the instrument so we can be to surprised at him falling off. When you have to rely on songwriters you are bound to fall off in most cases

Tru.............
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Mr. R&B wrote: »
    @KillaCham: You had the song 'More' on your leaked copy? Really? :confused:
    Yeah, the very last track. *shrug*
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    When you have to rely on songwriters you are bound to fall off in most cases

true. do you know who he has writing on this album?
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Only songs I've really heard are Hey Daddy and There goes my baby and i like them songs. On the real, i really aint checkin for Usher anymore. Since confessions, he's been hit or miss with me
  • Mr. R&B
    edited March 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Yeah, the very last track. *shrug*
    That's odd.

The last track I have is 'Making Love (Into The Night)' and it's the grouprip release. 'More' didn't make the cut (check Amazon). Which rip you got?

As for Usher, I was never a fan. I do look forward to his albums, because the dude is up there in terms of male R&B vocalists and has put out some MEAN/classic songs. But that's as far as it goes.
  • Mrslim1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    true. do you know who he has writing on this album?

I dont know , but my guess its the usual cast of characters like Brian Michael ? etc. But it aint him. He may write 1 or to songs maybe. When you have to rely on writers you can only give them a idea of the sound u want instead of having your own sound coming from your mind and heart. Thats why R&B as a whole lacks passion in the music. Even Confessions , and album that had passion, JD was listening to Usher's phone convos so he could make more personal records.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    it was ok I deleted half the tracks though
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I dont know , but my guess its the usual cast of characters like Brian Michael ? etc. But it aint him. He may write 1 or to songs maybe. When you have to rely on writers you can only give them a idea of the sound u want instead of having your own sound coming from your mind and heart. Thats why R&B as a whole lacks passion in the music. Even Confessions , and album that had passion, JD was listening to Usher's phone convos so he could make more personal records.

apparently that's how JD wrote "U Make Me Wanna" for Usher...Usher was living w/ JD when he recorded My Way and JD would listen to his phone convo's w/o him knowing to find out how to make the records sound personal to Usher
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WTF i didnt know JD was that good of a song writer...
  • Mr. R&B
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Jermaine Dupri: One of my favorite R&B producers ever.
  • jennifer.bush*
    jennifer.bush* Members Posts: 551
    edited March 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    It's a grower. This album sounds better with each time I listen to it. With that being said, it's still just OK.

The good: There Goes My Baby (one of the best things on here), Mars vs. Venus, Pro Lover, Lil' Freak, More
    The okay: Monstar, Hey Daddy (this really grew on me, I used to hate it), ? (ehh), Foolin' Around, Okay, Making Love
    The bad: She Don't Know (no substance. sounds like 1 continuous hook), Papers (NO), Guilty,
    The ugly: So Many Girls

why ty , this post will now lead me to d/l the cd lol
  • MichaelOx
    MichaelOx Members Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this album is trash , no evolution from Usher as man ,this dude aint hungry no more , its hard to stay grounded with the success he had, now its dollar $ signs rolling ! Im not hating on the brother , he does have great talent ! But in my opinion he could do better , not that its easy to perform and maintain the level he reached !
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It will grow on you
  • inia
    inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Exactly...
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    InDRUpendence Day is way better I think, even though its like comparing apples and oranges.
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ill pass on this album just like i passed on here i stand