The Ultimate Face Off! Wolverine vs. Batman

Options

Comments

• robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    hmm, not sure what Image has to do with a Marvel/DC match up. What does Batman have in his arsenal that can do what many others much more powerful than Batman have tried to do unsuccessfully?

The better question would be what could he put in his arsenal?
    The issue here is location and details (whether they had time to plan, were they just dropped in savageland out the blue) this is necessary.
    Like I said given time batman can beat anyone. He beat up superman he can beat up wolverine. He'll find his weakness and exploit it.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? ....... seriously?
    Conditions of victory, People!
    death? knock out? submission? BFR?
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Knock out or death
    would be the only logical Conditions.
    Batman doesn't fight to ? but will if necessary.
    Wolverine doesn't stop at a K.O so whatever came first
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Death, Wolverine. K.O, either way unless the fight gets taken to a junkyard with the big magnet
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Batman wins, he's a better hand to hand fighter and despite the fact that Wolverine supposedly knows many styles, he doesn't use them much. Batman has many things he carries on him on a regular basis that can put out Wolverine, he can tie him up(Wolverine's not that strong to break out all the time, and Batman can leave him in a position where his claws are ineffective), he can freeze him, blow him up (KO him), hit him with his batmobile and run him over, or the bat jet, or some weapons he has to hurt heroes and villains like Manhunter, Wonder Woman, and Superman. Hell I heard he had c4 that can hurt Amazo, who's much stronger than superman.

Wolverine kinda sucks in a fight and once lost to Cyclops when he wasn't using his powers, and Batman>>>>>Cyclops hand to hand, so Batman can do the same.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    u ? trippin foh put these ? in an octagon, jungle or metropolitan area and the same result will be ? grayson getting a ? come up from bruce waynes will.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Fan Of Both Of Both But Realistically Logan Has The The Upperhand.....All It Takes Is One Slash Of The Claws And Bruce Wayne Joins His Parents....And You Dont Think A Dudes Who Has Been Fighting For Over A Century Can Land A Hit On Mere Mortal Like Batman Your A Delusional Fan Boy.....
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is easy, Wolverine is willing to do the one thing Batman won't do, ? . Unless you are killing Wolverine you are not beating Wolverine. Wolverine will win because he can and will ? Bats. All the gadgets and planning in the world won't help if he wakes up from a night of fighting and Wolverine is crouching on his bed post about to pop his claws into bruce's skull
  • DarkRaiden
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Fan Of Both Of Both But Realistically Logan Has The The Upperhand.....All It Takes Is One Slash Of The Claws And Bruce Wayne Joins His Parents....And You Dont Think A Dudes Who Has Been Fighting For Over A Century Can Land A Hit On Mere Mortal Like Batman Your A Delusional Fan Boy.....

He has trouble landing hits on Captain America, and ? CYCLOPS with no powers. He sucks. Batman knows almost every fighting style including ninjutsu and thus is a NINJA. Wolverine stands no chance. And no any hit won't do it, it'll take a few hits at vital spots.
    I Am Him wrote: »
    This is easy, Wolverine is willing to do the one thing Batman won't do, ? . Unless you are killing Wolverine you are not beating Wolverine. Wolverine will win because he can and will ? Bats. All the gadgets and planning in the world won't help if he wakes up from a night of fighting and Wolverine is crouching on his bed post about to pop his claws into bruce's skull

Yes gadgets like C4 that can hurt Superman can ko WOlverine for a long time. or something like a cage that can hold Superman can trap Wolverine. Batman has beaten Superman and the entire Justice League before, not to mention DarkSeid. And btw KO gas or drowning Wolverine works fine.
  • I Am Him
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't know how much Wolverine you've read before or read now, but his healing factor now adapts, so KO gas won't work more than once. Let's say Bats does manage to KO Wolverine with some gas or whatever, what is he gonna do when Wolverine wakes up? We all know Batman does not have the ? to ? (even people who ? his partner or leaves them crippled for the rest of their life). When Wolverine wakes up, he is gonna have Bruce's smell and track him back to his crib and the last thing Bruce is gonna hear is Snikt. Oh, before I forget, Wolverine does not have problems landing hits on Captain America, Cyclops, or anybody else. Check out Cap Annual #8, Old Man Logan, Enemy of the State and so on. Can we all agree that Batman does not beat DarkSeid? Bats would have died as soon as he steped in the place, and who can't beat Superman? All Wolvie has to do is just lace his claws with the green stuff or some magical enchantment. I have yet to see C4 hurt Superman by the way.
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If they made Marvel vs D.c comic game for 360...Wolverine vs. Batman would be kind of cool playing them. Combonation hit after hit up to 100 hit combo like Marvel vs. Comic 3?
    But in comics....Wolverine is nice with his claws.....and Batman with cape and gatgets! Cool match jumping around and throwing down.
  • DarkRaiden
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't know how much Wolverine you've read before or read now, but his healing factor now adapts, so KO gas won't work more than once. Let's say Bats does manage to KO Wolverine with some gas or whatever, what is he gonna do when Wolverine wakes up? We all know Batman does not have the ? to ? (even people who ? his partner or leaves them crippled for the rest of their life). When Wolverine wakes up, he is gonna have Bruce's smell and track him back to his crib and the last thing Bruce is gonna hear is Snikt. Oh, before I forget, Wolverine does not have problems landing hits on Captain America, Cyclops, or anybody else. Check out Cap Annual #8, Old Man Logan, Enemy of the State and so on. Can we all agree that Batman does not beat DarkSeid? Bats would have died as soon as he steped in the place, and who can't beat Superman? All Wolvie has to do is just lace his claws with the green stuff or some magical enchantment. I have yet to see C4 hurt Superman by the way.

Batman actually did ? Darkseid and with a gun of all things, so yes he beat him. He shouldn't I agree, but he did, and that proves he'll bend his rules for survival. And I've heard rumors of C4 that hurt Amazo who>Superman. And btw KO = win. So when Wolverine wakes up, he is informed he lost and that's it. To make it to the death is unfair since Batman doesn't ? if you do that you have to make Batman bloodlusted. And btw the fact still remains that Cyclops beat Wolverine hand to hand, no powers. That means he ain't touching Batman.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    metal skeleton...metal conducts electricity....

metal is also magnetic...

with that info, bats can take him down... but if they just bump into each other on the humble.. logan is far too savage, strong, and intense..

in all reality, logan before the skeleton bonding has a better chance IMO....
  • I Am Him
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the fact that you have to say it can't be to the death cause it's not fair to Batman, tells me that he will never win against anybody that actually wants to hurt him. at the end of the day, wolverine is a killer, batman is a crazy guy who happens to have lots of money and some smarts. i think batman is as cool as the next guy, but i think DC made a mistake by making him this unstoppable human. he is not the strongest, smartest, or best fighter in his world. now he can beat people that he knows nothing about in other worlds? really? how is he going to have the time to come up with a way to beat wolverine? is wolvie just going to let him stroll off and do whatever he wants, or is he going to track him wheverever he goes. wolverine has been in more battles and fights than anybody in both universes. he is not just dumb animal who slashes, he is the best at what he does. now i'm not saying wolverine can't be beat, there are plenty of people on the marvel and dc side that can take him down, but wolverine has fought the hulk to a standstill, i don't think batman could take one good hit from the hulk. and where do u get this cyclops beat wolverine from?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    man Batman is a human once he gets stabbed he dies lol
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    He has trouble landing hits on Captain America, and ? CYCLOPS with no powers. He sucks. Batman knows almost every fighting style including ninjutsu and thus is a NINJA. Wolverine stands no chance. And no any hit won't do it, it'll take a few hits at vital spots.
    He doesn't have trouble landing hits on Captain America, but it's irrelavant since Cap is >>>> Batman anyway. Cyclops has his optic blasts that allow him to fight Wolverine at a distance and Scott isn't a slouch in hth anyway
    Yes gadgets like C4 that can hurt Superman can ko WOlverine for a long time. or something like a cage that can hold Superman can trap Wolverine. Batman has beaten Superman and the entire Justice League before, not to mention DarkSeid. And btw KO gas or drowning Wolverine works fine.

Yeah, he's done so using prep, but I didn't think this was a prep fight. And if you give Batman prep, you'd have to do the same with Wolverine
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the fact that you have to say it can't be to the death cause it's not fair to Batman, tells me that he will never win against anybody that actually wants to hurt him. at the end of the day, wolverine is a killer, batman is a crazy guy who happens to have lots of money and some smarts. i think batman is as cool as the next guy, but i think DC made a mistake by making him this unstoppable human. he is not the strongest, smartest, or best fighter in his world. now he can beat people that he knows nothing about in other worlds? really? how is he going to have the time to come up with a way to beat wolverine? is wolvie just going to let him stroll off and do whatever he wants, or is he going to track him wheverever he goes. wolverine has been in more battles and fights than anybody in both universes. he is not just dumb animal who slashes, he is the best at what he does. now i'm not saying wolverine can't be beat, there are plenty of people on the marvel and dc side that can take him down, but wolverine has fought the hulk to a standstill, i don't think batman could take one good hit from the hulk. and where do u get this cyclops beat wolverine from?
    Cyclops has a history of owning Wolverine, but that's nothing to be ashamed of. Cyke is one of the more powerful mutants in MU
  • I Am Him
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think a lot of people don't have their Wolverine facts straight. Read this then tell me who wins.

Powers and Abilities
    Powers

Wolverine is a Beta-Level mutant.

Regenerative Healing Factor: Wolverine's primary mutant power is an accelerated healing process that enables him to regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue with far greater efficiency than an ordinary human. Wolverine's accelerated healing powers have been commonly referred to as his mutant healing factor. The full extent and speed of Wolverine's healing factor isn't known. He has been shown to fully heal from numerous gunshot wounds, severe burns covering most of his body, and regenerate missing eyes within a matter of seconds. Among the more extreme depictions of his accelerated healing factor involves him having his skin, muscles, and internal organs incinerated from his skeleton only to fully regenerate the tissue within minutes. Adamantium plays a crucial role in the speed of Wolverine's healing as well because of the fact that it produces a poison that his immune system fights off regularly. It is said that without the Adamantium his healing rate increases.This power even amends psychological wounds inflicted as a result of traumatic experiences. However, Wolverine's healing powers force his mind to suppress the memories, sometimes resulting in amnesia. Wolverine sometimes calls this his mental scar tissue.

Foreign Chemical Immunity: Wolverine's natural healing also affords him the virtual immunity to poisons and most drugs, except in massive doses. For example, it is extremely difficult for him to become intoxicated from alcohol.

Immunity To Disease: Wolverine's highly efficient immune system, which is part of his accelerated healing factor, renders him immune against most known Earthly diseases and infections (with the execption of the mutant plague).

Superhumanly Acute Senses: Wolverine possesses superhumanly acute senses that are comparable to those of certain animals. He can see at far greater distances, with perfect clarity, than an ordinary human. He retains this same level of clarity even in near total darkness. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing him to detect sounds ordinary humans can't or to hear at much greater distances. He is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if they are well hidden. He can track a target by scent, even if the scent has been greatly eroded by time and weather factors, with an extraordinary degree of success. Wolverine can also use his keen sense of smell to detect lies due to chemical changes within a person's scent. These senses stem from, at least partially, his constant cellular regeneration, as are his enhanced physical capabilities.

Superhuman Strength: Wolverine's Mutant Healing Factor enables him to push his muscles beyond the natural limits of the human body without injury, granting him some degree of superhuman strength. His natural strength is augmented by the demand placed on his musculature due to the presence of over 100 pounds of Adamantium bonded to his skeleton, which also removes the natural limitations of the human skeletal structure by allowing him to lift weights that would damage a human skeleton. Wolverine has been depicted with sufficient strength to break steel chains and he supports the weight of a dozen men with one arm. Wolverine's strength is enough to allow him to press somewhere in excess of 50 tons but not more than 200 tons.

Superhuman Stamina: Wolverine's mutant healing factor grants him high immunity against lactic acid and other fatigue toxins generated by his muscles during physical activity. Wolverine can sustain himself at peak capacity for several days. Wolverine has shown himself capable of fighting Omega Red for over 18 hours, despite regular exposure to Omega Red's death spores.

Superhuman Agility: Wolverine's agility, balance and ? coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the natural physical limits and capabilities of the finest human specimen. Wolverine's agility is sufficient to allow him to dodge Cyclops' optic blasts at near point blank range. Other times able to jump extremely high and evade several yards.

Superhuman Reflexes: Wolverine's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those possessed by the finest human speciman.
    Insulated Weather Adaptation: Wolverine's body is highly resistant to certain elemental extremes, particularly cold, to the extent that he can sleep nude in subarctic conditions with no apparent injury.

Slow Aging: In addition, Wolverine's healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process. Wolverine was born sometime in 1837. Although over 200 years of age, Wolverine retains the appearance and physical vitality of a man in the physical prime of his life.

Psionic Resistance: Wolverine reveals that his mind is now highly resistant to telepathic probing and assault due to high level psionic shields implanted in his mind by Professor Charles Xavier.

Abilities

Master Tactician: Though seemingly brutish, Wolverine is highly intelligent. When Forge monitored Wolverine's vitals during a Danger Room training session, he reported Logan's physical and mental state as "equivalent to an Olympic-level gymnast performing a Gold-medal-winning routine whilst simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head", which gives something of an idea of the level of sophistication and tactical processing Logan is capable of utilizing while in combat. He remembers Ogun teaching him Sun Tzu's The Art of War.

Master Martial Artist: Wolverine is a fierce hand-to-hand combatant, and, alongside Captain America and Taskmaster, is considered one of the finest combatants on Earth. Due to his extensive training as a soldier, a C.I.A. operative, a samurai, a spy, and a member of the X-Men, Wolverine is an exceptional hand-to-hand combatant, having mastered virtually every fighting style on Earth and is also well versed in pressure points and the art of espionage. He studied the samurai arts from a man who met the famed 17th century samurai Miyamoto Musashi, Ogun.

Advanced Covert Ops Expert: Due to his experience traveling the world and working for various government agencies, Wolverine is also a trained expert in multiple types of weapons, vehicles, computer systems, explosives, and assassination techniques.

Multi-lingual: A polyglot; Wolverine is fluent in many languages including English, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Cheyenne, Lakota, and Spanish; he has some knowledge of French, German, Thai, Vietnamese, and Portuguese. Ogun taught him Japanese ideograms.

With his increased lifespan and journeys across the globe, he has been able to amass an intimate knowledge of many foreign customs and cultures. Once he saw a kabuki play of The 47 Ronin (Genroku Chūshingura) and remarked how it was one of the finest kabuki troupes he had seen. His exploits have further endowed him with vast awareness of literature and philosophy.

Weaknesses

Muramasa Blade: Wolverine's only specific vulnerability known to date. Created by having his soul infused into the katana, the efficiency of his mutant healing factor is decreased dramatically if he sustains injury from the Muramasa Blade. Wolverine has been wounded once with the blade, though the injury was very minor, it did not heal completely for several days.

Carbonadium Digestion: Wolverine's healing factor is also affected, though to a far less degree, if he ingests Carbonadium.
    Wolverine's only other "weakness" is the fact that his heightened senses can be take advantage of. For instance, when he was fighting the Hulk, he was nearly killed by the Hulk's sonic claps due to his heightened sense of hearing.

Decapitation/Severe Spinal Damage: Professor X once stated that Wolverine could be killed if his head becomes separated from his body, causing his brain the inability to send signals to the section(s) of his body that needs healing. But because of the addition of his Adamantium-laced skeleton, the idea seems very unlikely.

Adamantium Poisoning: Adamantium has proven to secrete poison which stunts Wolverine's healing factor and feral rage by a very small degree. Even though he has it laced throughout his entire body it has not made a significant change in his abilities.

Adamantium Allotropes: Adamantium has thirteen different allotropes (variants) that are very unstable compared to Adamantium because of their different molecular configurations and thus physical properties. Some have caused Wolverine to become dizzy or weak just by being in close contact with these Adamantium specimens.

Equipment

Adamantium Laced Skeleton: Not part of Wolverine's natural mutant attributes, Wolverine's entire skeleton, including his bone claws, is laced with the rare, artificial, and virtually indestructible alloy known as True Adamantium. As a result, Wolverine's bones are virtually unbreakable. The presence of the Adamantium has further enhanced the already razor sharp edge of Wolverine's bone claws. Aside from being practically indestructible, the claws are capable of cutting any solid material, with the known exception of True Adamantium and Proto-Adamantium (Captain America's shield). However, Wolverine's ability to slice completely through a substance depends upon the thickness of the substance and the amount of force he can exert. The Adamantium also weights his blows, dramatically increasing the effectiveness of his punches and kicks.

Weapons

Throughout his life, Wolverine has used a variety of bladed weapons, most frequently daggers and, at times, swords; as a samurai, he is especially skilled with the katana. He has also wielded many different types of firearms throughout his careers as a soldier, a mercenary, and a spy. While he is highly skilled with firearms, he has stated on multiple occasions that he isn't fond of them and prefers to use bladed weapons.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    metal skeleton...metal conducts electricity....

metal is also magnetic...

with that info, bats can take him down... but if they just bump into each other on the humble.. logan is far too savage, strong, and intense..

in all reality, logan before the skeleton bonding has a better chance IMO....

Thats what it is.Depends on the situation.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Its basically undecisive; Some people say Batman doesn't have time to prepare while others say he does. When Batman does have time to prepare, he'll beat Wolverine. If he doesn't, its unlikely but not impossible that he'll win.
  • I Am Him
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ksmart wrote: »
    Its basically undecisive; Some people say Batman doesn't have time to prepare while others say he does. When Batman does have time to prepare, he'll beat Wolverine. If he doesn't, its unlikely but not impossible that he'll win.

In the words of The Rock, It doesen't matter if he has time to prepare or not, all that means is that Wolverine has the same amount of time to prepare. Pound for Pound he is the deadliest thing on two feet.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I change my mind... I said it would be a close battle with Wolvie coming out the winner. But IMO, I think Wolverine would ? Batman up. I mean I'm not talking about Logan just winning but taking Bruce Wayne's soul, battered and shattered into ? oblivion. Batman would only try to beat him and keep it moving but Wolverine on the other hand would ? him and then go ? the next guy. Wolverine has bodied a lot of muthafuckers... I think Batman would be one of them.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Howcome nobody ever just bought a load of adamantium, made a large box out of it, threw wolverine in there, and dropped it into the ocean?
  • DarkRaiden
    edited August 2011
    Options
    In the words of The Rock, It doesen't matter if he has time to prepare or not, all that means is that Wolverine has the same amount of time to prepare. Pound for Pound he is the deadliest thing on two feet.

Wolverine with preparation is almost exactly the same as Wolverine w/o it. Batman with preparation took down Darkseid and the Justice League. It's totally different levels. With prep, Batman brings a big ass magnet and Wolverine loses. With out prep, Batman outsmarts Wolverine and wins anyways.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And I'm LMAO at this ? saying Wolvie is the deadliest thing on two feet. Even Golden Boy Cycolops be Wolvie.