The Official J.Cole Vs. Big Sean Thread!

Options

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    how is j cole technically superior to big sean when he cant even make a decent song for radio play? how is it ? hit records and buzz when usuncl3tom is the main ? starting those j cole threads with exclamtion marks talking about building up a fanbase and how record labels have to make money? so much backpeddling and stannery in this thread. if j cole dont need fans, buzz, marketing or a hit single why in the hell is he rapping for?
  • DayDay34
    DayDay34 Members Posts: 1,771
    edited June 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    how is j cole technically superior to big sean when he cant even make a decent song for radio play? how is it ? hit records and buzz when usuncl3tom is the main ? starting those j cole threads with exclamtion marks talking about building up a fanbase and how record labels have to make money? so much backpeddling and stannery in this thread. if j cole dont need fans, buzz, marketing or a hit single why in the hell is he rapping for?

my ? . big sean>j.cole
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

What does being technically sound have to do with having a hit on the radio. Aesop Rock is more technically sound than ATLEAST 95% of rappers out today and I've never heard his ? on the radio
  • EmbezzelJayR
    EmbezzelJayR Members Posts: 1,052
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The more this Thread progresses ,I learn that majority of IC are mainstream radio junkees.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The more this Thread progresses ,I learn that majority of IC are mainstream radio junkees.

then why is your personal lord and savior making songs about drop it low to the flo if you are anti radio? thats what make you cole fans look so lame. yall quick to be in another ? thread and clown him on his flops or lack of exposure but soon as someone critcize yall step dad ? thongs start to shrink. ? that. if you want j cole to be somekind of backpack carrying champion of hip hop then start moving these weak ass threads to the boring ass essence sub-forum. dont compare cole to ? thats actually trying to make something of themselves if you cant handle when ? giving yall the truth. cole ? ass is the one that came out and said the summer is his. he think ? aint gonna call him out on that. GTFOH. its competion right? thats what you ? be talking about in them Jay Z threads. ? J Cole
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Welcome to the reason son, I don't post seriously in here anymore because of that. It's gotten so bad that ? actually talk bad about rapper that have substance in there music like it's a bad thing.

Thank ? I'm an 80s baby, these young ? minds be twisted actually thinking mainstream music is better.
  • EmbezzelJayR
    EmbezzelJayR Members Posts: 1,052
    edited June 2011
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    Welcome to the reason son, I don't post seriously in here anymore because of that. It's gotten so bad that ? actually talk bad about rapper that have substance in there music like it's a bad thing.

Thank ? I'm an 80s baby, these young ? minds be twisted actually thinking mainstream music is better.
    These commercial puppets on this site only car for the mainstream type music which they call "hit singles".
    They rather see artist like J.cole to change his style of music to fit the commercial style.That's why Work out and Disgusting sound so subpar.I mean who Dat and Blow up were way better singles.How can you take some one serious who bases an artist on how he or she can appeal to the mainstream.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    who dat and blow up wasnt ? either..

work out>>>>

i could care less how j. cole appeal to the mainstream tho.. that ? still slick boring with mostly ? production..

cyhi, curren$y, pill>>>>
  • DayDay34
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol at most ? banging big sean in their cars last night. told ? if they ? with j.cole them ? laugh at me.big sean>j.cole and it ain't even close.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    who dat and blow up wasnt ? either..

work out>>>>

i could care less how j. cole appeal to the mainstream tho.. that ? still slick boring with mostly ? production..

cyhi, curren$y, pill>>>>

Weeez bro, Who Dat and Blow Up is straight flames, Work Out is just average...

But i kinda cosign the 2nd bolded...Cyhi and Curren$y stay dropping heat
  • DMTxTHC
    edited June 2011
    Options

It doesn't stop there, J. Cole gets labeled as a savior of sorts, and being that a lot of people on here like other rappers more than J. Cole, it urks them...

The first moment J. Cole slips up, they act like his career is or should be over

I mean there's people on here hoping that he'll flop lol
  • DMTxTHC
    edited June 2011
    Options
    These commercial puppets on this site only car for the mainstream type music which they call "hit singles".
    They rather see artist like J.cole to change his style of music to fit the commercial style.That's why Work out and Disgusting sound so subpar.I mean who Dat and Blow up were way better singles.How can you take some one serious who bases an artist on how he or she can appeal to the mainstream.

And when his makes a mainstream themed single, then he's wack overall, smh
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lets face it, any up and coming rapper will blow up before J. Cole. I ? with J. Cole, but I just don't see that ? ever having any major commerical success because he's not that kind of rapper. We had the J.Cole vs. Wiz Khalifa threads last year, and Wiz Khalifa is shittin on Cole success wise.
  • DayDay34
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol j.cole will never be a star. i told you ? .
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    this ? is still going on? Welcome to the 2011 ic. Make a thread with substance it will go 2 or 3 pages deep. Make a this ? vs. that ? thread and days later here we are. SMFH
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    DayDay34 wrote: »
    lol j.cole will never be a star. i told you ? .

real talk, I'm really starting to feel this way too.
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited June 2011
    Options
    J. Cole is the better rapper but Big Sean has the album... they're both good artists for Hip Hop. We just need a Cole album and let Sean continue to press on I guess
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    All this "outshines" stuff is irrelevant and inaccurate..how does your hook man outshine you?? did they add to the song?? of course..but they didn't "outshine" Big Sean.. and Wiz spits his first decent verse since Kush & OJ and yall act like he murdered somebody lol..all the verses in that "High" song were equally mediocre..and how do you "outshine" somebody on a type of song like "Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay" lol..

and smh at the bolded..i'll agree with the production being the best part of the album, but Sean did his thing on there too..kinda like how Wiz did his thing on Kush & OJ..

Cosign said the same thing. ? actually think Big Sean went into the studio and said "let go at it and battle" lol. That ? said "let make dope music". You all take that battle ? to seriously.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i just got one question, why does this dayday ? keep saying we, who is we??? are you more than one person????
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i just got one question, why does this dayday ? keep saying we, who is we??? are you more than one person????

He is one of those clown ass ? who is missing a father figure so he attaches himself to a rap crew (generally the YM,MMG, and Good Music) fans. Big Sean probably wouldn't ? on that ? if he was on fire. Watch how quickly the ? ditch Detroit as soon as he gets some money, like Fat Joe did NY.
  • DMTxTHC
    edited June 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    He is one of those clown ass ? who is missing a father figure so he attaches himself to a rap crew (generally the YM,MMG, and Good Music) fans. Big Sean probably wouldn't ? on that ? if he was on fire. Watch how quickly the ? ditch Detroit as soon as he gets some money, like Fat Joe did NY.

The bolded made me tear...

smh lol
  • DayDay34
    edited June 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

lol at this ? ? . just took my father out for father day this morning. its already proven that you have no father. im a fan of the ? ."we" are us big Sean fans.
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol at this ? ? . just took my father out for father day this morning. its already proven that you have no father. im a fan of the ? ."we" are us big Sean fans.

Stop lying, when you says "we", you are talking about you and Big Sean. You said "we" were about to do big numbers, are the fans releasing an album too?
  • DayDay34
    edited June 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Stop lying, when you says "we", you are talking about you and Big Sean. You said "we" were about to do big numbers, are the fans releasing an album too?

yeah the fans who are buying the album. be mad ? that ? ? in your avi stays flopping. big sean>j.cole
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yeah the fans who are buying the album. be mad ? that ? ? in your avi stays flopping. big sean>j.cole

Flopping how? He hasn't released an album.....