The Official J.Cole Vs. Big Sean Thread!

Options

Comments

• DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    2j2zxiu.jpg
    33or1b9.jpg

About 4 weeks ago I stated that Big Sean would become the next big rapper in hip-hop. Recently I replayed Friday Night Light and after listening to it again I can honestly say Big Sean>J.Cole. While J.Cole may be lyrically nice at times he is missing one important thing that Big Sean has over him. Making dope music. As an overall artist Big Sean is killing J.Cole in that department. J.Cole first single "Workout Plan" was terrible imo. On that song he doesn't feel comfortable and is out of his comfort zone. His first verse was lol status. Big Sean "My Last" a song which he says No I.D forced him to do became a top hit thanks to Chris Brown but also to Big Sean witty lines. Musically Big Sean is killing J.Cole. Another thing is Big Sean has a machine behind him in Def Jam who recently stated that Big Sean is their number 1 priority over there. Where is J.Cole push by Roc-Nation? J.Cole is a good mc but when it comes to creating overall dope songs he losing in that department.
  • DayDay34
    DayDay34 Members Posts: 1,771
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol at cyhi yall ? forget that we young ? control this rap ? . big sean is who we ? with right now. he's cold spitting, got swag, cold ass beats. he's just that ? . j.cole is a boring ? who shouts out "? " 20x a song. he's a lame ? . i mean look at that swaggerless ? .
  • EmbezzelJayR
    EmbezzelJayR Members Posts: 1,052
    edited June 2011
    Options
    @DetroitBoi313 Good argument on making "Dope Music". IMO J.cole has a lot of so called "Bangers" Like for example "Ladies","Lights Please","Grown Simba","Gladiators","Still The Hottest","Return of Simba","Blow Up","Split you up","Goin Off" and many more.You can't judge a artist on only singles and throw away the rest of his work.His skill level is above a lot of these rappers out, not to say big Sean doesn't have skill just not up to par with J.Cole.
  • EmbezzelJayR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    DayDay34 wrote: »
    lol at cyhi yall ? forget that we young ? control this rap ? . big sean is who we ? with right now. he's cold spitting, got swag, cold ass beats. he's just that ? . j.cole is a boring ? who shouts out "? " 20x a song. he's a lame ? . i mean look at that swaggerless ? .

Your only argument is that J.cole is boring and has no /so called "bangers". With no supporting facts that is called being Bias.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    they're both wack so why does it matter?
  • EmbezzelJayR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    they're both wack so why does it matter?

Tell me why? Give reasons or facts that they're wack.Do not post something without supporting evidence and if they're wack name rappers who are better.
    Learn how to prove statements and debate.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If so,Prove it bruh.Post some evidence backing up your statement(s).If cyhi is better tell me why.

aint gon be no tellin u why, u stan for cole..

but ill say this, cole has slick lines, and prolly the better subject matter..but i dont really mess wit him like dat, his production boring, he has a couple good songs but most of em are bland imo..

now cyhi has even slicker lines and a better flow than cole, and better beat selection..now cole may have deeper subject matter, but cyhi's is decent and his songs as a whole are more entertaining..
  • EmbezzelJayR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    aint gon be no tellin u why, u stan for cole..

but ill say this, cole has slick lines, and prolly the better subject matter..but i dont really mess wit him like dat, his production boring, he has a couple good songs but most of em are bland imo..

now cyhi has even slicker lines and a better flow than cole, and better beat selection..now cole may have deeper subject matter, but cyhi's is decent and his songs as a whole are more entertaining..

So J.Cole is the more complete rapper and cyhi is partially good? That's what I got out of your reply correct me if I'm wrong bruh.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tell me why? Give reasons or facts that they're wack.Do not post something without supporting evidence and if they're wack name rappers who are better.
    Learn how to prove statements and debate.
    They're wack because i listened to the music and my ears bled.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So J.Cole is the more complete rapper and cyhi is partially good? That's what I got out of your reply correct me if I'm wrong bruh.

not at all bruh, cyhi has subject matter..cole's is SLIGHTLY better..other than that cyhi has him beat in all aspects..

i can see how u got that seeing as ur a stan tho..
  • EmbezzelJayR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They're wack because i listened to the music and my ears bled.

Wow,never witness this much stupidity come from one individual at such short notice. You obviously can't post supporting evidence deeming your argument invalid; Of no importance.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i said cyhi was better than cole like a year ago
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Wow,never witness this much stupidity come from one individual at such short notice. You obviously can't post supporting evidence deeming your argument invalid; Of no importance.

this ? never has a valid rebuttal or response
    he always resorts to callin a ? stupid
  • EmbezzelJayR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    not at all bruh, cyhi has subject matter..cole's is SLIGHTLY better..other than that cyhi has him beat in all aspects..

i can see how u got that seeing as ur a stan tho..

Define "Stan" .You made it seemed that Cyhi was good but J.cole had the complete appeal (Lyrically,Flow,ETC)
    I need to listen to more cyhi in order to give my opinions tho. So I will get back at you on this one.
  • EmbezzelJayR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    this ? never has a valid rebuttal or response
    he always resorts to callin a ? stupid

If I I called anyone stupid,Beleive you me I was right for doing so.Is it my fault you imbecils don't know how to hold a debate nor a conversation?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Define "Stan" .You made it seemed that Cyhi was good but J.cole had the complete appeal (Lyrically,Flow,ETC)
    I need to listen to more cyhi in order to give my opinions tho. So I will get back at you on this one.

how, i just said cyhi had him beat in most aspects...twice..
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited June 2011
    Options
    this is a troll..
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If I I called anyone stupid,Beleive you me I was right for doing so.Is it my fault you imbecils don't know how to hold a debate nor a conversation?

bruh
    if the next ? is holding up his end of the debate and all you can say is "you're clearly stupid"
    doesn't that make you the one that can't hold a debate nor a conversation?
  • EmbezzelJayR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    how, i just said cyhi had him beat in most aspects...twice..

It's confusing how you put it at first but you cleared it up. I got to listen to some of his work before I compare the two.Recommend one of his mixtapes.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited June 2011
    Options
    royal flush 1 & 2
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    gifted wrote: »
    Why folks comparing Big Sean to Cole anyway? Apples and oranges to me.

Cole really a Nas type; creative content first. Hearing Cole Work out party track just dont sound right. Like Nas making U Owe Me feat Ginuwine. That song woulda been dope if it were anyone else but for Nas, it seemed forced, false or sumthing.

Big Sean is a cool, happy-type rapper with more style than substance. Like a mix between Wiz and Kanye.
    Cole is a dope rapper with more substance over style. Simple as that. You can appreciate both if they make good music in their lanes.

Thank you. The two shouldn't even be compared. They both have their own lane and their both damn good @ what they do. Debate over......
  • EmbezzelJayR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    bruh
    if the next ? is holding up his end of the debate and all you can say is "you're clearly stupid"
    doesn't that make you the one that can't hold a debate nor a conversation?

Lol,You call "They're wack because i listened to the music and my ears bled." holding up a debate?
    Come on now you know how to uphold a debate.Give supporting evidence to your arguments.
    Instead of just saying J.cole is or Big Sean is better ,give reasons;post songs to further prove your
    statements .
    Don't just post some ignorant non sense that will get no where.
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Thank you. The two shouldn't even be compared. They both have their own lane and their both damn good @ what they do. Debate over......

if what he does is make lame ass songs full of corny jokes with the same flow then yes
    big sean is great at what he does
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lol,You call "They're wack because i listened to the music and my ears bled." holding up a debate?
    Come on now you know how to uphold a debate.Give supporting evidence to your arguments.
    Instead of just saying J.cole is or Big Sean is better ,give reasons;post songs to further prove your statements
    Don' just post some ignorant non sense thet will get no where.

you were right in that instance
    but that's like the only time you were right
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    if what he does is make lame ass songs full of corny jokes with the same flow then yes
    big sean is great at what he does

He doesn't have the same flow but to each his own. Sean is witty, he makes catchy ? , and he can flow. His lyrics aren't deep nor are they complex but I think he's consistently good at making above average music. I wouldn't compare him to cole because cole is twice the rapper he is as far as SKILL and LYRICS are concerned but thats not the point. Artists can have their own lane, and sean should have his w/out having to be compared to ? like cole who are obviously better than him.