What has been the most life-changing experience you've ever had?

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dropping outa college
    moving back home after being out on my own for 6 years
    realizing i was in a serious relationship
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Word up ya'll don't even know and what made the conversation go in the emotional direction for me was when she said to me "your such a difficult person to deal with". My response was do you know what you have put me through these past 3 years. I haven't seen my kids in 2 1/2 years because she sent them to Jamaica with her side of the family. And since I have no relationship with her family guess who's my only line of communication. My only happiness with all of this is hearing my oldest daughter over the phone call me daddy.

Where is she? Your Babymoms in Jamaica with them?
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    LMAO where you live at in Chicago? i grew up there and about to raise my kids there, public eduction and all. you need to pick up and move to a better neighborhood if it's that bad.

I used to live in the 100s but now i'm older and the damage has been done..... lol

but uhhh...i live in bronzeville now
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Can't you take her to court? That has "illegal" written all over it. She'd need you to sign a consent form, which any man with love for their child wouldn't do. Sorry to hear you're going through that ? .

I hope at least 3 of the females in your family are planning to murder that ? when she's back in town.....

Long story short no. A lawyer let me know. I know a more expensive lawyer would have probably said different. But because all my kids where born in Jamaica I can't do ? . I don't know if you know this but a lot of Jamaicans when they have kids they have their parents or elders raise them on the island as they make money in the U.S. In this time the parents supports the child plus the relative they say it's so the child will know about the Jamaican roots, language etc etc. To me that's ? to me that's another way for family to have a come up. One day when I told her her having them over there was ? and wasn't fair to me she told me well that's how she was raised. I told her well you know what I was raised by my parents and I'm not Jamaican so bring my kids back. Supposedly they will be back by the Summer.
  • J-GUTTA
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Where is she? Your Babymoms in Jamaica with them?

She's back and forth. I haven't seen her though I have this mental thing as to not wanting to see her.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Aye yi yi....Ill that ? is just crazy man. Just crazy. I can't even....I don't even know wtf to say. Mentally I know you are a wreck. That's why I can't ? with foriegners....no offense to any of them on here. But I've heard too many stories of kids being taken out of the country never to be returned again. And ? forbid if YOU go to Jamaica...they would ? you. smh. this is some wild ? right here. My heart goes out to you.
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I used to live in the 100s but now i'm older and the damage has been done..... lol

but uhhh...i live in bronzeville now

ahh aight then now i understand. Bronzeville is cool though i wouldn't mind living there at all, or anywhere south gap, south loop, kenwood or down in hyde park. i grew up out in beverly mostly and lived in ukrainian village for a time... i had it nice for the most part. probably i'll move up to the northwest side around northwoods before the kid starts elementary though there are nice parts of the southside but i'd rather my kid not have to venture through some of these hoods to get from one point to the next like i used to.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Long story short no. A lawyer let me know. I know a more expensive lawyer would have probably said different. But because all my kids where born in Jamaica I can't do ? . I don't know if you know this but a lot of Jamaicans when they have kids they have their parents or elders raise them on the island as they make money in the U.S. In this time the parents supports the child plus the relative they say it's so the child will know about the Jamaican roots, language etc etc. To me that's ? to me that's another way for family to have a come up. One day when I told her her having them over there was ? and wasn't fair to me she told me well that's how she was raised. I told her well you know what I was raised by my parents and I'm not Jamaican so bring my kids back. Supposedly they will be back by the Summer.

I ain't tryin' to get all in yours but how could you not see all this comin' before you knocked that ? up with the first couple of kids? How did they end up born in Jamaica?

I wanna strangle that ? for you man..... Hahaha.
  • Rozetta5tone
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ahh aight then now i understand. Bronzeville is cool though i wouldn't mind living there at all, or anywhere south gap, south loop, kenwood or down in hyde park. i grew up out in beverly mostly and lived in ukrainian village for a time... i had it nice for the most part. probably i'll move up to the northwest side around northwoods before the kid starts elementary though there are nice parts of the southside but i'd rather my kid not have to venture through some of these hoods to get from one point to the next like i used to.

thats koo..

bronzeville is aight but I plan on moving to the south west subs within the next year.

I'm kinda sick of the city life and I'm ready for a change of scenery
  • J-GUTTA
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @ Killa man this women was everything I wanted when things were good I mean usual relationship problems but nothing you and the next man haven't been through. My Twins came during that whole lets be a family time and like I said there is more to the story. And they were all born in Jamaica because of that part of the story. It's madd long with so many twist and turns that I'm seriously thinking of writing a book about it. When it's finished a publisher will probably tell me ? you no one could have gone through this and still be sane. This has to be fiction, but no it's 100 my past 3 yers.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @ Killa man this women was everything I wanted when things were good I mean usual relationship problems but nothing you and the next man haven't been through. My Twins came during that whole lets be a family time and like I said there is more to the story. And they were all born in Jamaica because of that part of the story. It's madd long with so many twist and turns that I'm seriously thinking of writing a book about it. When it's finished a publisher will probably tell me ? you no one could have gone through this and still be sane. This has to be fiction, but no it's 100 my past 3 yers.

i want to wish bad things on your bm
  • sickbizzle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    thats koo..

bronzeville is aight but I plan on moving to the south west subs within the next year.

I'm kinda sick of the city life and I'm ready for a change of scenery

word i'd do it in a hearbeat if i could find work in the burbs but i work in finance and all jobs for me are in the loop.. commuting every day through traffic isn't anything i'm about to get involved with. i'm happy to take the metra or el before i subject myself to a life of that ? traffic is a nightmare these days that's the main thing that ? me off about livin here.
  • Rozetta5tone
    edited March 2010
    Options
    word i'd do it in a hearbeat if i could find work in the burbs but i work in finance and all jobs for me are in the loop.. commuting every day through traffic isn't anything i'm about to get involved with. i'm happy to take the metra or el before i subject myself to a life of that ? traffic is a nightmare these days that's the main thing that ? me off about livin here.

yeah...i take the metra and the el most of the time also when i head further out south of if i need to get out west.....

it's a different vibe in the burbs..true enough living in the city is convienient for somethings but it mainly boils down to a decent quality of life. i'm not saying the city is all bad but things are alot less complicated in the burbs..
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    going to Iraq and my daughter being born
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2010
    Options
    anyone said sex yet???
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

Keep ya head up man, I look forward to reading that book one day. I'll extend my offer to Hummingbird, to you.....I'll help you edit that sumbitch if need be. I'm sorry to hear you keep havin' to go through this ? , but if you ever need to get anything off ya chest, just holla at ya boy....
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    my daughter being born, almost dying in a accident, cousin getting murked
  • J-GUTTA
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yeah...i take the metra and the el most of the time also when i head further out south of if i need to get out west.....

it's a different vibe in the burbs..true enough living in the city is convienient for somethings but it mainly boils down to a decent quality of life. i'm not saying the city is all bad but things are alot less complicated in the burbs..

Anything can happen anywhere but Northside baby minus a lot of Rogers Park and Uptown. I paid a lot for my Condo but it was worth it.

@Gutta *daps* I know it's early in the day but here you go playboy

SuperStock_1598R-107012.jpg
  • sickbizzle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea Rogers Park is getting weird i don't know what the ? happenin there. Edgewater is still kinda cool but i like the Northwest side i think we could have a decent standard of living in Northwoods area, they even say the public schools are decent. what neighborhood you in J-Gutta?
  • The_African
    The_African Members Posts: 174
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • J-GUTTA
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea Rogers Park is getting weird i don't know what the ? happenin there. Edgewater is still kinda cool but i like the Northwest side i think we could have a decent standard of living in Northwoods area, they even say the public schools are decent. what neighborhood you in J-Gutta?

Ya I live in North Park by North Eastern and it is so quiet over here. Since I live next to the Chicago river branches I've seen deer early in the morning, and racoons at night but I rather deal with that than a gang member. I don't know if you've read my post in this thread but when my kids get back I want them to live up here with me. They're mothers house off of 79th, and I don't want them to see none of that dumb ? .
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

I work in Finance as well and I have been seriously considering movein to the Chi. I'm really against movein to New York but give me a little insight on it if you can?
  • blacklsoldier
    blacklsoldier Members Posts: 899
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    When i was about 7, almost drown

When i was 6 i have a tooth remove and it was done improperly, i almost bled to death.

When i was 8 almost died in a hurricane

When i was 17 house burned down when i was in it and i almost died
  • TX5GIN
    TX5GIN Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    watching one of my friends get killed right in front of me.