• Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lupe made a fool of himself. That's hard to do when you're going up against a goon like O'Reilly, but Lupe did it, because he doesn't know what the ? he's talking about. Sounds like he's definitely trying to regurgitate something he heard from somebody much smarter than himself.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Rappers just need to steer clear of Fox News. It's an obvious trap.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't know why people go on Fox.

Bill O'Reilly is a notorious liar. He is not a real journalist. He is a WWF dude.

Lupe came off OK. He def did not let O'reilly go ballistic like he usually does.
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited June 2011
    Options
    He didn't do too bad considering O'Reilly kept interrupting him whenever he tried to make a point. And I agree with him that politics aren't as complex as the powers that be would like you to think. As far as the statement he made that caused this whole mess. It's yet another example of when trying to be profound goes wrong.
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Where did it go wrong?

He dropped truth and facts, on Bill...is it Lupe's fault that people want to spin it into something. I guarantee, people who saying he looked bad WILL NOT break down his responses to Bill..lol...because then, the ether becomes undeniable.

And ? knows we can't have a nation/music biz, motivating intelligent Black rappers to abort the bling-bling make it rain, mantra, for one that's aspiring to get their intellect onto The O'Reilly Factor and son Bill for White America to see

He was wrong for saying Obama's name in the first place. If he woulda just said the U.S. government is the biggest terrorist it would probably be a non-issue. But because he said Obama, knowing damn well there are much bigger forces behind all of this, he ? up.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I didn't think it was bad at all, but the interview wasn't done well. I'm not surprised because O'Reilly will always cut people off while trying to make their point.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    DarkGable wrote: »
    He was wrong for saying Obama's name in the first place. If he woulda just said the U.S. government is the biggest terrorist it would probably be a non-issue. But because he said Obama, knowing damn well there are much bigger forces behind all of this, he ? up.

Obama deserved to be mentioned, nobody forced him to be a puppet, he knew what he was entering to when he ran for president.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lupe told the truth. Obama is a terrorist. Not as big a terrorist as Bush, but still a pretty big one. Lupe did very well on this interview.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Obama deserved to be mentioned, nobody forced him to be a puppet, he knew what he was entering to when he ran for president.

Good post brotha. No one forced Obama to head America's evil empire.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Lupe made a fool of himself. That's hard to do when you're going up against a goon like O'Reilly, but Lupe did it, because he doesn't know what the ? he's talking about. Sounds like he's definitely trying to regurgitate something he heard from somebody much smarter than himself.

Exactly what did Lupe lie about?

Has Obama changed America's foreign policy of supporting apartheid states such as Israel? Why is Obama still givng Israel money and weapons when Israel is constantly violating United Nations rules?

Does Obama still give aid and weapons to brutal dictators all over the Middle East?

Has Obama ended our wasteful wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan??

Nah?? I guess Lupe is right than.
  • shootemwon
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Exactly what did Lupe lie about?

Has Obama changed America's foreign policy of supporting apartheid states such as Israel? Why is Obama still givng Israel money and weapons when Israel is constantly violating United Nations rules?

Does Obama still give aid and weapons to brutal dictators all over the Middle East?

Has Obama ended our wasteful wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan??

Nah?? I guess Lupe is right than.

Did I say Lupe lied? Did I say he was wrong?
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Did I say Lupe lied? Did I say he was wrong?

Okay but you said Lupe came across as a fool. Granted he could have sounded a bit more articulate but he still told the truth, as painful as it may sound to some people. To say he came across as a fool is way too harsh.
  • shootemwon
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Okay but you said Lupe came across as a fool. Granted he could have sounded a bit more articulate but he still told the truth, as painful as it may sound to some people. To say he came across as a fool is way too harsh.

Guess it's a matter of opinion. I understand and respect (and to an extent, agree with) the point he's making, but I've never witnessed anyone making it so poorly.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    To say he came across as a fool is way too harsh.
    Lupe's been coming across as a fool for years, so it's not surprising he would do the same in this setting
  • Dirty District
    Dirty District Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lupe actually scored some decent points, and for the most part managed to maintain his composure. The biggest problem is that he doesn't do a good job of establishing an actual definition of terrorism itself, and its obvious that his squishy use of the term is whats getting him in some trouble; Lupe disagrees with US foreign policy, but that certainly doesn't make Obama or any American head of state an actual "terrorist"
  • janklow
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Only fools, are those who just putting spin on his appearance. None of you who say he came across as a fool, will dare, lay out what quantified your claim...
    on the other hand, you might want to figure out how a comma works before you start calling anyone a fool.

Lupe's been saying ridiculous nonsense for years, well before this. so i'm not sure why people should suddenly expect him to somehow NOT act like a fool. and topping Bill O'Reilly does not earn you some kind of "debater of the year award."
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    on the other hand, you might want to figure out how a comma works before you start calling anyone a fool.

Lupe's been saying ridiculous nonsense for years, well before this. so i'm not sure why people should suddenly expect him to somehow NOT act like a fool. and topping Bill O'Reilly does not earn you some kind of "debater of the year award."

Lupe isn't saying anything ridiculous now though. Obama hasn't changed American foreign policy at all. Any president that exports violence at the level Obama and Bush (and many others before) have done has earned the right to be called terrorists. Obama himself said only a political answer can end terrorism......so why are we still in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan? Why are we still killing so many innocents abroad when Obama has admitted only a political answer will solve this problem?
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0501-02.htm

What Is A Terrorist?
    by Jeff Cohen

ter�ror�ist (ter'er-ist) n. 1. One who engages in acts or an act of terrorism.

2. One who leads an armed group that kills civilians as a means of political intimidation -- unless he terrorizes Haitians while on the CIA-payroll, as did 1990s death squad leader Emmanuel Constant, in which case the U.S. refuses to extradite him to Haiti, even after Sept. 11, 2001.

3. One who targets civilian airliners and ships -- unless he blows up a Cuban civilian airliner, killing 73 people, and fires at a Polish freighter, like Orlando Bosch, in which case he is coddled and paroled by the Bush Justice Department in 1990, and his extradition is blocked.

4. One who leads a group that engages in kidnapping and murder -- unless the victims are Hondurans attacked by CIA-backed death squad Battalion 316, in which case Battalion architect Gustavo Alvarez becomes a Pentagon consultant, while the then-ambassador to Honduras who downplayed the terror, John Negroponte, is appointed U.S. ambassador to the United Nations days after Sept. 11.

5. One who uses ? and murder for political purposes -- unless the victims are four U.S. church women sexually assaulted and killed in 1980 by members of El Salvador�s U.S.-backed military, in which case excuses and distortions pour forth from then-U.N. Ambassador Jeane Kirkpatrick (�these nuns were not just nuns; they were also political activists�) and Secretary of State Al Haig (the nuns �may have tried to run a roadblock�).

6. One who designates civilians as �soft targets� to be attacked in the cause of political transformation -- unless the targets are Nicaraguans killed by Contra guerrillas armed and directed by the U.S who, according to Human Rights Watch, �systematically engage in violent abuses�so prevalent that these may be said to be their principal means of waging war.�

7. One who facilitates a massacre of civilians -- unless the victims are 900 Palestinians shot and hacked to death in the Sabra and Shatila camps by Lebanese Christian militia as Israeli soldiers stood guard, in which case Israel�s then-Defense Minster (now Prime Minister) Ariel Sharon remains a U.S. �War on Terrorism� ally after being censured as indirectly responsible for the massacre by an Israeli commission of inquiry.

----Obama's foreign policy involves a lot of these things........
  • janklow
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lupe isn't saying anything ridiculous now though.
    part of Lupe's problem has always been his delivery; he may have a kernel of solid information/argument, but he doesn't seem to use it well.
    ...so why are we still in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan? Why are we still killing so many innocents abroad when Obama has admitted only a political answer will solve this problem?
    i think technically we're not "in Pakistan." but there's also the argument (and this is mostly for Obama as opposed to the wars in general) that he has to responsibly leave the countries in question, not immediately pull out.
  • janklow
    edited June 2011
    Options
    no delivery problem, can change the 100% facts he laid out in the footage, from 1:17-1:57
    N0 delivery hallucination of yours, can change how He made Bill son himself, from 3:00-3:40
    No delivery nonsense you talk, can change how he shytted on Bill in the outro, regarding fiasco factor and tinted-prescription lens.
    You can post your generalized spin, all day, but the vid says otherwise the transcript shows Lupe's show, was historic
    let me boil it down for you because you're not ever actually interested in debates, but rather, it repeating your sound-bites. after this, i'll stop acting like you're a real poster:

--Lupe Fiasco is not as smart as he thinks he is, and it shows, and it has shown for years;
    --no one sounds good on Bill O'Reilly because he's not as smart as HE thinks he is, so the best victory you can come away with is "besting some ? with a television show";
    --getting overly excited about people not being impressed with Lupe Fiasco's appearance on this television program is a sign that you may have some emotional problems
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lupe seemed all over the place.

plus we all know bill o reilly doesn't let u get a word in with out him talking over his guest.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? was clearly edited. lupe's better points prolly sittin on the cutting room floor
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    let me boil it down for you because you're not ever actually interested in debates, but rather, it repeating your sound-bites. after this, i'll stop acting like you're a real poster:

--Lupe Fiasco is not as smart as he thinks he is, and it shows, and it has shown for years;
    --no one sounds good on Bill O'Reilly because he's not as smart as HE thinks he is, so the best victory you can come away with is "besting some ? with a television show";
    --getting overly excited about people not being impressed with Lupe Fiasco's appearance on this television program is a sign that you may have some emotional problems

And regardless of everything you have just said, millions of people around the world believe America is the Great Satan and Obama is a terrorist.

Props to Obama for changing the way the Middle East looks at America. Terrorism is dying. American troops are very loved in Afghanistan and no one wants to ? them. Pakistan loves America. Recruitment among Al Qaeda members is nonexistent. The drone attacks on Pakistan has made Obama the most loved man in Pakistan. Endless wars in the Middle East for resources, I mean for fighting terrorism has made us sooo much safer. I love it. Hooray Obama and hooray America.

Endless, wasteful wars makes Obama very deserving of his Nobel Peace Prize.

War is peace. Don't let anyone us tell you differently. To create peace, you must ? a whole bunch of your enemies and their children. You must also create hundreds of thousands of refugees and support countries like Israel which steal land and water from their neighbors.

Stealing and endless wars = love and peace.
  • NJBeliever
    NJBeliever Members Posts: 10
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »

Lupe and O'Reilly are just 2 sides of the same coin. Both are acting like the "War on terror" is a serious legitimate issue without questioning the billions in gwop the military industrial complex is making off the numerous wars Obama is sending the troops off to.

This debate just keeps the masses happy thinking that there are 2 different sides here really going at it. But ultimately, Lupe and O'Reilly are pushing the same agenda.