Jeremiah 51:46, the Church, and Mystery Babylon?

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Recently I have been studying a lot of eschatology and I would like to share some of my thoughts about it with those who are in the body of Christ. One passage of scripture particularly sticks out to me which is, "And lest your heart faint, and ye fear for the rumour that shall be heard in the land; a rumour shall both come one year, and after that in another year shall come a rumour, and violence in the land, ruler against ruler. " (Jeremiah 51:46)

This passage of scripture has really being sticking in my mind and heart. The reason why is because I believe that those who are looking for the signs will be able to identify Mystery Bablyon before its destruction. As of right now, I am kind of leaning towards the church still being around when the destruction of Babylon happens. Why? Because over and over again ? commands His people to leave Babylon before it is destroyed by fire. Those who are watching will be able to flee because of the rumor that will go throughout the land for 2 years. ? will give ample time for His elect to flee out of the midst of Babylon. I also believe that the church will be around before it's destruction because the beast empire will rise after the destruction of mystery Babylon. I believe that once Mystery Babylon is destroyed the AC will reveal himself because the 10 kings are the ones who will hate Mystery Babylon and destroy it. We see in Revelation 17 that the 10 kings are still confederate with the beast, thus the beast has not yet subdued 3 of the kings in accordance with Daniel 7. So mystery Babylon must be destroyed before the AC reveals himself and we know that the AC will only reveal himself once the restrainer is taken out of the way.

I'm just trying to put the pieces together. And I would greatly appreciate some thoughts, comments, and dialogue with my fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ in regards to this subject.

? bless you.

Comments

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    America is Mystery Babylon. Other nations waxed rich because of her and she has influence over the whole Earth. She has become a haven for every race, kindred, and tongue. Every thing imaginable is practiced and done in her confines.There are so many other signs she fulfills.
    Your not in the proper time frame , DoU. You keep looking to past and future, while the present is going right before your eyes.
    If you don't know that and can't see it then you won't make it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    America is Mystery Babylon. Other nations waxed rich because of her and she has influence over the whole Earth. She has become a haven for every race, kindred, and tongue. Every thing imaginable is practiced and done in her confines.There are so many other signs she fulfills.
    Your not in the proper time frame , DoU. You keep looking to past and future, while the present is going right before your eyes.
    If you don't know that and can't see it then you won't make it.

I too believe that America is Mystery Babylon. That is why I posted what I posted. ? commands His people over and over again to flee from Babylon before it's destruction. Jeremiah 51:46 emphatically states that there will be a rumor in the land for 2 years that will be a key warning sign for Gods people to flee before destruction comes. So we are on the same page my friend.

The more I read Jeremiah 50-51, Isaiah 13-14, and Revelation 17-18 I see America as being mystery Babylon. Sadly many other believers don't hold that viewpoint. They point to the catholic church, the literal rebuilding of Babylon in Iraq, or Rome as other suggestions for who mystery Babylon is. But it just can't be IMO.

America must be judged and judged severely by ? . The only way I see that happening is how Mystery Babylon is described as being destroyed in the word of ? , in 1 hour!

If America is destroyed in 1 hour like mystery babylon will be, truly the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.(revelation 18:9-10)

When the destruction of Babylon finally happens, the 4th beast empire spoken of in Daniel 7 will finally take over the world and thus the beast will have full control and he will tread down the entire earth.

Question for you Andstep, how do you see the events of Daniel 7 playing out in regards to the destruction of mystery babylon? Also, where do you see the body of Christ at when the destruction of Mystery Babylon happens?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Could the mystery that is babylon be an allegory for some aspect of the mind?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Read Jeremiah 50-51, Revelation 17-18, and Isaiah 13-14 and tell me how the "mind" can be an allegory for the descriptions of the destruction of Babylon.
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    Options

Certain civilization foretold events to happen. Meso-American cultures predicted the coming of a new world ruler who come with a new way of life and that he would touch their shores and would be a ? to them. This was correctly predicted in the coming of European, global ? . They even predicted minute details that would coincide with his coming. This is not unusual or even unprecedented.

Certain people can predict certain things by weighing circumstances time people and their way of thinking. That is what the Bible and many prophetic utterances represent. Could it be an allegory? I guess it could be if we look deep into it. But, I always believed you must deal with the physical before you get to the metaphysical.

SO what do you think it could mean allegorically?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lmao

every religious prophecy is vague enough to be self-fulfilling

"something big will happen, new people will come around, there will be conflicts, the good guys will win in the end"

smh at any adult actually believing this shiiiiiiiiiiit
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Question for you Andstep, how do you see the events of Daniel 7 playing out in regards to the destruction of mystery babylon? Also, where do you see the body of Christ at when the destruction of Mystery Babylon happens?

Well part of Daniel 7 has been fulfilled. The Four great beast represent nations and powers. These nations represent a progression until it reaches the culmination of the Fourth Beast which is what we have today. The horns on the beast represent satellite nations that are connected to the beast. America is losing her possesions that she once held sway over in Central and South America.

The Ancient of Days is symbolic of of people who have been here from the beginning that are being prepared to take over the scepter of rulership. As it was in the beginning so shall it be at the coming of the Son of Man. The tail shall be the head and the last shall be first. I will leave it up to you to see who fits that description. The beast was sonning the saints until the Ancient of Days came on the scene. This means those people finally woke up to their true selves and Original state and what they were given was more John Blaze than what the beast had. And they took their rightful place as spiritual heads of a New World Order.

Now as far as the Body of Christ they will be wherever they are at. The Earth belongs to the righteous. This world is shutting down not the Earth. it will be around a long time. Some will be in Mystery Babylon, and at the right time they will know when it is time to go. Some will lose their lives in Mystery Babylon, doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. The righteous never perish because there work and good deeds define them and the work that they do live beyond them. When you strive to live and are living a righteous life sincerely and in tune with nature, your perception is different and deeper than others. You can perceive things others can't and what you perceive won't make sense to them because you are really on a higher plane. That is why arguing with rebels and disbelievers is really at it's core a waste of time because they can't perceive what you do because they have not been wired and programmed like that, yet.

Time brings about a change in every living creature. This is a physical law as well as a spiritual one.......
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I always believed you must deal with the physical before you get to the metaphysical.

I always felt it was to be the other way around.

SO what do you think it could mean allegorically?
    "The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

The beast being the ego, the 'thing' that is yet isn't.

The 'woman' I think could mean the ? nature of ego, and "The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth." are the seven deadly sins the ego abides by.

I'm not ? on this thought, but I do ponder it a lot.
  • Dirty District
    Dirty District Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mystery Babylon was/is Rome. Revelation, in fact, is overwhelmingly an allegorical reference to the presumed fall of the western roman empire
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? District wrote: »
    Mystery Babylon was/is Rome.

Revelation, in fact, is overwhelmingly an allegorical reference to the presumed fall of the western roman empire

The following is a correlation of some of the Revelations descriptions,

and unique fulfillment found in well known facts re: the Vatican.

From chapters 17 & 18 - IFO = IN FULFILLMENT OF

17:2 '.....with whom the kings of the earth committed immorality....'.

IFO 17:2 - Immoral ties of the Vatican with earthly rulers

are presently and historically verifiable.

17:4 '.....and the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet...'.

IFO 17:4 - Find a picture of the Cardinals in full costume.

17:5 '.....Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots....'.

IFO 17:5 - The Vatican calls herself the 'mother' 'church' because the denominations came out of her.

The denominations share her ? .

17:6 '.....? with the blood of saints...'.

IFO 17:6 - Study the inquisitions.

A policy of murder & torture of real people, carried out openly over centuries.

Inspired and directed by men who claim to be the unique and direct representatives of Jesus Christ.

17:9 '.....seven hills on which the woman sits....'.

IFO 17:9 - Rome is famous for its seven hills.

17:15 '.....The waters which you saw where the woman sits,

are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues....'.

IFO 17:15 - The worldwide influence of the Vatican is obvious.

17:18 '.....and the woman you saw is the great city which reigns

over the kings of the earth...'.

IFO 17:18 -The popes long ruled openly over the kings of the known world. Every king knew that if he bucked the papacy, then the pope would - could - did encourage the citizens to revolt. This principle is still in practice today.

18:4 '.....voice from heaven saying: Come out of her MY people...'.

IFO 18:4 - Some R.C.'s belong to Jesus and will come out. [they will also come out of the denominations]

This is happening now, and has happened before.

18:12-19 .... describes the great wealth of the great ? .

IFO 18:12-19- Vatican's financial assets [open & hidden] are enormous.

The Revelation says there is a great ? in the city of 7 hills.

Lo and behold, there is.
    Most commentators place the writing of

the Revelation at around 90AD, well before the Vatican existed.

This visible and verifiable fulfillment is ? -given evidence

confirming the truth of Jesus Christ.

"Come out of her MY people..." [Rev.18:4]
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Maybe I should be a little more keen to the prophesies associated with the Bible, but I just find the signs and wonders being made out to be...the things that are the objects of faith than rather the one whom we should have faith in. It is as if that is all we are looking forward to; a spectacular biblical display of things coming true. If America is "the new Babylon", then it will be ? 's call.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I find it more interesting that there's different "opinions" (such as DoU stated was HIS OPINION) or "interpretations" to this whole bible ? . It's almost funny really, some think it's a reality, some think it's metaphorical for life and what have you and supposed to be led by a "holy spirit" who doesn't lead you the wrong direction. Guess GPS ain't workin' or something...
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    Options

IFO 17:5 - The Vatican calls herself the 'mother' 'church' because the denominations came out of her.

Inspired and directed by men who claim to be the unique and direct representatives of Jesus Christ.

IFO 17:18 -The popes long ruled openly over the kings of the known world. Every king knew that if he bucked the papacy, then the pope would - could - did encourage the citizens to revolt. This principle is still in practice today.

IFO 18:4 - Some R.C.'s belong to Jesus and will come out. [they will also come out of the denominations]

Lo and behold, there is.

All of this ? is incorrect.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

How do you know what is incorrect or what's correct for certain? Can you not just carefully put things together to make these prophecies seem true? It's not like it's literally telling you word for word what is exact, it's giving you terms of metaphors, allegories, symbolic meanings that can be taken in any which way which we see here so far.
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    How do you know what is incorrect or what's correct for certain? Can you not just carefully put things together to make these prophecies seem true? It's not like it's literally telling you word for word what is exact, it's giving you terms of metaphors, allegories, symbolic meanings that can be taken in any which way which we see here so far.

Because I said so ? , don't ask me no questions.
  • akomax
    akomax Members Posts: 483 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    student of life odds are u r going to fail ...

ps: its correct Because i said so ? , don't ask me no questions .
  • Dirty District
    edited June 2011
    Options

lmao, his line of reasoning is no more convoluted than yours.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mystery Babylon was/is Rome. Revelation, in fact, is overwhelmingly an allegorical reference to the presumed fall of the western roman empire

"At the noise of the taking of Babylon the earth is moved, and the cry is heard among the nations."
    Jeremiah 51:46

How could the earth move if Rome is Mystery Babylon my friend? But the earth would literally move if Mystery Babylon is America.

"How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!" Jeremiah 50:23

How can Rome be the hammer of the whole earth? Who is afraid of Rome? But America is definately the hammer of the whole earth! America has military bases around the world and we are currently involved in 3 wars. What is Rome doing?

"Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the hindermost of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert." Jeremiah 50:12

Who is the mother of Rome? How can Rome be considered the "hindermost" (last) of the nations?
    But America does have a mother and we are the last of the nations.

Just some questions for you to consider. ? bless.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Maybe I should be a little more keen to the prophesies associated with the Bible, but I just find the signs and wonders being made out to be...the things that are the objects of faith than rather the one whom we should have faith in. It is as if that is all we are looking forward to; a spectacular biblical display of things coming true. If America is "the new Babylon", then it will be ? 's call.

Interesting. I don't believe that those who truly are born-again are caught up in the signs and wonders, but rather they are being watchful like Jesus commanded His followers to be. If you are a follower of Jesus you are to be watching and praying always so that He will not come at an hour that you least expect, nor like a thief in the night. ? has given us signs in order for those that are His to recognize the signs of the times. So it's not the signs that have true believers interests, its the evidence of the signs that continue to keep true believers focus on the author and finisher of our faith, the Lord Jesus Christ.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2011
    Options

Lo and behold, there is.

No way in the world that this can be true. We must re-examine the scriptures my friend because Mystery Babylon is not the Roman Catholic Church/Vatican. It's impossible to be honest.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    so if america = mystery babylon... will you be leaving the country?
  • Dirty District
    edited June 2011
    Options

"At the noise of the taking of Babylon the earth is moved, and the cry is heard among the nations."
    Jeremiah 51:46

How could the earth move if Rome is Mystery Babylon my friend? But the earth would literally move if Mystery Babylon is America.

"How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!" Jeremiah 50:23

How can Rome be the hammer of the whole earth? Who is afraid of Rome? But America is definately the hammer of the whole earth! America has military bases around the world and we are currently involved in 3 wars. What is Rome doing?

"Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the hindermost of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert." Jeremiah 50:12

Who is the mother of Rome? How can Rome be considered the "hindermost" (last) of the nations?
    But America does have a mother and we are the last of the nations.

Just some questions for you to consider. ? bless.

Your reasoning is understandable in a modern context. But the earliest accepted dating of the Revelation of John is about 69 CE, and if you simply consider the stature of the Roman Empire at this time in history, and moreover the turbulent relationship it had with Christianity at this point, it makes plenty sense.

Moreover, you seem to be glossing over the fact that Mystery Babylon is explicitly identified in scripture as a city seated upon seven hills (verses 19 and 9 respectively) two stipulations that Rome satisfies and seemingly disqualify the US.

I could go on, and there are number of pretty well developed academic arguments about why the Roman empire is the focus of Revelation, but I don't suppose any of them are going to move you. We have two very different views of scripture that aren't about to be reconciled any time soon, but I hope you find what you're looking for. There are a lot of other books and teachings in the bible that better deserve your time and energy
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    so if america = mystery babylon... will you be leaving the country?

When the call to flee goes out, Yes.

Will you flee if you hear the call?
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    When the call to flee goes out, Yes.

Will you flee if you hear the call?

who gives this call... and how?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Your reasoning is understandable in a modern context. But the earliest accepted dating of the Revelation of John is about 69 CE, and if you simply consider the stature of the Roman Empire at this time in history, and moreover the turbulent relationship it had with Christianity at this point, it makes plenty sense.

Moreover, you seem to be glossing over the fact that Mystery Babylon is explicitly identified in scripture as a city seated upon seven hills (verses 19 and 9 respectively) two stipulations that Rome satisfies and seemingly disqualify the US.

I could go on, and there are number of pretty well developed academic arguments about why the Roman empire is the focus of Revelation, but I don't suppose any of them are going to move you. We have two very different views of scripture that aren't about to be reconciled any time soon, but I hope you find what you're looking for. There are a lot of other books and teachings in the bible that better deserve your time and energy

The 7 hills are actually rendered land masses in the original language. And they refer to the 7 continents, not the 7 hills of Rome. Also my friend, the view that Rome is mystery babylon is an old thought. While many thoughts about mystery Babylon have been put forth by respectable and outstanding bible scholars they are extremely dated.

We are now living in the literal end times and thus we have more knowledge and information about the key players of the end times. This fact was limited for the 1,000's of years that have past since the writing of Revelation. America is the mystery of all mysteries. And there is no other country that satisfies the requirements of mystery Babylon than America.

Just take Daniel 12:4, "4But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."

The spiritual application of this verse is that ? said that at the end time many would go to and fro throughout the scriptures and knowledge would be increased. And this knowledge is a knowledge of eschatology!

It is time to reconsider long held views that are outdated and can not match up with what is now known in todays world. Rome just does not fit the characteristics of end time Mystery Babylon. There is no way and no how.

Are you open to a teachable spirit my friend and a reconsideration of your view points?