Ladies - Paying for a man in Public?

Options
13»

Comments

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    He pays all the time and I feel the want to come out of pocket for a man I am into and so I do.
    Last 3rd date I went on, I paid after he went out for the first 2. The 4th consisted of me getting mad groceries and whipping up a 9 dish meal, dessert, his favorite drinks etc.

It's nice to do for a man. It shouldn't have to be one sided all the time. It is a partnership and that's how I treat it as.
    kat2180 wrote: »
    9 dish meal?!

Go on and give us the run down on that.

word Marley.............

cooking up a 9-dish meal is a sign cuzzo got to run them cheeks that night LOL

:(
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I dont have a problem with chicks paying for ? . I have a problem with chicks driving dudes around all the time. When my wife is driving I feel weird. Hell I feel weird being in the passenger seat of anyone's car, really!

But my wife pays for ? when we are at the department stores. That is mostly because she gets a discount on her credit cards that I dont get.

you sound like my husband. lol. I hate driving him around. This might be stupid but I feel some kinda way about it.

on topic: I never really paid that much attention to this... we have a joint account so we both are paying for everything. it's just a matter of who takes their card out first. Most times it's him because i have to dig thru my purse. lol..
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    so, how bout you take me to benihana and let me get $300 worth of food lol

All they getting from me these days is noodle cups and C&C sodas.. lol
  • Im_Linx
    Im_Linx Members Posts: 573 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Actually i think men have more of the problem when a woman pays for the meal in public. There to worried about what the next male or female is thinking

I been with my man for awhile so we dont do the whole u pay for all of this anymore because its not needed when we both have money and have nothing to prove. but there was a few times I would pay for dinner because what we did before he had paid for. But he would hate if I said ill pay for your appetizer just pick which one you want. or he wouldnt like people seeing me take my money out to pay. Its def a ego thing with men.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    you sound like my husband. lol. I hate driving him around. This might be stupid but I feel some kinda way about it.

on topic: I never really paid that much attention to this... we have a joint account so we both are paying for everything. it's just a matter of who takes their card out first. Most times it's him because i have to dig thru my purse. lol..

I am in the same boat so.................
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I dont know why people stress this. ? has to get paid for. the value of the money is the same whether you are male or female. people get too emotional over dumb ? .

ego is a helluva thing
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Coby Vibes wrote: »
    I dont know why people stress this. ? has to get paid for. the value of the money is the same whether you are male or female. people get too emotional over dumb ? .

ego is a helluva thing

That it is......
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i've never done it with someone i was just dating/talking to, but i wouldn't mind it either. once you get in a relationship that ? stops mattering if it even did at all.
  • Oneblackrose2hi
    Oneblackrose2hi Members Posts: 401 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ...I have no prob paying for my guy but I'd prolly give him the money before hand...as long as I'm doing it cause I want to and not cause I have to....that's the only time it would be uncomfortable...
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited September 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i wouldn't care in the least, esp if he's paid for me be4. i actually like paying, esp when were first dating, just to keep a balance, and just in general, i like to be able to handle it sometimes.

This, pretty much. I would feel awkward if he paid for things all the time.
  • CaliGurl
    CaliGurl Members Posts: 17
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't have a problem paying on occassion if i'm feeling the dude. And I like to go dutch on the first date, keeps hard feelings and the sense of 'I earned' something out of it. This way if the date is a bust it dueces and no hard feelings. But second date and further if i see him putting forward effort I will pay from time to time....I like to keep the playing field level to some extent.

Now that i'm married and out the dating scene I like letting him have the appearance of holding the reins. We go out twice a week on average and he picks up most the tabs, but if it's my time to take care of a nite i'll slide him the money for the night ahead of time. It's ironic because we handle our bills, etc together but maintain separate accounts for personal spending. Letting him physically pay (even if it's my money) let's me keep a sense of being spoiled and courted even though i'm all booyed up. ? someone has to treat me special if I'm holding it down all married :)