Jill Scott's soul burns to see a white woman....

Options
bless the child
bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
with a successful black man. She wrote an essay about it. I know alot of you sellout negros on here cant feel that but here's the essay if you wanna read it. Its a good read.

Comments

• bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My new friend is handsome, African-American, intelligent and seemingly wealthy. He is an athlete, loves his momma, and is happily married to a White woman. I admit when I saw his wedding ring, I privately hoped. But something in me just knew he didn't marry a sister. Although my guess hit the mark, when my friend told me his wife was indeed Caucasian, I felt my spirit...wince. I didn't immediately understand it. My face read happy for you. My body showed no reaction to my inner pinch, but the sting was there, quiet like a mosquito under a summer dress.

Was I jealous? Did the reality of his relationship somehow diminish his soul's credibility? The answer is not simple. One could easily dispel the wince as racist or separatist, but that's not how I was brought up. I was reared in a Jehovah's Witness household. I was taught that every man should be judged by his deeds and not his color, and I firmly stand where my grandmother left me. African people worldwide are known to be welcoming and open-minded. We share our culture sometimes to our own peril and most of us love the very notion of love. My position is that for women of color, this very common "wince" has solely to do with the African story in America.

When our people were enslaved, "? " placed his Caucasian woman on a pedestal. She was spoiled, revered and angelic, while the Black slave woman was overworked, beaten, ? and farmed out like cattle to be mated. She was nothing and neither was our Black man. As slavery died for the greater good of America, and the movement for equality sputtered to life, the White woman was on the cover of every American magazine. She was the dazzling jewel on every movie screen, the glory of every commercial and television show. She was unequivocally the standard of beauty for this country, firmly unattainable to anyone not of her race. We daughters of the dust were seen as ugly, nappy mammies, good for day work and unwanted children, while our men were thought to be thieving, sex-hungry animals with limited brain capacity.

We reflect on this awful past and recall that if a Black man even looked at a White woman, he would have been lynched, beaten, jailed or shot to death. In the midst of this, Black women and Black men struggled together, mourned together, starved together, braved the hoses and vicious police dogs and died untimely on southern back roads together. These harsh truths lead to what we really feel when we see a seemingly together brother with a Caucasian woman and their children. That feeling is betrayed. While we exert efforts to raise our sons and daughters to appreciate themselves and respect others, most of us end up doing this important work alone, with no fathers or like representatives, limited financial support (often court-enforced) and, on top of everything else, an empty bed. It's frustrating and it hurts!

Our minds do understand that people of all races find genuine love in many places. We dig that the world is full of amazing options. But underneath, there is a bite, no matter the ointment, that has yet to stop burning. Some may find these thoughts to be hurtful. That is not my intent. I'm just sayin'.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yt stay runnin her
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Black women are bitter about seeing a Black man happy, what else is new?
  • b@squ1@t redux
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yt got her brain in a headlock

if she took her ? to the gym she mighta been able to pull him
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The ? is happy tho....HAPPILY married...anybody check the divorce rate for african americans? lol ? is ridiculous.
  • Rell Mayne
    Rell Mayne Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *skeets in ? Scotts face*

* Capes Up

*Flys you through A 50 foot Building
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    T/S - who is dat salacious young thang in yo av? gotdayum, dunn!!!!
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    QB - 2nd Edition Members Posts: 445
    edited March 2010
    Options
    did you hear what she said? he was HAPPILY married to a white women

you know how many black men sacrifice the hanging out in the club, being cool, fuccking all the ?

for an education that will one day help to lay the foundation for his castle so that he can build a family

just to marry some dumb black ? that is probably gonna cheat on him and stress him out
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    u aint ? . go back to yo scally wag wife

lmao!!!!! oooooooooooo ? hahahahaha
  • Rell Mayne
    Rell Mayne Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    u aint ? . go back to yo scally wag wife

Suck the Bottom of my Nuts...

* Pops you on the Top of your head

Slow ? ....
  • Prim-O Cla$$ic
    Prim-O Cla$$ic Members Posts: 2,409
    edited March 2010
    Options
    She can't get mad.....she better lose some weight if she wants 2 be desirable.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    it aint a black women's fault exclusively either

we dont respect each other, and most of the time we dont want better for ourselves
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1. Black men and women don't belong to each other (we are not property), ? need to get the ? off this monolithic thinking. It's superficial to think that a interracial couple isn't with each other for good reasons.

2. The black women that she is talking about from slavery days are not the same black women you see hoe strolling down the street today, isn't Jill Scott divorced. Where the ? was all that black love blah blah blah ? at?

3. The world has progressed and we can't be hypocrites when it comes to discrimination, because i'm sure if a white parent's was to say to their kids they don't want their daughters or sons to date a black woman or man people would be up in arms about it. Ignorance is ignorance period!

4. SMH at these pretentious Neo Soul chicks, they irritate me. These India Arie,Jill Scott,etc type chicks always try to come off as deep and spiritual, but they ain't no different than these birds out here. They aren't any different because they dress like Ceelo and Andre 3000.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    1. Black men and women don't belong to each other (we are not property), ? need to get the ? off this monolithic thinking. It's superficial to think that a interracial couple isn't with each other for good reasons.

2. The black women that she is talking about from slavery days are not the same black women you see hoe strolling down the street today, isn't Jill Scott divorced. Where the ? was all that black love blah blah blah ? at?

3. The world has progressed and we can't be hypocrites when it comes to discrimination, because i'm sure if a white parent's was to say to their kids they don't want their daughters or sons to date a black woman or man people would be up in arms about it. Ignorance is ignorance period!

4. SMH at these pretentious Neo Soul chicks, they irritate me. These India Arie,Jill Scott,etc type chicks always try to come off as deep and spiritual, but they ain't no different than these birds out here. They aren't any different because they dress like Ceelo and Andre 3000.

dam ? u killed these darkies with this one
  • b@squ1@t redux
    edited March 2010
    Options
    SMH at these pretentious Neo Soul chicks, they irritate me. These India Arie,Jill Scott,etc type chicks always try to come off as deep and spiritual, but they ain't no different than these birds out here. They aren't any different because they dress like Ceelo and Andre 3000.

quoted for trillocity
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

That, sir, deserves a co-sign...........................
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    those who are stressed out about this whole topic
    are simply trying to force things that just dont work thats all
    when they finally realize the object is just to big to fit in the box, they will be alright
    until then........................... they will just complain and wonder why ? is like
    this and why ? is like that
  • Prim-O Cla$$ic
    Prim-O Cla$$ic Members Posts: 2,409
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Pretentious people make my stomach hurt, word 2 Nuri.
  • takesithard1
    takesithard1 Members Posts: 134
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I liked her essay
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I liked her essay

so you think she's right?????????/
  • takesithard1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No when it comes to a subject like this to me no one is right or wrong but I still like and respect what she had to say
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No when it comes to a subject like this to me no one is right or wrong but I still like and respect what she had to say

in other words.................. you think she's right
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

damn i can't believe I'm saying this but cosign

what I hate about men and women like her is that the only reason they even give a ? is because their relationships bombed and failed. So now because she has had failed relationships and is miserable every other man who isnt interested in her has to be miserable too.
  • sounds of jacob
    sounds of jacob Banned Users Posts: 166
    edited March 2010
    Options

2. The black women that she is talking about from slavery days are not the same black women you see hoe strolling down the street today, isn't jill scott divorced. Where the ? was all that black love blah blah blah ? at?

4. Smh at these pretentious neo soul chicks, they irritate me. These india arie,jill scott,etc type chicks always try to come off as deep and spiritual, but they ain't no different than these birds out here. They aren't any different because they dress like ceelo and andre 3000.

i dONT expect much from a ? in the marines ...
  • takesithard1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    In other words, I like the way she expressed her opinion on how she felt

Just because I like the way she expressed herself doesnt mean I agree with what she said
This discussion has been closed.