Jill Scott's soul burns to see a white woman....

Options

Comments

• QB - 2nd Edition
    QB - 2nd Edition Members Posts: 445
    edited March 2010
    Options
    In other words, I like the way she expressed her opinion on how she felt

Just because I like the way she expressed herself doesnt mean I agree with what she said

lol im just fucckin wit u
    how u doin
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol @ fat jill when she latches on to a white boy 4 years from now

*psychic offerings*
  • takesithard1
    takesithard1 Members Posts: 134
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Im fine,bored.........
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    1. Black men and women don't belong to each other (we are not property), ? need to get the ? off this monolithic thinking. It's superficial to think that a interracial couple isn't with each other for good reasons.

2. The black women that she is talking about from slavery days are not the same black women you see hoe strolling down the street today, isn't Jill Scott divorced. Where the ? was all that black love blah blah blah ? at?

3. The world has progressed and we can't be hypocrites when it comes to discrimination, because i'm sure if a white parent's was to say to their kids they don't want their daughters or sons to date a black woman or man people would be up in arms about it. Ignorance is ignorance period!

4. SMH at these pretentious Neo Soul chicks, they irritate me. These India Arie,Jill Scott,etc type chicks always try to come off as deep and spiritual, but they ain't no different than these birds out here. They aren't any different because they dress like Ceelo and Andre 3000.

1. It takes a black man and black woman to make a black person so we do belong to each other.Its you ideas of "individualism" that has your warped. You ? need to learn to have a little more respect for that which created you. Especially when it comes to you defending these same people that tried to belittle you, and still till this day will tell you who you are, what you are etc.
    2. The black women of today are products of the blacks women from slaves days. Just like white folks of today are products of white folks from slave days.
    3. The world has not progressed, dont confuse technological advances with advances as human beings. Europeans conquered the world and got comfortable, thats all that has changed. You ? are happy is hell they are letting you ? their woman, while you dont control the bare essentials that define your existence, a hard head makes a soft ass. Im almost praying for a major natural just so some you ? can understand how real it is.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Im fine,bored.........

go mess with black men who are happily married to white women
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "? up" black women >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all others
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1. It takes a black man and black woman to make a black person so we do belong to each other.Its you ideas of "individualism" that has you warped. You ? need to learn to have a little more respect for that which created you. Especially when it comes to you defending these same people that tried to belittle you, and still till this stay will tell you who you are, what you are etc.
    2. The black women of today are products of the blacks women from slaves days. Just like white folks of today are products of white folks from slave days.
    3. The world has not progressed, dont confuse technological advances with advances as human beings. Europeans conquered the world and got comfortable, thats all that has changed. You ? are happy is hell they are letting you ? their woman, while you dont control the bare essentials that define your existence, a hard head makes a soft ass. Im almost praying for a major natural just so some you ? can understand how real it is.

you got some points but fucc all that
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this has always been her stance though. no surprises.
    she even has a few songs touching on it. I can recall hearing about an incident with her in concert talking about it and people started leaving the show
    well... the ir couples started leaving the show
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @ bless the child how you you suppose a black man show respect to what created him?
    they dont want respect
    and the one's who do show respect get ? on and turn into playas becuz they are tired of it
    or................ turn to white women
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As a product of an interracial relationship I can't agree with usmarine more, and disagree with Ms. Scott.

There is no intrinsic self hatred among black men and women who date outside of their race, and that mans marriage has nothing to do with her, or any ill feelings towards black women, so I don't understand why her and so many other black people are so caught up in, and dead set against, interracial relationships for no logical reason.....
  • takesithard1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'll pass I have a black man who is happily married to his black woman
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @ bless the child how you you suppose a black man show respect to what created him?
    they dont want respect
    and the one's who do show respect get ? on and turn into playas becuz they are tired of it
    or................ turn to white women

They dont want respect? what you mean?
  • digitalgrl87
    digitalgrl87 Members Posts: 498
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Our minds do understand that people of all races find genuine love in many places. We dig that the world is full of amazing options. But underneath, there is a bite, no matter the ointment, that has yet to stop burning. Some may find these thoughts to be hurtful. That is not my intent. I'm just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

^
    To those of you who are knockin what Jill wrote i have to ask... why? She clearly isn't against interracial dating or is she justifying racism, if you read the entire essay, all she is saying is that it hurts black woman sometimes to see a successful black man with a white woman after all that we as a people have been put through.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'll pass I have a black man who is happily married to his black woman

!!!!!!!!!!! really

you two shud make a documentary to show everyoce else how its done
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    They dont want respect? what you mean?

look at the black women who ? for money or nuthin at all
    look at the black women who complain about a ? puttin his hands on her and stays
    look a the black women who dont put they foot down when a ? call her a no good ?
    they are the same ones who turn around and find someone who respects them and ? on em
  • takesithard1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    look at the black women who complain about a ? puttin his hands on her and stays
    look a the black women who dont put they foot down when a ? call her a no good ?
    they are the same ones who turn around and find someone who respects them and ? on em

so only the black woman does those things?
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Our minds do understand that people of all races find genuine love in many places. We dig that the world is full of amazing options. But underneath, there is a bite, no matter the ointment, that has yet to stop burning. Some may find these thoughts to be hurtful. That is not my intent. I'm just sayin'.

^
    To those of you who are knockin what Jill wrote i have to ask... why? She clearly isn't against interracial dating or is she justifying racism, if you read the entire essay, all she is saying is that it hurts black woman sometimes to see a successful black man with a white woman after all that we as a people have been put through.[/QUOTE]

there are good black women out there. there are good women out there period
    its just that the black women who want to ? everybody and stress a brother out overshadows the other women
    i mean when you judge a person by the way he looks, what he wears, and what not its sumthing wrong
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So, how would she feel if she saw a white woman with a less than successful black man?
  • digitalgrl87
    digitalgrl87 Members Posts: 498
    edited March 2010
    Options

^
    all women do this......when will people stop putting white women on a pedestal. there are bad apples in every bunch.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    so only the black woman does those things?

no they arent but for the most part yeah
    and we are talking about black women in this thread
    i mean i NEVER heard a women who wasnt black say
    fuckk ? get money
    or
    where the ballers at
    or
    he aint wearing jordans
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i dONT expect much from a ? in the marines ...

I'm not in the Marines, i'm in law school nigglet!
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Most of you ? have been bamboozled, y'all really believe in fairytale of an interracial harmonious world where everyone can live in peace 'ebony and ivory lived in perfect harmony' ? .
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Black women love to play that abandonment card....Black Men aint abandon the black woman...black women abandoned the black man...they were standing strong together thru-out slavery and civil rights then the feminist movement came that wasnt even for them and they jumped from the side of the black man to the side of the white woman fighting for some ? that didnt even apply to them in the first place...FOH...yall ? dont ever hear a black man all on TV or in magazines on Oprah and Tyra crying talking about going to get a white woman...? aint said ? ...? jus bounce...black women openly market "? aint ? " "go get urself a white man girl" defamation and abandonment ? ...all on TV on every talk show...in every ? magazine...? aint doing that ? ? get tired of all the ? "sistahs" bringing and just quietly hop the damn fence...its funny how "? aint ? " when it comes to sistahs but ? are happily married or in successful relationships when it comes to other races and ethnicities of women...however the same things ? complain about with black women are the exact same things other races and ethnicities of men complain about when dating a black woman...smh...FOH with that ? !!!
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^
    all women do this......when will people stop putting white women on a pedestal. there are bad apples in every bunch.

yea u are right there are bad apples in every bunch
    but it is broadcasted mostly in the african american community and seen as something that they should want
    look at the music and videos
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So, how would she feel if she saw a white woman with a less than successful black man?

Exactly, black women only have a problem with interracial dating when the dude is successful or handsome.Superficial ass ? !
This discussion has been closed.