Atheists are buying the rights to that anti-evolution "Expelled" movie

@My_nameaintearl
@My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
You guys probably don't remember that dishonest and misleading Documentary starring Ben Stein because it was a commercial failure and it was completely debunked by academics and the internet, but some atheists remember it and now we're going to buy it because its owners are dumb.
As most of you already know, the production company Premise Media went bankrupt. Their execrable propaganda film, “Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed”, is on the auction block. The online auction is proceeding now, and will end on Tuesday, June 28th.

The auction promises that besides all available rights and interests in the finished film itself (there is an existing distribution contract), the winner will get all the production materials and rights to them. Want to know what was in the rest of the interviews with Richard Dawkins and PZ Myers? I know I would like to have that material archived and made available to the public, among other things that Premise Media found inconvenient to include in their film.

There was talk among individuals on “After the Bar Closes” about the auction. Kristine Harley pointed out that, depending on exactly what is in the production materials, there may well be “Wedge Document 2” in there somewhere. When the “academic freedom” label on religious antievolution goes to court, it could be very handy to have those materials on hand.

But any one individual is unlikely to have the wherewithal to make the winning bid on this.

Today, the TalkOrigins Archive Foundation approved a resolution to use our funds on hand to put in a bid on “Expelled”. We hope to make many of the materials freely available and to collaborate with other groups seeking to produce rebuttals to claims made in “Expelled”. To that end, we would like your help. Our final bid amount will be determined by funds on hand and what has come in via our PayPal donation button by Monday, June 27th. This is because there are delays in transfers between PayPal and the bank, and (hopefully!) we’ll need to pay out of our bank account.
http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2011/06/help-talkorigin.html

So now all of the duplicitous editing in the film is going to be exposed for the sham that it was.

Christians, you mad?

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Does the "Don't judge a book by its cover" rule apply to movies?:

ExpelledNoIntelligenceAllowed.jpg?t=1255379138

^^Because that looks terrible.

But yeh, I'd still say there's no achievement in paying for that ? .
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Truth will prevail regardless to whoever edits or purchases the rights to it. Christians or Atheists if the truth be with you it will manifest in due time. Nature is incredible that way.

But why would atheist buy a movie that nobody watched? Who are you going to convince? The 3 people that watched it? This is going to be nothing but one big circle ? .

So you donate via PayPal and they will take the funds you give and promise you something that you really won't benefit from? Sounds like the Church to me........

Laughing at Atheist using Christian pastors fundraising techniques. LOL

There are 1.6 billion Christians and growing...
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    I don't see this as a blow to Christianity (or religion for that matter) or a win for the atheists. It's more of a blow to the company who made wrong business decisions. The documentary serves the purpose of showing how science can also be influenced by worldviews and presuppositions and giving the type of backing that evolution has, it can be made to support not just evidence...but a way of life.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited June 2011
    And Step wrote: »
    So you donate via PayPal and they will take the funds you give and promise you something that you really won't benefit from?

Actually the benefits will be quite tangible. All of the production notes, the footage that got left on the cutting room floor, the "show bible" if they still use that term. All of this will be made available and will be put to the good use of clearing the good name of evolution. Although the film was a flop, a number of Christians did bus kids to the theaters to see it, leaving many impressionable young minds with the false idea that evolution lead to the Holocaust, the film's thesis. With the truth about the making of this film being brought to light, there is a chance, however slim, that some of these kids can be set straight.
    Laughing at Atheist using Christian pastors fundraising techniques.
    Pastors use guilt and fear to goad people into donating directly to their own wallet. This operation is totally up-front about their intentions and isn't threatening anyone with eternal damnation should they choose not to participate.

But why am I bothering to explain these very simple things to a ? who makes ? Muslim aliases just because he's mad at a mod? SMH.
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    Actually the benefits will be quite tangible. All of the production notes, the footage that got left on the cutting room floor, the "show bible" if they still use that term. All of this will be made available and will be put to the good use of clearing the good name of evolution. Although the film was a flop, a number of Christians did bus kids to the theaters to see it, leaving many impressionable young minds with the false idea that evolution lead to the Holocaust, the film's thesis. With the truth about the making of this film being brought to light, there is a chance, however slim, that some of these kids can be set straight.

It won't clear anything. These Children are taught religion non-stop. Do you think those same parents will take these same children to see a film that supposedly challenges their beliefs? That's like a Jewish person taking their child to see a movie that paints ? as a well rounded decent human being.
    Pastors use guilt and fear to goad people into donating directly to their own wallet. This operation is totally up-front about their intentions and isn't threatening anyone with eternal damnation should they choose not to participate.

Exactly. Atheist are using fear because, well... religion is winning(except in Europe). If you were not afraid why would you give a damn about something based on falsehood? Doesn't add up. If someone told me the Boogeyman was coming to get me, I wouldn't waste time trying to secure myself from him, because I know he doesn't exist.

But why am I bothering to explain these very simple things to a ? who makes ? Muslim aliases just because he's mad at a mod? SMH.

Because A) I make you look foolish B) You are the ? Alias and you are desperate for anything to salvage your degenerate weak psyche because you are a loser who gets enjoyment about being somebody on the IC. And C) You lack the historical backdrop to me and Janklow's longstanding disagreement about his career path.

SMH, at this loser ass all day and night IC surfing ? who cares about who is supposedly mad at who.

You need some ? .
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited June 2011
    Wow, that's a lot of emotion. U mad, And Stephanie? When multiple mods reveal that you're making gayliases, you're making gayliases.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    What is this movie about?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited June 2011
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    What is this movie about?

In a nutshell, it's Ben Stein arguing that believing in evolution lead directly to the horrors of WW2 and the Holocaust in particular. It's a propaganda piece intended to have people support teaching creationism in the public school science classroom.

Complete debunking here: http://www.expelledexposed.com/
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    When multiple mods reveal that you're making gayliases, you're making gayliases.

Well you did respond with a homophobic remark.

I guess, if your that desperate for some redemption and it means that much to you go on an do your thing, Al.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited June 2011
    Well you did respond with a homophobic remark.

That's true and I apologize to you and the LGBT community that you represent.
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    First of all, that Movie never flat out stated that evolution belief caused the holocaust. The premise of the movie was evolution theories gave rise to ? Germany and the Eugenics movement. This is true. You can't say that Darwin caused the Holocaust. But there is no denying that ? and his minions did rely on Darwin to further their agenda. They used many of the underlying arguments in Darwinism to justify their treatment of "inferior races and promote their agenda.

These same people linked up with the Eugenics movement in the US and they proposed elimination, forced sterilization, and abortions for those they deemed underdeveloped. It was the same mindset.

Atheists are nervous and frightened because they don't want to be linked with ? 's and other genocidal groups. That is understandable. People can make the connection. But most scientist are lousy business people, that is why they end up working for or turning their genius over to someone else. Anyone with marketing savvy knows you don't give free advertising to your competitors. Marketing 101. All it does is create interest and curiosity.

Watch with this latest efforts more people will start buying or watching the movie than during it's first release, creating more opposition.
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    That's true and I apologize to you and the LGBT community that you represent.

Well I often do attract lesbians, they love the kid. But I have respect for the sanctity of marriage and the hetero steelo. That is when you have sex with the opposite gender.

One day when you meet a women charitable and sympathetic enough you will experience that.
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited June 2011
    Evolution has nothing to do with Eugenics or the Holocaust anymore than saying ? had something to do with the Jones-town massacre or the Crusades. ? in particular did not support evolution. He arrive at his racial beliefs through a 'divine rights' argument.

"Thus, it [the folkish philosophy] by no means believes in an equality of races, but along with their difference it recognizes their higher or lesser value and feels itself obligated, through this knowledge, to promote the victory of the better and stronger, and demand the subordination of the inferior and weaker in accordance with the eternal will that dominates this universe." - ? 1943

Also

"What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and reproduction of our race and our people, . . . so that our people may mature for the fulfillment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe." ? 1943

It is a falsehood used today by people seeking to undermine evolution that they create a link that never existed to ? and ? .

Eugenics does find its birth in people inspired by evolution but the missed the point of the science. It is not unlike blaming the bible for the action of the Westboro Church. (The one that protest soldiers funerals.) Sure there are anti-? portions of the bible but to act purely on those passages is a bit mis-guided.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited June 2011
    The premise of the movie was evolution theories gave rise to ? Germany and the Eugenics movement. This is true.

No, this is false. See Whar's post.
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    whar67 wrote: »
    Evolution has nothing to do with Eugenics or the Holocaust anymore than saying ? had something to do with the Jones-town massacre or the Crusades. ? in particular did not support evolution. He arrive at his racial beliefs through a 'divine rights' argument.

"Thus, it [the folkish philosophy] by no means believes in an equality of races, but along with their difference it recognizes their higher or lesser value and feels itself obligated, through this knowledge, to promote the victory of the better and stronger, and demand the subordination of the inferior and weaker in accordance with the eternal will that dominates this universe." - ? 1943

? was all over the place he constantly contradicted himself. But since we want to play the quote mine peep this:

"Whatever survives these hardships of existence has been tested and tried a thousandfold, hardened and renders fit to continue the process of procreation; so that the same thorough selection will begin all over again. By thus dealing brutally with the individual and recalling him the very moment he shows that he is not fitted for the trials of life, Nature preserves the strength of the race and the species and raises it to the highest degree of efficiency".- Mein Kampf

"By leaving the process of procreation unchecked and by submitting the individual to the hardest preparatory tests in life, Nature selects the best from an abundance of single elements and stamps them as fit to live and carry on the conservation of the species" - Mein Kempf

"If Nature does not wish that weaker individuals should mate with the stronger, she wishes even less that a superior race should intermingle with an inferior one; because in such a case all her efforts, throughout hundreds of thousands of years, to establish an evolutionary higher stage of being, may thus be rendered futile"

None of these quotes make reference to any so-called divine rights. They clearly point out his belief in evolution and this was a major part of his developing philosophy before he came into power. These are just a few, there a plenty more where they came from.

It is a falsehood used today by people seeking to undermine evolution that they create a link that never existed to ? and ? .

See above quotes for link that you claim doesn't exist. Evolution is not an individual. It is a loose collection of theories some of which have been thrown in the trash and some have manifested as being pretty accurate. Many don't want to accept that evolution theories have been used to advance racial hierarchies and that some of the biggest proponents where unabashed racists. Doesn't mean Evolution proponents are racist. I'll cede your point about the misuse of that point to try and discredit science. But there were some theories that were revealed as racist.

Eugenics does find its birth in people inspired by evolution but the missed the point of the science. It is not unlike blaming the bible for the action of the Westboro Church. (The one that protest soldiers funerals.) Sure there are anti-? portions of the bible but to act purely on those passages is a bit mis-guided.

Man please. Darwin said Black people were between baboons and civilized races. The ? wasn't interested in doing anything but trying to prove white people and their "manifest destiny". Robert Chambers even went as so far to draw a racial scale from Black to Mongol to Caucasian at the Apex.

Evolutionist hang themselves because they try to defend racism and call it something else. Many of these people were racist who tried to justify it with science and since they were given free reign to teach in universities and other learning centers, they indoctrinated others who had no clue other than what they told them. They then sought a way to justify their genocidal plans through coded language and scientific jargon.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited June 2011
    ? said in the very first chapter of Mein Kampf that he is offended by the idea of evolution by natural selection and refused to believe in it.
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    ? said in the very first chapter of Mein Kampf that he is offended by the idea of evolution by natural selection and refused to believe in it.

Yeah and he said the exact opposite in the same book which was my point. He was all over the place. So if you are going to use ? quotes, you can't take the ones that validates your viewpoint and eschew the others like they don't exist.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited June 2011
    Yeah and he said the exact opposite in the same book

He didn't, though. You're deliberately misinterpreting a segment that you've taken out of context. ? .
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    He didn't, though. You're deliberately misinterpreting a segment that you've taken out of context. ? .

There is plenty of context and I interpreted nothing. It is plain for everyone to see, matter of fact, I will repeat it. I could understand once but he keeps repeating himself.

"Whatever survives these hardships of existence has been tested and tried a thousandfold, hardened and renders fit to continue the process of procreation; so that the same thorough selection will begin all over again. By thus dealing brutally with the individual and recalling him the very moment he shows that he is not fitted for the trials of life, Nature preserves the strength of the race and the species and raises it to the highest degree of efficiency".- Mein Kampf

"By leaving the process of procreation unchecked and by submitting the individual to the hardest preparatory tests in life, Nature selects the best from an abundance of single elements and stamps them as fit to live and carry on the conservation of the species" - Mein Kempf

"If Nature does not wish that weaker individuals should mate with the stronger, she wishes even less that a superior race should intermingle with an inferior one; because in such a case all her efforts, throughout hundreds of thousands of years, to establish an evolutionary higher stage of being, may thus be rendered futile"

Provide the context before and after show we can show what supposed misinterpretation is present . ? was insane. Deal with it.

If all your ? ass can do is cosign wharf then maybe you should sit this one out. This is not the grown and sexy, ? . People can talk about more than licking buttholes. Can't believe a Jew is defending ? just to bolster a ? argument by atheists. Henry Ford applauds you.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited June 2011
    Nobody's defending ? here.

Although the cult leader you follow has called him a "great man."

It's funny that you believe the Yakub story but you don't get evolution. But that's cult brainwashing for ya.
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    Nobody's defending ? here.

Although the cult leader you follow has called him a "great man.".

I do get evolution. I have gone on record as saying that I believe in both. Our existence bears witness to the process of evolution. Our journey from sperm to fetus to newborn to our growth and deterioration is enough for me to say evolution is a provable concept. I don't need a scientist to tell me that.

I don't follow a cult leader. But if you are referring to Minister Farrakhan the actual quote he was "wickedly great". Talk about taking it out of context. ? was great. There is no disputing that. He died over six decades ago and you are still talking about him. He was mashing up Europe. I think that qualifies as great. Doesn't mean he was good.

And you atheists are one of the biggest cults around. Most of you don't do anything but slavishly follow and gobble up what a few half learned ones have to tell you. A ? tells you something and you don't analyze it, research it, you just accept it. You suspend all reason and logic. Because you are mostly intellectual cowards and lazy. Your idea of research is cut and paste what Richard Dawkins said. SMH at you lambasting Christians and you do the same thing.