Jean Grae - Cookies or Comas Released

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in The Essence
23rd June, 2011. Cookies or Comas the prelude tape to the studio album Cake or Death - coming this fall!

If you're new to Jean, then you may want to check out her discography in our Artist of the Month series.

jeangrae_cookiesorcomas.jpg

This tape is rated as 4.5/5 over at HipHopDX.com with fans stating that she has simply 'done it again,' I'm about to take a listen. Anybody here already checked it out? What are your thoughts? Jean over Kanye's Blame Game:

Link to DJBooth.net where she has released the tape for free download.

Comments

• The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited June 2011
    this is my lady. It's a damn shame she doesn't get as much love as some of the lame female rappers out. But most true emcee's don't these days
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    her lyrics ,as always on point, but her delivery is a lil weak tho....but quiet as kept thats also always been the point.

Still got to show her some love and suppport, she the closes thing L-Boogies reppin skilled fe-emcees we have
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    a.mann wrote: »
    her lyrics ,as always on point, but her delivery is a lil weak tho....but quiet as kept thats also always been the point.

Still got to show her some love and suppport, she the closes thing L-Boogies reppin skilled fe-emcees we have

I know where you're coming from @ bolded. Sounds almost purposeful though and some of her delivery is nice still though.

Think if this is a prelude disc, her album that drops later this year should be really good... really liking the tape as a whole, very listenable and it might not be one of the greatest tapes of the year vs. Kendrick Lamar on Saturday (which I anticipate will be a lot better off of leaked tracks) and Elmatic.