Current mainstream rap will die like disco

loch121
loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Essence
Current mainstream rap based on dances and simple lyrics will die but,hiphop will never die.Disco music was just a bastard child of funk and RnB.it was hot for a couple years and then it died cuz ppl hated it who loved real music.Current dance rap is the same because the ppl who support it are fly by night fans who like what's heavily promoted and thought to be "hot".Rappers who were hot in 2006 of wack ? are nowhere to be found while lyricists who came out then are still here.These dudes come out make a lil money and then their flaky fans hop on to the next fad and forget about them.they have no intl fanbase and don't sale records.They can't survive indie in the real underground so they die out.In 2 years alot of these so called hot rappers will be nowhere to be found,while true artists will still be here doing shows and making music.lyricists are the guns.these wack ? are the butter.The best thing that happened to hip hop is the industry crumbling cuz it's forcing artists to have talent.These declining sales are directly in relation to wack one hit wonder artists and lazy major labels.We as artists and fans have to support good music.Ras kass said some real ? when he said being a hip hop fan you got to be like a Cuban cigar smoker.You can't go to citgo to get those good cigars you gotta go to a custom shop.we gotta start seeking good music like we used to.we lazy,the labels are lazier,and the artists are the laziest.I pray hip hop finds itself.
http://twitter.com/loch121
http://myspace.com/loch121
http://youtube.com/lochofmceo
http://lochsworld.ning.com

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    Itll never die off all the way it will just adjust and change its style. Disco was pretty much the exact same style the entire time, Hiphop will constently change and adapt and find ways to reinvent it self. Bubblegum rap, Gangsta rap, The whole flashy ? , todays teeny bopper rap I cant see it dying off but more likely keep seeing different styles drop every 5-10 years
  • loch121
    edited March 2010
    Itll never die off all the way it will just adjust and change its style. Disco was pretty much the exact same style the entire time, Hiphop will constently change and adapt and find ways to reinvent it self. Bubblegum rap, Gangsta rap, The whole flashy ? , todays teeny bopper rap I cant see it dying off but more likely keep seeing different styles drop every 5-10 years
    I agree.I just think this bubble gum ? will die.It's never been this bad
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    loch121 wrote: »
    I agree.I just think this bubble gum ? will die.It's never been this bad

It'll die eventually, Early rap would be considered bubble gum, then NWA and them came out, then even though better rap was still relevant Mc Hammer and them had a run on top, then after Pac n Big did their thing then went all the shiny ? started with Bad Boy basically bubblegum, 50 killed it for a few years then brought it back, Now its on top again and somebody else will come through and destroy it again and so on and so on.
  • young luka
    young luka Members Posts: 280 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    yea its gonna keep goin back and forth...it's always gonna be some time of wack, simple, extra commercial ? out there cuz it makes money at the end of the day that's all "they" care about.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    If you look at the popular stuff back in 99-2001 the artists then were considered 'hot' and also coming with some excellent material - mainstream powered.

The lyricists from then are still here today as you say, but I disagree with what's out there now dying off. As Young Luka states, there will always be something out there like that. We are lazy, but the current decline in sales is related more so to the internet than anything else.
  • loch121
    edited March 2010
    young luka wrote: »
    yea its gonna keep goin back and forth...it's always gonna be some time of wack, simple, extra commercial ? out there cuz it makes money at the end of the day that's all "they" care about.
    The difference to me is back then it was understood that ? or deep hip hop was the body of hip hop and the other ? was pop now ppl act like the pop ? is the main course.Look at Biggie.he was still a real rapper making hits.Now it's like the hammers and Puffy type ? is rap.Even Puff and hammer were not as bad as these dudes.They had a since of hip hop.These dudes don't give a flying ? theses days.early hiphop wasn't bubble gum.Run Dmc was still rough.furious 5,Sugar Hill gang etc.They still had a certain edge and awareness of where the genre came from.Even b4 50 cent who made everything street for a minute,Eminem was making hip hop music in the vein of ? rap.Even mase could actually rap.My thing is the talent.I don't care if it's hard or party just have talent lyrically,in some way.These new ? ain't even rapping
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    The difference to me is back then it was understood that ? or deep hip hop was the body of hip hop and the other ? was pop now ppl act like the pop ? is the main course.Look at Biggie.he was still a real rapper making hits.Now it's like the hammers and Puffy type ? is rap.Even Puff and hammer were not as bad as these dudes.They had a since of hip hop.These dudes don't give a flying ? theses days.early hiphop wasn't bubble gum.Run Dmc was still rough.furious 5,Sugar Hill gang etc.They still had a certain edge and awareness of where the genre came from.Even b4 50 cent who made everything street for a minute,Eminem was making hip hop music in the vein of ? rap.Even mase could actually rap.My thing is the talent.I don't care if it's hard or party just have talent lyrically,in some way.These new ? ain't even rapping

real talk.....but this ? just goes in cycles. People don't even realize that the mainstream has already started changing. The bubblegum ? is already falling off, while cats like Drake, J. Cole, B.o.B., Nipsey Hussle, Jay Rock, Freddie Gibbs, Pill, etc...all have a buzz that seems to get bigger as the months go by. J. Cole is currently on the cover of The Source, XXL has been doing the "Freshman Class" covers for 3 years now giving props to artists who focus more on lyrics than style. Jay Electronica actually cracked the Urban Top 100 with a striaght up underground hip hop record with no hook and the song was a massive hit on both Shade 45 and Hip Hop Nation.

Seriously, I think the mainstream will have a completely different look by the summer 2011
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited March 2010
    J. Rob wrote: »
    real talk.....but this ? just goes in cycles. People don't even realize that the mainstream has already started changing. The bubblegum ? is already falling off, while cats like Drake, J. Cole, B.o.B., Nipsey Hussle, Jay Rock, Freddie Gibbs, Pill, etc...all have a buzz that seems to get bigger as the months go by. J. Cole is currently on the cover of The Source, XXL has been doing the "Freshman Class" covers for 3 years now giving props to artists who focus more on lyrics than style. Jay Electronica actually cracked the Urban Top 100 with a striaght up underground hip hop record with no hook and the song was a massive hit on both Shade 45 and Hip Hop Nation.

Seriously, I think the mainstream will have a completely different look by the summer 2011

and really look at gimmicks that are already fading of from the last 10 years or so. Soulja boy doesn't even have buzz anymore. Hes done a few features but he ant got buzz anymore. Look at the new boyz they had their 2 singles now they ant getting sales or attention hardly. Go back futher and look at lil john i mean his new single is wack and he ant really building up much. So yeah i think this garbage will fade away and it is fading away as we speak.
  • young luka
    young luka Members Posts: 280 ✭✭
    edited March 2010

u gotta blame the media outlets mtv bet n all dat. it's not like the good artists aint out there making good music and trying to get it out. these networks straight tell people "we're not playing that it doesn't fit our demographic" nobody takes risks anymore they just do what they think is hot at the moment and until somebody real comes out and makes mad money it aint gonna switch up
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    How about some unpopular facts:

1..More than half of the rappers on TV have soldout
    2.Intitutions like Travistock actually study human nature to learn how to destroy humans thru unnatural tones and radio frequenties usually used in popular music today
    3.The Elite of the government got pac,big murdered
    4.Yes Nas sold out too,He's doing census commercials..The Census is a ploy the illuminati uses to count how people are in the US so they can properly determine how many people to ? for population control
    5.M&M is a racist who sucks the soul out of the culture..He was hand picked by the higher elite to infiltrate hip hop..He learned how to flow from blacks and really has no self made style
    6.The original purpose of hip hop was diverted on purpose to keep nubians from uniting..Thats why there aren't hardly any more groups like public enemy
    7.The South was put in charge of the game on purpose to keep the masses dumb wanting to execessively floss and spend money to booast the ecomony..The evil one knows that africans move to the sound of the drum(Which is heavily used in southern beats),the thing is that fake sythetic sounds were added to destroy your central nervous system..Music is now computerized and no longer natural..It doesn't move with the bio rythem of the planet...They sped up music to 440 megahertz which actually speeds up the heart rate and kills you dead slowly..
    8..Most videos nowadays depict martial law,chaos, quarantine etc..They are now showing you their plans..example videos to watch Jayz run this town,Fabolous body ya,M&M lil wayne drop the world and many more..
    9.Jay-z Is a Master Mason who uses his music,clothes to push the new world order agenda
    10..obama was choosen to infiltrate hip hop to get the youth on his side..truth is obama is the pre cursor to the new world order.."The Change" represents this..America is now in SERIOUS debt with mutiple countries

More to come.....
  • juelz9716
    juelz9716 Members Posts: 10
    edited March 2010
    There's only ONE...ONE reason why ppl think or it seems like hip-hop is dead or its dying...and that reason is.........ILLEGAL DOWNLOADING... honestly think about it..if you in your mans car crib whatever how many originally store brought CD's does he own..How many do you own.. the last CD I brought was BP3 and the last one b4 that was Graduation. So i take the blame for some of hip-hops uneven numbers and so should every person whose IPod is full of music they downloaded off of some website or software...