Did the Lakers fail the Heat?

Options
jrod44
jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
edited June 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Serious Question.

I sometimes think the Heat took the Mavs lightly, because they thought they were gonna whoop them.

I for real think if LA would have made it like it was scripted to, Miami would have been champs.

Dallas was a letdown, somewhat.

I aint hating though, congrats to ? Dirk and them ? ass Mavericks and the people who cosign em tho.

Comments

• newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jrod44 wrote: »
    Serious Question.

I sometimes think the Heat took the Mavs lightly, because they thought they were gonna whoop them.

I for real think if LA would have made it like it was scripted to, Miami would have been champs.

I aint hating though, congrats to ? Dirk and them ? ass Mavericks and the people who cosign em tho.

So when they lost 2 games in a row they didn't look up and say "oh ? we going home with one more loss"
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • jrod44
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So when they lost 2 games in a row they didn't look up and say "oh ? we going home with one more loss"

To me the series was lost in the first 4 games. Games 5 and 6 Dallas played lights out. We let them gain confidence, and they didnt drop the ball.

I still dont think the Heat lose their focus if they are playing the Lakers.

You saw what they did when they were motivated by the Celtics and Bulls. They took their eye off the ball, and Dallas made them pay. I just doubt they let the Lakers do that to them.

And this aint no spilled milk ? , just a theory.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

tumblr_lhy55lrlbw1qf087qo1_250-1.gif

28us7rt.gif

GOATkfc-1.gif
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    to make a thread like this, almost a month later, is when you know the loss REALLY affecting a ? , rofl... lil dude probably having nightmares and ? ...

"only if... the jet.. had missed that 3 pointer...."

? going back, wishing another team was in the finals so his team could've won, a month later... seek therapy, it's a wrap.
  • jrod44
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah I though I would get a couple U mads

That aint the point, Im just sayin I think they dont lose focus against the Lakers, like they did vs Dallas.

And i aint mad, Year two is Title or Bust tho
  • peagle05
    edited June 2011
    Options
    its the finals if ? losing focus they dont need to be there
  • jrod44
    edited June 2011
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »
    to make a thread like this, almost a month later, is when you know the loss REALLY affecting a ? , rofl... lil dude probably having nightmares and ? ...

"only if... the jet.. had missed that 3 pointer...."

? going back, wishing another team was in the finals so his team could've won, a month later... seek therapy, it's a wrap.

Bro we talk about ? that happened at any point in sports history, and speculate.

Again, what the ? I gotta be mad at? This is Year One B. Year One.
  • jrod44
    edited June 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    its the finals if ? losing focus they dont need to be there

I agree, but they did. These ? for real thought that Dallas wasnt ? , and it was too late to change things, because Dallas got hot.

IMO. I dont think the better team won. I think the Heat lost focus.

The point is I couldnt see the Heat having a letdown like they did vs the Lakers, of course I didnt think they would lose to ? ass Dallas, so...........
  • b*braze
    edited June 2011
    Options
    7 Stages of Grief...

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
    You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.

2. PAIN & GUILT-
    As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.

You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.

3. ANGER & BARGAINING-<
    you are here
    Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the death on someone else. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.

You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never drink again if you just bring him back")

4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
    Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.

During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

5. THE UPWARD TURN-
    As you start to adjust to life without your dear one, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.

6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
    As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your loved one. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without him or her.

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
    During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Stop making excuses, them boys got beat by the better team. In the years to come it wont get any easier with the emergence of the Bulls, Thunder, Knicks and you still have to deal with the Mavs and Lakers for the next year or two.
  • jrod44
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    7 Stages of Grief...

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
    During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward

This is where Im at.

Not playing the lakers ? us up tho.
  • jrod44
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Stop making excuses, them boys got beat by the better team. In the years to come it wont get any easier with the emergence of the Bulls, Thunder, Knicks and you still have to deal with the Mavs and Lakers for the next year or two.

? all them teams.

The Heat will be better just off GP.

Continuity and Chemistry comes in time.

Dirk said it best when he said that the Mavs have been practicing their ? for at least two years.

Execution will be better in Year Two.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This is the stupidest premise i ever heard of in my life..

Lebron.
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LMFAO peagle WTF program do u use????
  • peagle05
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LMFAO peagle WTF program do u use????

ulead gif animator and photoshop
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    idc who the opponent is, lebron is just a ? ass ? . If he was shook of Marion imagine what Artest woulda did to that ? .
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i jsut played the heat in 2k11 20 minutes ago
    all three quarters they was shooting 3s and gettin fouls
    i put that zone in the 4th

? was mindfucked

lebron only got like 18
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    ulead gif animator and photoshop

Word...

Back to the topic on hand, naw the Lakers just failed....miserably..
  • b*braze
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This is where Im at.

Not playing the lakers ? us up tho.
    Serious Question.

? all them teams.

The Heat will be better just off GP.

Continuity and Chemistry comes in time.

Dirk said it best when he said that the Mavs have been practicing their ? for at least two years.

Execution will be better in Year Two.

nah bro, you definitely #3 lol

3. ANGER & BARGAINING
    Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the death on someone else. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I mean at this point I'm over it now. Simple and plain the mavs won, in Miami. Just like the previous time we met in the finals we won, in Dallas. Right now I'm focused on the next season(if there is one)
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol @ the steps of anger posts.
  • magic_b
    magic_b Members Posts: 282
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The Hacker wrote: »
    i jsut played the heat in 2k11 20 minutes ago
    all three quarters they was shooting 3s and gettin fouls
    i put that zone in the 4th

? was mindfucked

lebron only got like 18

Real talk I thought I was the only one who knew that running the zone could stop Miami even on 2k. That's a shame when it works on the video games and in real life
  • ToWn_DrUnK
    ToWn_DrUnK Members Posts: 1,018
    edited June 2011
    Options
    idk bout that but i think if the lakers woulda made it to finals ....ahhhhhhhhh man we would be talkin whole other story cuz heat woulda won it all ...news lebron and wade first title together ..kobe gettin old ..pau is soft andrew can't be heathly ...artest a distrraction wow woulda been ugly
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »

tumblr_lhy55lrlbw1qf087qo1_250-1.gif

28us7rt.gif

GOATkfc-1.gif
    lmao some funny ?
This discussion has been closed.