Slavery is back. Not slaverylike conditions, not near slavery, but REAL SLAVERY.

2»

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Ive heard about Angola prison in LA...? is devastating that in 2011 there are still slaves in the country that claims to be the "model" civilization

When u think about it slavery is a very old phenomenon and its really not going anywhere soon...as long there is a demand for cheap labor there will be slaves as simple as that...capitalism=cheap labor=slavery of the masses
    ? them prisoners.I have no problem with criminals being used as slaves.They should not have committed their crimes.It may sound cold,but the world is a harsh place to live and these jail birds make it worse on themselves.
  • paulexander
    paulexander Members Posts: 13
    edited July 2011
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    ? them prisoners.I have no problem with criminals being used as slaves.They should not have committed their crimes.It may sound cold,but the world is a harsh place to live and these jail birds make it worse on themselves.

amen,...you make the bed you lay in. its not called punishment for nothing. ive managed to stay outta the ? my whole life and thats not up to anyone but me.
  • paulexander
    paulexander Members Posts: 13
    edited July 2011
    heyslick wrote: »
    What a pity that so many believe this. IMO people can make their own heaven OR hell on this planet...and unfortunately some don't have enough sense to realize how well off they really are.

this is very true- however boil it down to simplest terms and what ive said is the plain truth. equality is non existant and absolutely impossible to obtain within a massive diverse group of free thinking beings. there will never be a utopian society unless we all get our frontal lobes removed.