What sports moments are overrated to you?

Options
124»

Comments

• GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Reggie Miller hitting all those 3s and stealing the ball to hit another one at the last couple of seconds to beat the Knicks in the playoffs!!!!! Ok wait that wasnt over rated that was ? awesome! I can watch that over and over. But seriously I think that AI crossing over Jordan is. AI never won a championship, didnt want to come off the bench for the Grizzlies, played overseas, got hurt, and chances are low for him to get back in the league. He should have went to practice.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Topping off a 16-0 season and winning the last game of the season with the Record breaking TD is overrated how?

A big part of the reason it's overrated is cuz it's used as an argument of Brady>>Manning. When in actuality Peyton could have easily gotten more than 50 TD's had his offense decided to (Like Brady's did)

But it's the way Brady went about getting the record. They were blowin teams out late in games, and still throwin deep ass bombs to Moss. Blowin teams out late in games, and still goin for it on 4th down despite being in FG range. It's like instead of playing great and letting the record come to him, he played for the record.

How many other teams you know that blew out the other team most games in the season, rarely ever trailed, but still went for it on 4th down 21 times?
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The iverson crossover on mj wasn't overrated

There's a reason the whole damn crowd stood up when Jordan got switched on to him. They knew what was about to happen....iverson knew what was about to happen...hell even Jordan knew what was about to happen. And it happened. Plus iverson finished it off with a tough j in his grill. That was a great MOMENT.

What happened years down the line doesn't matter. The ? does him not wanting to come off the bench in Memphis 10 years later have to do with that moment?
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    when jason richardson bounced the ball off carlos boozers head in the all-star game. he caught all kinds of unnecessary flack for that.

and jimmy chitwoods final shot to beat those blacks at Duggan
  • brocktonpatriot
    brocktonpatriot Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I love em but Rajon Rondo's elbow as amazing as it was, resulted in losing in 5 game this past year...

Also, Kobe's 2008 MVP year...where he "got" it
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Reggie miller scored 25 points in the 4th quarter and 39 for the game in a game 5 on the road of the ECF after bein down 12-15 that whole game to give the pacers a 3-2 lead

At a place where they were 1-22 before that game

No sign

You missing my point. Indiana still lost the damn series.