Its a wrap for Federer's career

Options
ImSoReal
ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
edited June 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
he was up 2 sets and ends up losing to some French guy. SMH at him being washed up at the early age of 30, and tennis isnt even a physical sport like football

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Umm what? Anyways I ? with my mans Rafa forget federer
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i doubt it. and this wasnt just some french guy he was playing...tsonga was ranked 12th, and is a top 10 caliber player.

federer is now 178-1 all time in majors when up 2 sets.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tsonga's a sick player, always has been. People were expecting him to challenge the top seeded players since 2008 when he got to the Australian Open Final. He's hardly just 'some French guy' just because you might not have heard of him before. Federer's still the best in the world.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    He will win a couple more majors imo
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    T-Rel wrote: »
    He will win a couple more majors imo

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    federer is gonna be one of the favorites at the us open too...

as long as he doesnt face nadal, he will be favored in every match
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Federer will be in the top 5 for a few more years yet
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Roger is very healthy, so I expect him to contend easily for another 4-5 years at the majors
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Federer's still the 2nd best in the world.

fixed that for ya
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    federer has fallen off do to injuries and it has effected his power and quickness.....but he will make another run before he retires
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Didn't know dudes around here watched Tennis. Thought I was the only one.

But, damn. I was watching the match a little bit and got up and left the house thinking Tsonga was done for. Came back later to find out dude came back and beat him.

Tsonga got some skills though. I remember once he beat Rafa in straight sets.
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    A tad dramatic.

Federer is still one of the best players, just no longer THE best player. His peers have caught up to him and his game has dipped a bit. He's not as consistent as he was but still always a contender. It's Nadal's time now. His mental toughness and will to win is Jordanesque.
  • the ghost
    the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ImSoReal wrote: »
    he was up 2 sets and ends up losing to some French guy. SMH at him being washed up at the early age of 30, and tennis isnt even a physical sport like football

Dude, Tsonga isn't some french guy he's ranked 12 in the world who has beat several top 10 players, and 30 is old as hell in tennis years and Fed is still the #1 best player in the world with no signs of slowin down dramatically anytime soon.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    30 old as hell in tennis.... you starting to hit your prime at 18/19
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    T/S doesnt no wtf he is talking Federer will be fine 27 straight qf in Majors= open era record.
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    He's not done, but those days when he was dominating everything are clearly done. He'll always be a contender but no longer the unstoppable force that you could always place in the finals. I think he still has the capability to win atleast a major, he still has the talent.

...and Jo ? is legit, he's been to a Major final and is always a top ranked player.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Him and Tiger suffering from the same thing. Time.
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I find it funny that Tennis Players are considered old at 30, but football players are able to get hit and hit at 30 plus
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ImSoReal wrote: »
    I find it funny that Tennis Players are considered old at 30, but football players are able to get hit and hit at 30 plus

When playing tennis, you are always running fast, constantly changing direction. At the professional level, your endurance/stamina game must be on point. You remember the Isner-Mahut marathon and a half from last year's Wimbledon. Any regular club player would not be able to handle playing so many hours of tennis. Granted it is over three days, but no matter how in shape you are, Isner and Mahut has world class masseuses and rehab that allowed them to go 70-68 in that 5th set.
    My point is, tennis players play several tournaments a year, a few per month. Add all of that sprinting, shifts in direction, and our bodies will feel 45 at 30
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    He lost in the Quarterfinals.....but he's washed up? Shut the ? up you ? imbecile.